collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Equestria Girls Dolls Pictures  (Read 40663 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: New Equestria Girls Dolls Pictures
« Reply #465 on: August 02, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
I got the Applejack doll at TRU yesterday (was gonna get Twi, but she was sold out), so I'll write up a review. Why not?

The dolls are modeled after the way they look after the "transformation" sequence in the movie, thus they have pony ears as opposed to human ears. I hope they come out with ones with human ears later on, since that's how they appeared in the majority of the movie, but I doubt they will. The standard dolls have molded on shirts, which does annoy me. The only ones I saw that were available without molded shirts were Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, hopefully they'll get the rest in later, because I'm not a fan of molded clothes. The hair is pretty good, and feels more like the earlier G4 brushables as opposed to the later ones. So that's a plus. The latest brushables I've been getting have stringy, gross-feeling hair. The entire TRU favorite set was like that. Anyway, back on topic of the dolls, the toys do not have feet. If you take of the boots, there's just a round thing that you plug into the boots. The skirt isn't too bad. It is however covered in glitter that gets on your hands. The skirt can come off, and underneath it's just cheap looking joints connecting to her legs... Moving on to her face. They actually remembered to give AJ her freckles this time, they keep forgetting to do that on the pony AJ. And they have cutie marks on their cheeks... yeeaaah... that wasn't in the movie. Eh, oh well. I'd prefer it if they didn't have cutie mark cheeks, but whatever. They have shapes in their eyes (AJ had apples), which is reminiscent of the G3 ponies, so that's kinda neat, though again inaccurate to the movie. Also, they all have lipstick and eyeliner.... also not accurate, as Rarity and Fluttershy are the only two with eyeliner in the movie. The design of the cloths themselves (ignoring the molded shirt and glittery skirt) aren't too bad, but again not accurate to the movie. The boots look kinda cool, and while not exact to the design of the movie AJ's boots, are close enough. Oh and, all the dolls use the same mold, each one has a hole in the back for wings. And strangely enough, the back of the dolls say "© 2012 Hasbro". So these molds were made in 2012? Huh. By the way, the arms and legs only move at the base, and the arms are made of a softer plastic then the rest of the doll.

All in all, I give them (at least AJ), a 6.5/10. It's better than I expected, but the molded shirt, cutie mark cheek, and the lack of feet are what knocks down the points the most. I am glad at the hair quality though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:07:14 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 02, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
I feel like I'm the only one who prefers the non-poseable dolls.  The poseable ones are giving me one heck-of-a hard time to get them to stand right.  The stiff ones are SO much easier to stand, at least for me.  It just seems like the knee joints are really weak.  Any little movement, and their knees fall out from under them.  But maybe I just got some faulty ones or something.  I DO prefer the clothing on the poseable ones, though.  Their outfits are so cute, especially Dash's!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 02, 2013, 12:24:31 PM »
I feel like I'm the only one who prefers the non-poseable dolls.  The poseable ones are giving me one heck-of-a hard time to get them to stand right.  The stiff ones are SO much easier to stand, at least for me.  It just seems like the knee joints are really weak.  Any little movement, and their knees fall out from under them.  But maybe I just got some faulty ones or something.  I DO prefer the clothing on the poseable ones, though.  Their outfits are so cute, especially Dash's!

If you want to mail me your poseable FS and RD bodies- I'll send you a non-poseable RD and... AJ's body? (you could paint yellow)  ?

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »

If you want to mail me your poseable FS and RD bodies- I'll send you a non-poseable RD and... AJ's body? (you could paint yellow)  ?
Aren't the non-poseable versions of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash gonna come out sooner or later? <:o
http://www.strawberryreef.com/images/Ponies/FIM/EG/FluttershyEG_L.jpg

http://www.strawberryreef.com/images/Ponies/FIM/EG/RainbowDashEG_L.jpg
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 02, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »
Just found non-poseable Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle with pony at TRU.  I didn't even know there was another version of Twilight!  That makes three already!  :shocked:  She's like the Pinkie of EG.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »
This might be old news, but are there two different versions of the red/white boots that came with the deluxe version of Rainbow? The one with the feather-thingies coming from the lace-holes. Mine are black with magenta feathers, but in most pictures online I've seen they seem to be red with white feathers.

Rainbow is my first and only EG purchase so far, but man I love her so much more than I thought I would :) She's not even my favorite of the main six, but she really is cute. She's dainty and small in a pixie-like way, but she's also got some spunk and attitude :D I carefully scraped off the glitter on her eyeshadow with my nail, and I think she looks much better that way. I can't wait to get back to the store to get Applejack.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:39:10 PM by Jocelyn »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 07, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
I've recently got Applejack. When I looked at her pics online I didn't like her and she wasn't the best looking :s I only liked her box art, but I wound up getting her since my mom said 1 doll (I originally wanted SS&TS 2 pack, somewhat glad I was prepared when she threw me that curveball  :lol:)
And I gotta say, she looks pretty darn good  :P Texas, country girl...gotta represent  :cool:
Oh no!

BronySD

« Reply #472 on: August 07, 2013, 09:30:46 PM »
I actually love the dolls. My only two issues is that I really wish Rarity had a facial expression that looked more like her pony personality and that they would have spent more time thinking out the outfits. I'm waiting to get Apple jacks because I hate her hat. Why couldn't they give her a real cowboy hat?

Anyways, here is a picture of my girls after being styled.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 07, 2013, 10:33:58 PM »
I still can't get into these. I mean I ended up liking Equestria Girls the movie but these dolls just aren't doing it for me. They style of the movie was really cute if the dolls looked more like that I might buy them, but all the makeup and glittery clothes just don't really fit their personalities. I'm not much of a doll person though so I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about, but gosh these things just look so tacky to me.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #474 on: August 08, 2013, 12:34:46 AM »
I've recently got Applejack. When I looked at her pics online I didn't like her and she wasn't the best looking :s I only liked her box art, but I wound up getting her since my mom said 1 doll (I originally wanted SS&TS 2 pack, somewhat glad I was prepared when she threw me that curveball  :lol:)
And I gotta say, she looks pretty darn good  :P Texas, country girl...gotta represent  :cool:

Yeah woohoo Texas! :D I actually picked up AJ today myself! I think she was the cutest looking doll from the selection U had.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 08, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »
I actually love the dolls. My only two issues is that I really wish Rarity had a facial expression that looked more like her pony personality and that they would have spent more time thinking out the outfits. I'm waiting to get Apple jacks because I hate her hat. Why couldn't they give her a real cowboy hat?

Anyways, here is a picture of my girls after being styled.

What other type of clothes can the EG dolls wear? :o
Oh no!

BronySD

« Reply #476 on: August 08, 2013, 01:23:41 AM »
Hey Twilight pink Navarro,  I know that La Dee Da clothes fits them perfectly. I'm also think that some of the Disney channel dolls clothes might fit as well as Barbies sisters clothes but haven't tried yet.

SajiNoKami

« Reply #477 on: August 08, 2013, 02:01:02 AM »
They fit into Bratz peg shoes and MH clothes well. XD

Gosh, once they get a jointed Pinkie and Rarity, I am there! Also liked that Celestia, I hope for a jointed one... DJ, Ditzy, big Mac..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:04:37 AM by SajiNoKami »

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #478 on: August 08, 2013, 03:51:05 AM »
Here is my AJ and RD! I have only collected these two so far....no new clothes yet! :) My store is getting ready to reset the MH stuff which is nice! Also saving for the WLF Bubble Muffin figure so it might be a while before I can pick up the rest of the dolls.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #479 on: August 08, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »
A picture of the set that includes Luna Tr'U will be selling has surfaced:

Spoiler

Sure looks like a vice principal to me.
 HasbroooOOOO! :rant:  :enraged:

And if they're suppose to be cheerleaders, shouldn't their outfits all be the blue and yellow Wondercolts colors?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:30:08 AM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal