collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13545 times)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »
I suspect a larger quantity on ebay this year going by most of the comments :/

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »
Well, crap.  I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I shelled out for the most expensive Fair ticket package if this is what the pony is.  /sarcasm

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:48 PM »
Let's face it, we already know that Hasbro favors the brony's now and pretty much pushes aside collectors at this point.  This makes me sad.  I want a fair pony exclusive when I go to the RI fairs, because it's a cool souvenir like getting a t-shirt but in pony form.  I don't think they would charge $50 for a standard G3 mold type pony or even a G4 type mold.  Unless the pony was made of platinum or had diamonds on it or something.  That's more of a joke really though.

Even though I like this figure, I will say that it is sad that Hasbro refocused their efforts :( maybe though its because they know who is primarily buying their G4 line? I know some older gen collectors also collect G4, but probably not as many as the population of those who collect G4 from the new show fan base (sorry, I just hesitate to use the word brony since I am not affiliated with that group but do almost exclusively collect G4).

It's sad, but hey, maybe we will see some shoutout with Minty and Wysteria in the works!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2013, 02:04:37 PM »
Well, crap.  I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I shelled out for the most expensive Fair ticket package if this is what the pony is.  /sarcasm

My sentiments exactly. :/

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »
Also out of curiosity, are people more upset that its a G4 pony, or that its Vinyl in particular?

Offline Spinky69er

• Staff
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »
I personally have accepted it will be a g4 from now on but (a) I expected FS brushable and (b) something totally new.  Vinyl is old news not an exclusive by any means.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2013, 02:11:01 PM »
awh... not a brushable?  FS Vinyl would have been awesome.   I don't think it counts if you can't brush it's hair.. i mean what's the point?

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »
I personally have accepted it will be a g4 from now on but (a) I expected FS brushable and (b) something totally new.  Vinyl is old news not an exclusive by any means.

Agreed- but I mean, since a mini :muffin: Pony is being released in the fan favorites, would you say she is no longer an exclusive either?

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »
For me personally, I am disappointed that it is Vinyl Scratch. I am not surprised though as the bronies LOVE her, but she was never featured in the show and we've seen her only a few times in 3 seasons. She has had no speaking lines or done anything other than shown DJing for mere seconds twice and seen in the audience once during the "What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me" sequence in the season 3 finale.

I would have preferred a boy like Big Mac or a character that actually has a part in the series and isn't a background pony that has less than a minute of show time in 3 seasons. Heck, if it were Rarity decked out in crystals, that would be even better as that suits the character and she is a main character.

I was expecting more, but I had a huge feeling it was going to be her due to her popularity with bronies. Just like Bubblecup/Drama Pony.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
Also out of curiosity, are people more upset that its a G4 pony, or that its Vinyl in particular?

I think because it's all plastic. Funko has already said something along the lines of her being released down the road so I am unsure why Hasbro went this road. You can buy a funko version without the glitter and glued on gems for less then $20.00 at hot topic.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »

Agreed- but I mean, since a mini Drama Pony is being released in the fan favorites, would you say she is no longer an exclusive either?

yeah that is how I feel.  If it's an exclusive, it should be an exclusive.  Not just a rejig of something already out.  Maybe if it was a redo of an old character (the way they do with transformers or GI Joe) I'd be ok, but seriously, vinyl is everywhere.  She isn't special.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2013, 02:16:47 PM »
Light up? Lack of brushable hair makes me sad, but It prevents bronies from being picky and cutting it anyway, so whatevs. I want one, but if I end up missing one, I won't be too upset.

^This^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Spinky69er

• Staff
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2013, 02:17:19 PM »

Agreed- but I mean, since a mini Drama Pony is being released in the fan favorites, would you say she is no longer an exclusive either?

yeah that is how I feel.  If it's an exclusive, it should be an exclusive.  Not just a rejig of something already out.  Maybe if it was a redo of an old character (the way they do with transformers or GI Joe) I'd be ok, but seriously, vinyl is everywhere.  She isn't special.

Summed up perfectly!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »
G4 is the current generation, so anything else wouldn't have made any sense. But it's Vinyl, who isn't a main cast member by any stretch of the imagination, and it's a pretty dull design overall, and there'll be another release of her soon enough which will likely look much better for only about $16.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »
You know what? Vinyl is my favorite of the 'background ponies' as they are called, and I still think this exclusive is lousy! The non-brushable hair is cheap and doesn't honor the history of MLP, and removes one of the ways we as collectors interact with these toys. And it further divides the vocal G4 fanbase collectors from those of us who have been collecting since previous gens, because the former is the group that has often complained about the brushable hair in the past.

Not only the hair or the character choice, but man this is one ugly exclusive! This pony looks just like one of the Funko ones but with crystals and glitter slapped on. It reminds me of the people who glue rhinestones all over a pony and try to sell her on ebay as art. o_0

Hasbro, why not make her actually look like how she appears in the show? She's not covered in glitter and crystals, that's for sure! The crystals are quite obviously a gimic to justify the $50 pricetag. Also I love the "this is not for children" line on the box. Trying to make us think it's an adult toy and thus worth the price?

You know if she had looked different, I would definitely try to get one, since she's one of my fave character designs, but I guess I'm just going to wait for the Funko at this point. Oh well, $50 in my wallet, where it's going to stay...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal