collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

We might loose Crowning_Glory What should we do

Just end it now and start shipping prizes
2 (15.4%)
End this in Aug (only can be done if I have a back up pony helper)
1 (7.7%)
End this July 31
2 (15.4%)
Keep going as plan but we will have a #2 Pony Helper in case CG needs to bail
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 25, 2013, 11:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)  (Read 9975 times)

nikit96

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! Sign Ups Starting!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 10:54:47 AM »
Oh, okay. Thanks for answering my questions. -huggles-  :tackleglomp: I hope with your new diet that you feel better soon and that it is a temporary and you're part of the 10%.  ^.^

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
I'll quote the bit about egg yolks.

You might notice here that this discussion was entirely related to egg white proteins.  Egg yolks are not likely to cause these issues.  However, if you are following the Autoimmune Protocol, I urge caution since egg yolks are a very common food sensitivity in those with leaky guts (note that this is different than being allergic to them).  I still recommend avoiding both egg white and yolk when you first adopt the Autoimmune Protocol.  But, of all of the foods that are restricted in this protocol, I think egg yolks are the most likely to be tolerated and many people can add them back in. 

Thanks nikit! :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:48 AM »
This is the strangest question ever. Can we participate and track our progress but do our own reward system? Like if I get so many points for myself I'll buy my own pony when I reach a goal?

Last year I signed up and had to drop out due to RL stuff, and I still got a box of lovely things. It was sweet and I loved it, but I really don't want anyone sending me ponies this time when I'm not dependable. I think it would be fun to participate and track my points and do the challenges again, but I don't want a prize from someone.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
This is the strangest question ever. Can we participate and track our progress but do our own reward system? Like if I get so many points for myself I'll buy my own pony when I reach a goal?

Last year I signed up and had to drop out due to RL stuff, and I still got a box of lovely things. It was sweet and I loved it, but I really don't want anyone sending me ponies this time when I'm not dependable. I think it would be fun to participate and track my points and do the challenges again, but I don't want a prize from someone.

Why don't you do something like SDS mentioned - set aside like a buck a point per day, and use that money at the end to reward yourself? That sounded like a pretty nice idea...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »
It does, and I wouldn't mind doing that. I just noticed in the rules it says everyone must donate a pony. Wondering f I could participate and just not donate since no one else is expected to get me something. I would jut take care of myself. :P
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
I don't personally see why that would be an issue at all Mad! I mean... you won't have a pony in the "pile"  but you won't be taking a pony from the "pile" either... but you'd have to ask Glory for sure since they're organizing it! :)

My Want List

nikit96

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
SDS - you can call me Niki. (:

madhatterda - I forgot what I was going to say D: oh - nope - ill get back to you on that. ^^; I agree with Sunshine though.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »
so doing this.
ponies are a great motivator

Screen Name: Rosierjay
You Goal/s:#1 tone my tummy a bit. don't think i can get it flat... but i want to have the right kind of curves.
#2 drink more water and less sugary stuff. i love soda and find i get really to kinda dehydrated cuz i don't drink enough water. (side goals. actually read all the books i've bought and stop buying new ones. and finish at least 3 of 5 projects)
Whats Your Plan:
I've bought a belly dancing instructional dvd. my plan is to start slow (so i don't become a huge mass of pain) and do more and more of the video till i can get through the whole 1 hour work out. then do that 1 hour everyday. of course i want to do the work out everyday (for however long i can stand it) except for sunday. that is a day of rest... plus i usually work weird hours. Sat might be a bit more flexible too. (family events and such) but even if i don't go through the video i want to make sure i'm still stretching (so stretching or belly dancing video to get first point) . point 2 is to increase my water intake slowly(so i don't get sick) and eventually get the regulated 10 glasses a day( think that's right)
How will you get your 2 points in a day:
1 point doing the excercises and or stretched from a bd video. 2 point increase the amount of water i drink very day by 10 % until i get to my goal and maintain it.

question. does this count as a swap in our swap slots?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:41:19 AM by rosierjay »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »

That's an interesting question! It is kinda like a swap, isn't it... Hrmmmm! I dunno! :biggrin:

My Want List

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »

That's an interesting question! It is kinda like a swap, isn't it... Hrmmmm! I dunno! :biggrin:
yeah. right. well i have two swaps i'm gonna be in that overlap in july. that's why i'm wondering.

also we officially start counting points on july 1st right?
that's cool, giving me time to get into a routine. so better chance at success.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:08:23 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 01:52:47 PM »
madhatterda: You can certainly join and not go for the pony option. You can still do the check in days and show me your points. Just when it comes to mailing out ponies and putting points in order, remind me that you are not participating.

Rules are only for those who want to do this and get a pony out of the deal:) Give a pony to get a pony. So if you want to join and do your own reward system it is perfectly fine:)

No this is not a swap. Sounds just like one, but because people can join and drop out at anytime it really is not a swap. So no swap lots are taken or locked in.

Another Pony started this a while back and the style has changed each time. I am not able to give everyone a pony...so I figured we can reward each other for a job well done. I have a hard time with fitness and accountability so I keep it going on here. I love seeing the joy when people reach a goal or start feeling better about themselves.

Rest days do deserve points as well. One can not do something everyday you might need to take it easy from time to time.

As for some cleaning advice. I do something little each day. Dusting is quick for me so I will do that. When I can chip at the cleaning its not so hard to clean or keep clean!

Sorry so late on my responses! I am very excited to have all of you and yes you start July 1 counting your points. Anyone who starts after July 1 stars counting points on the day the posted their form:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

nikit96

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 02:00:13 PM »
Alright. July 1st. Thanks for responding Crowning. (:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »
I will do my best to pop on everyday. I do loose my home internet at the end of the month so Sundays I will not be on:) Feel free to send PMs too:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Primrose

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »
Wow! This is exciting--so many pony people have signed up already :D

Screen Name: Primrose
Your Goal/s: My goal is to lose weight. I want to fit into my old size 3 pants and a cute summer dress that I wore for my birthday three years ago. I’m shooting for 110.
Whats Your Plan:  Exercise 6 days a week either at the Y or by running 1-3 miles outside. Possibly hill sprints…just so long as it is some form of exercise :) I also need to drink more water, so I’ll be cutting my tea with half and half back to one cup a day.
How will you get your 2 points in a day: One point will come from exercising, and the other will come from drinking only one cup of tea. I will lose a point if I drink pop. If I exercise 6 days in a row, I’ll count the last day as a rest day and get a point, but if I just skip a day, no point.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 04:01:24 AM »
Screen Name: Owlsy

You Goal/s: I want to get in shape! I would really like to gain muscle and lose weight in some problem areas on my body. I would also like to cut soda out from my diet. I have a pretty hefty addiction to colas and dark sodas and it's finally starting to take its toll on my health.

What's Your Plan: To work out for thirty minutes to an hour every day. I recently bought some resistance bands and when we move I will probably pick up some free weights and an exercise ball as well. Right now we just don't have the space for all of it. Also, no soda!

How will you get your 2 points in a day: One point for following my exercise regimen. One point for avoiding sodas at all costs. The latter is a lot harder for me than it sounds. :P

I'm excited! I hope I can keep up with it.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal