collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

We might loose Crowning_Glory What should we do

Just end it now and start shipping prizes
2 (15.4%)
End this in Aug (only can be done if I have a back up pony helper)
1 (7.7%)
End this July 31
2 (15.4%)
Keep going as plan but we will have a #2 Pony Helper in case CG needs to bail
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 25, 2013, 11:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)  (Read 10651 times)

ValhallaLilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2013, 04:56:17 AM »
Ohhh will have to get a better list together then. I've kinda just been keeping track in my head... :/

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2013, 06:28:30 AM »
July 1 to July 31, I have 34 points. I just have no motivation to get any house chores done.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »
Nohpny I'm glad you went back and reread the guidelines! I did not realize that the check-in was near!

I too have kinda been keeping track of my points in my head... I have a spreadsheet that I printed out but I haven't been doing very well on that one... ;;^_^;; The other thing that I have been doing is my Wii workout has a journal on it that keeps track of exercising and vegetables; I can look at that if necessary.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Yes, please do respond with your points and if you are still actively participating!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Nohpny

« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2013, 05:14:02 PM »
Rad - Neither did I! I just had this weird feeling so I had to check and yeah.

SDS - At least you have an average of one point a day! That's good enough (: I know the feeling of no motivation, I have none when it comes to my violin...

Evrepny (Everypony) - If you're not entirely sure of what you have just guesstimate, but once you know you can correct it. How did the challenges go for everyone? Good or bad? I was thinking of another challenge where you had to try something new everyday or something different as a boost to get out of your comfort zone but I don't know. ^^; What do you guys think? I just want to keep this active...

lupachiotta

« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »
My challenge went great! I got the full ten points!

Nohpny

« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:26 AM »
Great to hear lupachiotta, what do you think about a second challenge?

lupachiotta

« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2013, 03:49:23 PM »
I would totally participate in a second challenge but I have no idea what it would be! Trying something new everyday could work. It would be a challenge for me just to think of something new to try!

Offline Primrose

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »
Okay. I’m sorry to say, I’m still doing poorly with this. My progress has been downright miserable (as of today I have 10 points, yikes!), though it does make me realize how much pop I’ve been putting into my body, which is a little bit scary. I had no idea I was consuming so much sugar. It makes me worry about my teeth. :blink:

I don’t want to go into too much detail, (and it would take a while to explain everything that is going on right now), but I’ve been going through a bit lately. Here’s a snippet: one of the largest causes of stress at the moment being that the family is selling the homestead which has been in our family for over 140 years, and my Grandma is moving. Grama is moving about fifteen minutes away from the homestead, but the homestead is an hour and fifteen minutes away from my parents’ house. On the days I’m helping Grama, I usually leave early, stop at Mcdonalds for breakfast, and spend most of the day helping Grama. There is no time for a workout on these days, and I don’t always know when they’re going to be. I usually never eat very healthy when I help Grandma.  I know it won’t always be so busy, (I hope…we’ll see how this job hunting thing goes), but it’s been difficult to focus on maintaining starting my healthy habits. I don’t know if I should continue with this, since I’ve been doing so abysmally.

As for tonight, I AM heading to the gym. I am I am I am.

I was thinking about trying to do my challenge as a way to see if I could continue with this, but I just realized that I haven’t been able to keep up with the regular goals I set for myself. How should I be able to complete an extra challenge? I hate to say it, but I think I need to sit the rest of this round out. Maybe I’ll join again next round (if there is a next round), when I’m a little less busy. 

I wish the rest of you the best of luck, and I hope you can all meet your goals. 

Nohpny

« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
Sorry to hear about that  Primrose. -huggles- I hope everything goes well with your grandma and sorry to hear about selling the homestead. Just do waht you can that works with you, even if today is the only day you can go to the gym it is better than nothing.

lupachiotta - Thanks for your input much appreciated!

ValhallaLilly

« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
July 1-31 I have 24 from flossing, 10 from the challenge. 31 from saving, -10 for thrifting. so um. *calculator* so 55. Good thing I had that challenge... :\ made up for all that thrift storeing *le sigh*

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2013, 10:46:48 AM »
I GOT SOME CLEANING DONE TODAY! :cheer: Sorry, I just had to get excited that I did something. To make the deal even sweeter for myself, I used the iPad to talk to my dad while doing it. It a pleasant way to get something done while being distracted from its drudgery, and I get caught up on latest goings on.

:cheer:

I think I will use that method more often.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

ValhallaLilly

« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
Caught up on posts now.

So I know Summer is really hard to keep motivated. Or it sounds like it is for lots of people. (winter is my own horrible time). But to give a little pep talk We all get ponies!! Even if you do really crappy and feel like you are failing miserably you still get a pony in the end.

As for challenges I don't know either what a good one for it would be. I had a hard enough time trying to think up one for the last time. But maybe a week of trying someone else's challenge? Like I would try SDS's cleaning every day (sorry I think that's right?)

Nohpny

« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
SDS - Yay~! That's amazing! Whatever works to get you motivated (:

ValhallaLilly - Yay for ponies :3
That's a good idea!

Anyone else would like to do that?

lupachiotta

« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
I think that'd be a fun challenge but mine was too specific for anyone to take on. My healthy habits has to do with painting and I worked on a specific horse for an allotted amount of time every day.  I suppose it could be modified!  We'd have to have a list of the challenges...

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
Hello! Yes I have been crazy busy! House is going up for sale on Monday....overly nervous and miss coming on this thread every day. I have been trying so hard to make some money as I am in financial trouble. I do have good days of my challenge and I do keep track of my points....yeah I am at 20:( A lot of negatives. I would stay in if I knew I was going to be in a location to send to. As of right now I could be homeless:P mostly because we sold our house not financially.

Keep working and Like ValhallaLilly said making an effort is always worth rewarding and deserving a pony so KEEP WORKING:) It may not be great this round but it will be easier to get better the next round if you do not give up:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal