collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13535 times)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
Also out of curiosity, are people more upset that its a G4 pony, or that its Vinyl in particular?

I think because it's all plastic. Funko has already said something along the lines of her being released down the road so I am unsure why Hasbro went this road. You can buy a funko version without the glitter and glued on gems for less then $20.00 at hot topic.
This. If someone showed me this pony without telling me anything about it I would've said "Oh wow, Funko went all out for SDCC!" Nothing about it says "Hasbro" and everything about it says "cheap." I like it and even I wouldn't pay $50 for this. 30 maybe but 50 is lunacy.

For me, it's half disappointment at the cheapness and half confusion at their choice. Considering they're gonna be pushing Equestria Girls at SDCC a Fashion Style Sunset Shimmer would be a lot prettier and make a lot more sense for the direction of the toy line.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
Also out of curiosity, are people more upset that its a G4 pony, or that its Vinyl in particular?

I personally don't care that it's a G4.  I'm upset it's a Vinyl.  I'm glad I'm not going to the fair this year, because then I don't have to worry about it but if this is the future for MLP Fair figures I worry now.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »

I really liked last years pony so it isn't about the generation for me.  It is just that she is vinyl and that it is DJ who we already have in several different figures.  I was hoping for a new pony with real hair.  Or at least a new pony if it had to be vinyl. 

Post Merge: June 05, 2013, 02:24:49 PM

Agreed- but I mean, since a mini Drama Pony is being released in the fan favorites, would you say she is no longer an exclusive either?

I do think it takes a little away from last years exclusive. 

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2013, 02:25:08 PM »

I really liked last years pony so it isn't about the generation for me.  It is just that she is vinyl and that it is DJ who we already have in several different figures.  I was hoping for a new pony with real hair.  Or at least a new pony if it had to be vinyl. 

Eyup, seconded!

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
i mus get her!!!!!!! <3 :P  one of my favorite characters

Post Merge: June 05, 2013, 02:28:17 PM

oh wait 50 bucks and i already know funko is releasing her! nvm :( haha i can glitter and jewel my own funko one lol
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:28:17 PM by babylicketysplit »
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »
I actually really want her  :lol: I'm a sucker for shiny things, and I think the crystals really suit her.

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
I'm not interested. I'll pass on this pony gal.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »
ughh not a fan, not a fan at all

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
Ugh why do ponies who appear only 2 seconds get way more merch then Zecora/the CMC etc? Vinyl is over rated and I rather spend my money on some older exclusives.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2013, 02:39:25 PM »
Because it's Vinyl Scratch/ DJ Pon-3, especially considering we know that Funko is going to be releasing a figure of her in the near-ish future for a much lower price. So, to me at least, it's like "Exclusive or not, why shell out $50 for this one when Funko's version will be $30+ cheaper and generally will (quite likely) look the same (minus the crystals and glitter)?" ^^;
On another MLP site, some bronies are already mentioning that they'll just wait for the Funko one to be released instead of going for the SDCC Vinyl Scratch.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
the non-brushable hair kills it for me.
I don't mind the bling, especially since my Fair/Con ponies stay MIB, but there's nothing really special about this design. It's certainly NOT worth $50

if it's the Fair pony too, there's a good chance I will be selling or trading mine....but it sounds like many others will as well...leading to her price dropping  :mad:
I prefer the black and white pinkie pie, and given the choice between the two I REALLY hope Pinkie is the Fair pony....and I was hoping the Fair would have been something more special than her.

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »
I'm not sure if Summer or anyone else actually knows-

but WHY is the Fair and SDCC pony the same now?  It seems like most Pony Fair attendees are old school collectors that want an art pony- correct?  Would it really be so hard to let the Fair keep it's tradition of making a new art pony?  Just doesn't seem like that would be too such a big deal.  I really am baffled.

As for the SDCC pick itself-  I like G4s but the DJ Pony is a little boring now- was hoping for something more unusual since we will already get DJ Pony from Funko.

That said- I still want her.

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »
I hope hope HOPE that since Vinyl is the SDCC pony the other prototypes that have been turning up on ebay (Wysteria, black tie PP) will be widely available, or a fair release, though the latter looks unlikely as others have said. Vinyl Scratch is cool, but she's just not my style.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »
I am assuming they are clumping the SDCC and fair pony together is to save on cash. No need to make two different runs for two different events.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »
I have a hypothesis, which is just that but...

Prior to last year, the fair had to buy x amount of ponies, which they helped design themselves.  They were then sold by the fair, not hasbro.

I think there were always left overs, and maybe Summer didn't want to be left with ponies, so she first tried dropping the number she purchased, and then did a deal with hasbro where they sold the exclusives, which wouldn't be practical unless they sold the same exclusive as they sold at comic con.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal