collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13605 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2013, 05:05:21 PM »
Also out of curiosity, are people more upset that its a G4 pony, or that its Vinyl in particular?

For me, I'm upset that it's Vinyl/DJ Pony (whatever her name is) I expected it to be a G4 (though I was still hopeful for a G1) I don't like DJ Pony and no offense to those that like her, but she's hideous with those glasses and the rhinestones make it worse. I think Hasbro is trying to cash in because they saw the craze for Drama Pony and knew they could have gotten more money for her, seeing what people would pay for her on ebay. So they made a popular brony character and bumped the price to $50 because they know people will pay for it.

I think that's sad, but true.  On the upside, there will probably be way more inventory made of her than usual for those that actually want her.  I don't think she is going to be particularly popular given the Funko release of the same dang pony.

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
*looks at the comic con exclusives reveal*

I'm more excited for the Jem doll and the G.I. Joe/Transformers things, and I don't even collect those! Looks like I'll be buying those instead this year, and wait for a less expensive, less tacky version of the Funko pony to come out to my local Hot Topic. If I even bother, I don't really collect Funko ponies and don't have much enthusiasm for them.

Hasbro has been making it surprisingly easy for me to not spend money on new ponies.

will2Bfree

« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2013, 05:09:54 PM »
I like her. The crystals on her horn are nice, but I'm not a fan of them on her glasses... it makes her eyes look insectoid. In my opinion, it would've looked better just to have them on the frames and not the lenses. It'd be neat if the glasses were removable, but I assume they're not or we'd have seen a picture with them off to showcase that.

Being in the FS mold, I wonder if her body will be like the older ones or the newer, thinner ones. They did a nice job on her mane and tail; I've always liked her design. The head looks to be on very snuggly, like they might have glued it, but it seems like the hair is carefully arranged enough that they might have been able to keep it turnable. Hmm...

It'll be interesting to compare it to the Funko one once they're both released. I know the FS are a little bit larger and I do like their mold better, but I can't drop $50 on a pony. How much did last year's cost, I can't remember? This one is a lot more elaborate. I prefer molded hair, but I do find it strange that they opted for it in this case, since there's another molded hair version in the works. Perhaps the left hand not knowing what the right is doing?

I was going to comment on all the negativity in this thread, but my post was at least twice as long and I've been trying to make an effort to shorten them. *Restraint >_< *

SeaStar777

« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »
Oh.... sad day.....  :(

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2013, 05:13:30 PM »
Well, I guess the good part is I will be saving $50. Also, I won't have to spend several days on Hasbro's site, refreshing the page every 5 seconds like I did last year. I don't understand why they'd make Vinyl Scratch with Swarovski crystals (besides to make her more expensive) because I really don't think it suits her. Rarity would have made more sense to be decked out in crystals and glitter. I would have loved a normal brushable FS Minty, though.

I guess the good part about this (besides the fact I'm saving myself $50) is that since this rules out Minty, glittery Wysteria & Pinkie and the FS Pinkie Pie with the black & white balloons and the black stripe in her hair, there's a good chance they'll be normal retail releases, which will make them easier for everyone to get. At least I hope so.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2013, 05:16:46 PM »
makes me kinda glad i'm not going to the fair :lol: but on a serious note, so many here have said they don't want it, and someone mentioned another site where many also said they were not wanting it. just makes me wonder what will happen next year if this year's pony doesn't sell...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2013, 05:18:06 PM »

I'm more excited for the Jem doll and the G.I. Joe/Transformers things, and I don't even collect those! Looks like I'll be buying those instead this year, and wait for a less expensive, less tacky version of the Funko pony to come out to my local Hot Topic. If I even bother, I don't really collect Funko ponies and don't have much enthusiasm for them.

Hasbro has been making it surprisingly easy for me to not spend money on new ponies.

I and every other Jem fan that can't get to Comic Con are actually CRUSHED at the Jem reveal.  But I won't hijack the topic I guess.  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,332948.0.html

It just makes me glad that the pony is nothing special.  I do want it, but if I don't get it for an extremely reasonable price- who the heck cares?  Jem on the other hand...  my heart is breaking already.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »

I and every other Jem fan that can't get to Comic Con are actually CRUSHED at the Jem reveal.  But I won't hijack the topic I guess.  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,332948.0.html

The Jem release is awesome - she is much much more interesting and I need!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »

It just makes me glad that the pony is nothing special.  I do want it, but if I don't get it for an extremely reasonable price- who the heck cares?  Jem on the other hand...  my heart is breaking already.

I would rather have the Jem doll, she's beautiful and I would absolutely pay $50 for her! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline sleepyowl

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much... but I didn't think it'd be this lousy either. It just looks like a Funko pony with crystals glued on. I hate the molded hair. I wasn't going to get any exclusive ponies anyway, but I thought I'd be kinda bummed about missing out... but now I'm definitely not bummed about missing this.

Like, it only makes sense for it to be a G4. And I was expecting them to cater more to bronies... I just... I don't know with this. I guess I don't think it's that special or exclusive looking.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »

I would rather have the Jem doll, she's beautiful and I would absolutely pay $50 for her! XD

Too bad she's $125

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
A curious piece for their anniversary celebration, for sure!

She does look neat, but I'm not chomping at the bit for this one like I was for last year's.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »

Too bad she's $125

*sigh* I figured she'd be pricey. Looks like I won't be getting her :(
My Wish List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2013, 05:35:13 PM »

Too bad she's $125

No- she's $140.  But she comes with two costumes and the head for Jerrica, and she is truly stunning.  But there is almost no chance of getting her.  The Hollywood Jem doll last year was $400-$600 immediately after the Con unless you somehow were lucky enough to get one at SDCC during the first few minutes they were there before getting scooped up by scalpers.  :cry:  They are still going for that price.  Preorders for GnG Jem are already $300 or over, so I don't have much hope of getting her.  THAT breaks my heart.  WHo cares about missing out on the stupid DJ pony, I'm sure there will be a million of those leftover they are so dull.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:37:53 PM by Galactica »

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
Will Jem be available on Hasbro's website after the con? I think the article mentioned something about DJ being available. I can't remember if they put Jem up there last year.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal