collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13559 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2013, 03:27:11 PM »
I am assuming they are clumping the SDCC and fair pony together is to save on cash. No need to make two different runs for two different events.

In my opinion, if they cared about their customers and what they want they should make two different ponies.  People on hasbro have already said they lurk the forums to see what their customers want and how current products are selling and what people think of them.  Not everyone is a brony, hasbro goes in that direction because it seems that bronies are their biggest money-maker at this point.  But, hasbro should keep in mind their collectors too.  The fair ponies were made for collectors and if they are just going to remove the collector aspect and favor the bronies for the fair ponies  and the comic con ponies things might not turn out so good. 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »
Glad I wasn't worried in the first place about getting her. I'd be disappointed if so.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »
Meh... Funko will release the same thing in a sleeker mold for $15.00.  I'll go that route.  I guess I should be relieved.  No stressing out over tracking down the exclusive.

For $50, Hasbro should have done a lot more.  I'm talking a gift set, pony with a unique mold, or pony with a complicated show-accurate outfit (ie, Photo Finish).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:40:57 PM by MoonShadow »

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
I like her a lot, but as an exclusive she's disappointing.

As others have said, we already have a brushable of her, she is easily the most merchandised pony short of Ditzy Doo and the mane six, and we're getting three Funko vinyl figures of her (regular, Pop!, and that cupcake one) this year or early next and no doubt the standard vinyl figure will look exactly like this, minus the crystals and glitter. She's not much of an exclusive. The same thing happened with Ditzy, just in a different order.

It's obvious Hasbro is focusing its collector/adult market sights on the bronies and they love their bg ponies but wow, it'd be nice to have an exclusive that's actually... exclusive? The fun thing about exclusives in the past is that they were limited, there were no mass-produced versions made of them beforehand or later on. I know Vinyl is going to be FS size and have a light-up box and Swarovski crystals and the whole she-bang, but they could have put all that on a pony that we aren't going to see 20 times this year.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2013, 03:58:52 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if she took over Twilight's place as main character... They do need a new non-princess unicorn xD

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
Let me just start off by saying -- there will be collectors that don't like something about every exclusive pony that comes out. Even in past years with the G3 ponies people were complaining about one thing or another. That's just the way it goes.

However... I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm already a collector and I have been for years. I don't need the pony's box to tell me or a figure that's made "just to be a collectable" to me.. every my little pony is a collectable. Not just the exclusives... hope that makes sense. lol

hhmmm I'm not sure. I don't really like ponies who have hair that you can't brush (what's the point if you can't brush and style her hair!?) I like the crystals though those are pretty. But for $50... IDK I will wait and see if she's around for sale. Maybe.

I will say that I really wanted a pony to celebrate the 30th birthday of MLP. I don't feel this one does it at all. Those retro G1 ponies that we got back when G3 was out is all we are gonna get I guess. Sad.

The only way we can get Hasbro to listen to us is to show them with our wallets and not buy her. If they think the only way to make money is to ignore the collectors that have been collecting for 30 years they are mistaken. This is a fad, just like many others and it will pass. And when it does the same collectors who have always been collecting MLP will be around.. and they will be sorry to have lost us.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »

As others have said, we already have a brushable of her, she is easily the most merchandised pony short of Ditzy Doo and the mane six, and we're getting three Funko vinyl figures of her (regular, Pop!, and that cupcake one) this year or early next and no doubt the standard vinyl figure will look exactly like this, minus the crystals and glitter. She's not much of an exclusive. The same thing happened with Ditzy, just in a different order.

It's obvious Hasbro is focusing its collector/adult market sights on the bronies and they love their bg ponies but wow, it'd be nice to have an exclusive that's actually... exclusive? The fun thing about exclusives in the past is that they were limited, there were no mass-produced versions made of them beforehand or later on. I know Vinyl is going to be FS size and have a light-up box and Swarovski crystals and the whole she-bang, but they could have put all that on a pony that we aren't going to see 20 times this year.

Wow I didn't knew there were coming three versions of the funko O-o

I wish they could have released something different and wit hair, a styling  Daring would be cool since I don't think Hasbro is going to release ever a brown pony wit black and grey hair to the stores

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »

Wow I didn't knew there were coming three versions of the funko O-o

I wish they could have released something different and wit hair, a styling  Daring would be cool since I don't think Hasbro is going to release ever a brown pony wit black and grey hair to the stores

Yeah, although to be fair the Pop! and cupcake ones are very stylized.

Here's a preview of the Pop! one:

And the cupcake set will probably look something like these:

But Vinyl has been confirmed for the first wave, along with Ditzy, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy.

I remember reading that Vinyl will be released in one of the upcoming vinyl sets this year, but I can't remember when or where so I'm probably just making that up haha. I know the next confirmed wave is Lyra and Pinkie though, and Vinyl is inevitable either way.

Also, I agree that Daring Do would be cool! Especially if they released her with her outfit so she wouldn't just seem like a recoloured Rainbow Dash (even though that is essentially what she is).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:20:07 PM by Owlsy »

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »
2012: Ditzy
2013: Vinyl Scratch
2014: ...Octavia? Time Turner? Some other big merch pony?

She looks fun. I really wouldn't mind having her in my collection. But I don't think I'll be too sore if I can't get one.

(Just saw another picture of her in the Fair speculation thread from a different angle... That hair is crazy!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2013, 04:27:01 PM »
2012: Ditzy
2013: Vinyl Scratch
2014: ...Octavia? Time Turner? Some other big merch pony?

She looks fun. I really wouldn't mind having her in my collection. But I don't think I'll be too sore if I can't get one.

(Just saw another picture of her in the Fair speculation thread from a different angle... That hair is crazy!)

If next year is not Dr Whooves I shall eat my socks
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2013, 04:34:45 PM »
oops getting threads mixed up /ignore

X-posted in the Fair speculation thread
Spoiler
Ok I've been thinking about this.
Here's what I like:
It's a G4 Fashion Style size pony. I like that they actually gave her eyelashes (unlike the TRU excl. brushable of last year). I like glitter and the way it was done on her legs looks neat. Light up box is a really interesting idea.

But...
this seems like a really odd choice for the yearly exclusive to me, especially on the 30th anniversary of the line. I do like the molded hair figures but I wish, as the SDCC/Fair pony, that she were brushable. The crystals and their placement to me make her look a little tacky. They may bother me less in person but I'll have to wait and see. I really wish her glasses were a separate, removed accessory. I don't necessarily mind that is is DJ Pon-3 as a character but admittedly it's kinda a let down they chose a pony that is already so merchandised. The OCD part of me wanted the exclusive for this year to have a similar style box to last years.

Overall, I would have been a lot more disappointed if it were another gen. pony or an EqG doll but I'm not necessarily head-over-heels over this choice either. I'm going to the fair for the first time this year and will probably keep her for that reason but I'm not sure if I'd seek her if I weren't. Hasbro has just been making so many crazy decisions lately IMO.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:40:41 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
I'm sad  :(  Not at all what I expected...

*Wishes Hasbro would follow Reeves International and make multiple Special ponies for the events the way they do for Breyerfest*

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2013, 04:58:01 PM »
Next year will be an EQ girls doll.   :yucky:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
Also out of curiosity, are people more upset that its a G4 pony, or that its Vinyl in particular?

For me, I'm upset that it's Vinyl/DJ Pony (whatever her name is) I expected it to be a G4 (though I was still hopeful for a G1) I don't like DJ Pony and no offense to those that like her, but she's hideous with those glasses and the rhinestones make it worse. I think Hasbro is trying to cash in because they saw the craze for Drama Pony and knew they could have gotten more money for her, seeing what people would pay for her on ebay. So they made a popular brony character and bumped the price to $50 because they know people will pay for it.
My Wish List

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »
Well I'm not ordering SDCC pony this year
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal