collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scootaloo flying?  (Read 810 times)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Scootaloo flying?
« on: June 13, 2013, 09:36:54 AM »
Sorry if this has already been posted before,but I got the Cloudsdale miniature collection figures yesterday and when I took out the cardboard background,I looked on the back.The right side had Princess Celestia,and the left side had this....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Error,or intentional? What do you think?
I assume it's an error but I found it kind of interesting!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Re: Scootaloo flying?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »
I also got that one. She looks very cute. :3

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
Just old stock art, nothing more.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
Very different art style, but really cute :)

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
There was a thread about her last year
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,294272.msg166920.html#msg166920

She is weird looking! :)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »
She also flies around all the time in the Gameloft MLP game. Guess she doesn't have a flight handicap after all?

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
Aww,thought I found something new :P

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
Would this be a good place to ask if anyone would mind if I allowed Scoots to fly during fan-related material?  I know that her not being able to fly was an idea that may or may not be used in the show, but the jury is still out on whether she will fly or not, but even if they do decide that she has a condition that stops her flying, would anyone mind if she does in my series?

If this is too off topic I'll make a thread about it, which I planned to, but I saw the subject was already about her flight, so I thought I'd ask.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »
@MJNSEIFER - no one here reports to the pony fan fiction police so you should honestly feel free to create your own pony world without worry about upsetting anyone. Its your creation to do as you please with it - if anyone was to complain then the problem is theirs and certainly not yours.

Oddly this vector turned up way back when G4 first arrived in the UK it was on the display stand which G4s were given in some large supermarkets. Its not so much the flying which perplexes me - its the very weird face :/
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 04:25:02 PM »
@MJNSEIFER - no one here reports to the pony fan fiction police so you should honestly feel free to create your own pony world without worry about upsetting anyone. Its your creation to do as you please with it - if anyone was to complain then the problem is theirs and certainly not yours.
Thanks, I appreciate you telling me that, I was always a bit insecure about it because so many fans seem to really not want her to fly, ever.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

Oddly this vector turned up way back when G4 first arrived in the UK it was on the display stand which G4s were given in some large supermarkets. Its not so much the flying which perplexes me - its the very weird face :/

The face creeps me out too!

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 05:52:22 PM »
Heehee, when I got this set I noticed this little Scootaloo too and I liked her so much I cut her out and pinned her to my wall. She does have a really weird face, but for some reason I find it really funny!
My friend and I nicknamed her Strangealoo and whenever I notice her on my wall I laugh.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »
fly like the wind, scoots!
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »
You know, all through season 1 and 2 I wondered if she could really fly or if she just didn't do it that much. It was all left rather ambiguous, and none of the characters ever addressed it. However, there were a few eps in season 3 that seemed to almost prove that she really can't. The one that comes to mind is the camping episode, where Rainbow Dash saves her from falling into the river, and later carries her on a flight.

I'm not sure why Hasbro chose Scootaloo for the vector in the Cloudsdale set. I wouldn't call it an error so much as they don't really care if they stick to the show or not lol.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »
You know, all through season 1 and 2 I wondered if she could really fly or if she just didn't do it that much. It was all left rather ambiguous, and none of the characters ever addressed it. However, there were a few eps in season 3 that seemed to almost prove that she really can't. The one that comes to mind is the camping episode, where Rainbow Dash saves her from falling into the river, and later carries her on a flight.

Here's how I've always looked at it, and yes, this is how it will be handled in my fanseries regardless of how they go with it in the actual show (now that I know that it's okay for me to do this, thanks again guys. :happy:) I've always looked at it as simply "she can't fly yet".  Now, this was admitidly before I heard that Lauren had at the very least toyed with the idea that Scoots was going to have some kind of condition that prevented her from flight, but to me that's something that could go either way, like she just hasn't learned it yet.

Even with Baby Cakes containing a pegasus who can fly straight away, it in no way proves that Scootaloo will never fly, especially when you consider that it can be compared to the fact that human babies are capable of skills and brain patterns after being born before they actually learn them as adults, or children, but then lose them after a while.  So from that angle it could be inferred that all pegasi can fly at birth, but they will eventually have to learn for real.  That is how my fanseries will handle it either way.

This is backed up by the fact that the same episode had a baby unicorn who could use magic straight away (this was explained in the episode as well, further proving my theory) yet Sweetie Belle could not use magic at any time before that episode, yet at no point did Lauren or any writer say that they were toying with the idea of her never being able to use magic, and further more Scootaloo has had more "boosts" and "false starts" with her flying than Sweetie Belle has with her magic, yet no one seems to care that she has yet to really use any magic herself.

That's basically my view on it any way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal