collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cat horror stories? I need to hear em!  (Read 4945 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Cat horror stories? I need to hear em!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »
This isn't really a horror story, but I swear I offended a cat once. I was at the hairdresser's house/shop, and was petting her cat. He wandered away and started licking himself. I say, "Yeah, your fur did feel a little greasy." I swear, he turns his head and glares at me, then immediately leaves the room. I felt so shocked and embarrassed!  :blush:  I'd never have said it if I'd known he understood English!  :lol:

Ha ha, I once heard a similar story from my friend Karen.  She was visiting her friend Darlene.  Darlene had a black cat (can't remember his name; I'll call him Smokey here).  Karen was petting Smokey and teasingly said in a haughty voice, "I was petting a beautiful *white* cat yesterday."  Smokey stopped, drew himself up to his full height, glared at her, and walked out of the room.  The jaws on both girls dropped open for a minute before they started laughing.  "You just insulted my cat!" Darlene said.  Karen defended herself:  "Well, I didn't think he'd actually understand me!  I was just joking!"

So yeah, animals get the gist of what you're saying.  I truly believe that.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

jeapos88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 05:11:28 AM »
[quote author=justkitter link=topic=332719.msg806439#msg806439 date=13702261

I'm sorta concerned about her getting along with my dolls (yes, I'm insane -_-)  I don't want to wake up to a pile of chewed on dolls :crazy:

Anyone have a cat that is as addicted to your collection as you are? ;)
[/quote]

Mine do try to chew on the hands of my dolls, so I have to keep them put up where they can't get to them. One of my cats LOVES mlp, I have a huge box for customizing and if.I dump them out where he can see he wallers all over them and loves them with his face especially the orange hahahaha

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 05:14:16 AM »
My dozeybutt youngest cat ate a hairband the other day. Waiting for him to pewp it out, as he doesn't seem to be suffering for it. He was trying to scentmark my money with his face the other day too. Silly kitty, you have no pockets.

My eldest of the current horde Candy (I have 3, it counts as a horde) was shouting her head off at me at the sanctuary. Stopped, gave her fuss, looked at other kitties, still being shouted at. Went back, took her home. (My previous cat that had passed two weeks before this also came from there, and the lady remembered despite it being a few years back)
Candy is also known as moobag, smelly, and noisy.

Martin came from the sanctuary as well. He was a problem cat. He was collected supposedly as a stray, but it turned out he actually belonged to the people who'd made the call. He started inappropriatly urinating in bowls and things in his pen, which meant people didn't want him because there was no medical reason for him to do it, it was just him being annoyed. He got moved in with the elderly cats, who were less than impressed as he was 4 at the time. I was helping out up there and had heard of Martin but never seen him. Went in the big pen, called him, out of a hutch appeared this great big white/tabby maine coon mix who started purring his head off. Home he came! He only wees in things now when very annoyed. Sometimes he does them straight down the bath plug for no apparent reason other than he can. He's smart too. Laser pointer, he looks at my hand. Deaf friend visiting, he doesn't bother shouting at him for laptime, he paws.

Pickle is the only one I've had since a kitten. Went to see the litter (Mummycat wasn't too good at it, she wanted to be out, rather than looking after the babies) and he kept sitting under my long skirt. He's nearly 4 now, shares my birthday too. I usually call him Nonsense. Have only ever heard him meow properly once. It's more of a squeak :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:24:40 AM by Yuitsu »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 06:58:49 AM »
Oh my kitties are never monsters, they are the sweetest little things ever. ... Okay, want a real horror story? Belle is a nightime terror.

Last night, I've fallen asleep watching a show. I wake up to get something to eat, hear a faint jingle. My cat Belle wears a collar, the others don't. I hear Belle's bell jingle again. I can't see her. I look in the dressers, under the bed, in the closet. No kitty. The bell jingles again. Now I'm worried because Belle always comes out when she hears us walking around in case there might be food - because she's a piggy thing. Finally I go get a can of cat food and stand in the bedroom and open it up. WHERE IS BELLE?  She is SQUISHED under the dresser in a small space that a hardback book can't even fit through. She has a great habit of sliding her body into drawers (and can open them!) and I frequently have to remove the drawers to retrieve her.

She then spend the rest of the night alternating between..

- biting my feet
- scratching the door I kicked her out of the bedroom
- jumping around hitting the blinds above my bed
- trying to open more drawers

I got very little sleep. She is a pain in the rear. But I love her.  She came to us as a "I have to save my coworker from giving this kitten to the shelter" cat. I took her in after we lost our sixteen year old cat. Never a dull day!

My cats also revenge pee. One got mad something was on "her" chair so she peed on the rug. Sigh.

And despite this all..we love them.  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:03:26 AM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
Oh cats can definitely be a handful. My Mr. Sam in particular has a slew of bad habits and can be very crotchety at times.

Some of these things include:
-Fighting with his sister to the point that I have to break it up
-destroying everything in their path because of aforementioned squabbling
-Sam tips over water glasses. and food bowls. and plants. and vases. and anything on table. >_>
-they both wake me up at 4 am every morning to get fed
-numerous scars and destroyed furniture
-they trip and trip me on a constant basis
-they both try and eat G3 ponies. Only G3 lol
-you can't have anything nice ever agin :|

All that said, both of them are the best thing that's ever happened to me in my entire life and nothing in this world could make me give them up.  ^.^ They are the two single most wonderful creatures in the whole world, and my life is made so much better by their presence every day.

I say go for it  ;)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »
My idiot cat (one of them, anyway) picked a fight with the neighbor's massive cat on Saturday.  One trip to the emergency vet, 10 days of antibiotics, one pain shot, and $200 later, he's back to himself and just cannot see why he can't go outside anymore. 

Oh, and cats only barf when and where it's inconvenient for you.  Just as you're falling asleep, you hear one of those little jerks puking and you just know it's on carpet.  One of my cats once barfed spectacularly in front of company.  We were eating dinner, he jumped up on the table because it seemed like a Fun Thing To Do, spooked himself, and barfed right next to my MIL's plate. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
I have many cat horror stories-  but mostly my cats are funny awesome friends and companions- when they aren't destroying the house.

I seriously think the one consideration you should keep in mind- is that cats can be EXPENSIVE.  It is cheap to adopt a cat and feed a cat-  but vet bills are expensive!   So seriously start saving now - because inevitably, SOMETHING will happen that will be expensive.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 10:20:37 AM »
hairballs. sorry not much help, I have two cats and ones a scardy cat and the other is a yapper never shuts up!!
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
I have 2 rescue Bengal cats.  They are amazing cats, but they both have their own attitude problems. My girl hates most people. She is very aggressive with anyone who doesn't live in our house, and although she's mostly talk (growling), if she doesn't like you she will gladly attack you out of nowhere. She would never growl or attack me though. I think she's just trying to protect me. She is extremely clingy.
My boy is REALLY obnoxiously loud. He wakes me up about 5 times a night by vaulting onto the bed, gallloping across me and bellowing into my ear. He has no other reason to do this other than to scare the absolute crap out of me.

I love them both to shreds though. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 11:01:39 AM »
I have many cat horror stories-  but mostly my cats are funny awesome friends and companions- when they aren't destroying the house.

I seriously think the one consideration you should keep in mind- is that cats can be EXPENSIVE.  It is cheap to adopt a cat and feed a cat-  but vet bills are expensive!   So seriously start saving now - because inevitably, SOMETHING will happen that will be expensive.

Great point. We took on Belle and it was $100 something shots and checkup and tests (Feline leukemia, etc) then her spaying costs even more.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 11:11:01 AM »
Growing up we had a cat that hated me. I had to walk out of rooms backwards to stop him coming after me. One day he was snoozing under my bed. I reached under and patted him. Huge mistake!!! 20 years later I still have the scars on my arm from where he went ballistic on me. My current biatch is just that. Fat, lazy, snoozes all day. Hates being in her carrier, and lets me know this by pooping in it. Just awesome on a long journey :lol: it is not easy to drive with your head out the window!!! But she is lovely, and very special to me. As a kitten she used to drape herself around my neck. Now, I don't think she could drape around anything - that would mean moving!!
Try putting Cat Nip in the kennel with her, It helps my cats and they stopped pooping in the kennel on the way to vet & other places.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Cats are great  :biggrin: my Dad has two cats, I call them the ginger ninjas and we have one brown tabby called Gizmo who is a cuddly dwarf lol he is quite small for a cat and hasn't grown an awful lots since he was a baby. We did have two but Marlow discovered the art of jumping on door handles to open them and nearly murdered my ratties. Now he lives with a nice volunteer police lady and her husband.

Look around a bit and see if you can find a cat that suits you. Gizmo is a lazy cat so he's not hard work and goes out at night but loves cuddles during the day  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »
Our only cat horror story is whatever tired to get our cat bo, all I can say is that he had puncture marks on the head, a back food pad that was nearly ripped in half. The toe wound up being amputated, a huge abscess on the tail that nearly cost him his tail. I am wondering if a great horned owl got him and he somehow fought his way free and did not come home for 3 days. In the end he is still with us and still kept his sweet nature though now he gets night terrors now and then, that causes him to meow and wander the house for hours. No amount on comfort will stop him and eventually he goes back to sleep.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »
Geez... uhm...  this is a real "horror" story... we had a cat named Pebbles. She had kittens. I woke up and checked on them the following morning and she had strewn kitten parts across the bedroom where we were keeping them. I had to clean it all up and one of the kittens was still alive so I had to finish the job the mother started. Not a happy memory.

After that she just went bonkers and would viciously attack anyone that came near. Like, not just a growl or a nip, but a try and rip your flesh from your bones attack. We tried to figure out what went wrong but even the vet didn't know. We had to put her down cause she just lost her kitty mind and dad refused to have a vicious animal in the house...

...so that's my horror story. To this day we dunno why it happened. Her first litter two years prior went smooth and all those kittens were gorgeous and super friendly.

We still own her son Garfield and he's the most laid back, easy going tabby you'd ever meet.  He's figured out if he stands on the roof of the van, he can see right through the parents bedroom window, where he screams at them until they go and open the bottom door to let him in, nevermind he has his own cat door on the deck with his own private set of kitty stairs. Yes, he's lazy! XD

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 07:00:53 PM »
Holy cow, Tilas! :shocked:  I think you win!

This is gonna sound really dumb, but I hadn't thought about alot of these basic things :blush:  It's been a decade since I've had a cat.  My parents never really took very good care of their animals:(  Not that they were neglected or anything, but they rarely saw a vet, and never got baths.  I've never owned a sick animal, and I've never had any pet emergencies.

This cat seems really healthy, except for her being very overweight :lol:  That may help me in the long run.  I hope with the extra weight comes a whole bunch of laziness:)  I'm hoping that will keep her away from the dolls!  My dolls are currently on floor to ceiling bookcases, in the dining room :lookround:  I don't think I could protect them from her :cry:

Does frequent brushing help keep hairballs/vomit from happening?  My long haired cat from childhood (who never got brushed -_-) rarely had that problem..... Is it the luck of the draw?

Thanks so much for all the stories, everyone!  It's giving me alot to think about.  I really want to be prepared for this life changing thing.  I'm sure Maxine (that's her name.  I think I'll call her Maxi.) will be very grateful too:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal