collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shenanigans Birthday Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 1!  (Read 7486 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Shenanigans Birthday Contest! Win a Prize!
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »
I think I'll enter, too :) I have been bitten by a drawing bug lately and this is such a fun contest, how could I say no to this? ;)

That's exactly why I'm entering.  I honestly don't even care about winning a prize.  That part is secondary compared to the sheer joy of getting a chance to draw something so fun. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2013, 05:05:33 AM »
Here are my entries:

1. Fairy Tales

3. Girly

I had fun making them, I hope you like them! Happy Birthday hun :lovey:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2013, 05:30:16 AM »
Uninu, I love your Fairy Tale entry!  I especially like the wolf's sneaky wink.
 :devious:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2013, 06:49:24 AM »
Just whoa...!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:52:16 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2013, 06:53:31 AM »
This is very sweet of you :) What a lovely idea!

I am absolutely tragic at drawing though, good luck everyone!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2013, 06:56:42 AM »
Ooh, I love the wolf pony! Great job on those!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2013, 06:58:44 AM »
Okay, this has to be said.

As much as I wanted to enter and as much I wanted that Gypsy, I feel like my entering has discouraged people. I don't want to sound haughty or anything, but I know I'm a fairly decent artist and I'm lucky to have a program I'm comfy with. I just do not want anyone to be dissuaded from entering.

I see everyone trying to be such a good sport about this. You guys are so sweet and amazing. So I decided I want to withdraw from the contest and leave my picture here as a gift to Shenanigans with all of my love <3 I'm lucky to have the time I do, and the ponies I already have. This may be someones only chance to get a Gypsy or BlueBerryBaskets. I'd like to leave this contest and give others a better chance of getting what they want, and in the process, give Shenani-bum more love <3

:) You guys are so classy! I'm so proud to share the arena with you

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2013, 07:00:57 AM »
WHAT? KTT you can't withdraw!! It doesn't matter what you use!! You deserve a chance as much as everyone else! :cry: Yes, your work is amazing, but that shouldn't put anyone off, it made me nervous, but I'm still entering for the fun! Don't leave KTT! :cry:

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »
WHAT? KTT you can't withdraw!! It doesn't matter what you use!! You deserve a chance as much as everyone else! :cry: Yes, your work is amazing, but that shouldn't put anyone off, it made me nervous, but I'm still entering for the fun! Don't leave KTT! :cry:

Hey, I have no regrets :) It's my choice and I really just want people not to nervous, intimidated, or discouraged! To me, that is not what art is about, and contests inevitably lead to comparisons. Besides, I'm not leaving the thread, I'm just withdrawing my entry ^^

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2013, 07:43:23 AM »
If you're sure... :( It's still sad. I hope you don't feel that a lack of sportsmanship makes it troublesome for you to remain in the contest. You have a great big heart, KTT.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2013, 08:02:23 AM »
I think I'll enter, too :) I have been bitten by a drawing bug lately and this is such a fun contest, how could I say no to this? ;)

That's exactly why I'm entering.  I honestly don't even care about winning a prize.  That part is secondary compared to the sheer joy of getting a chance to draw something so fun. :)

Same here!  I don't expect to win anything, but wanted to show my appreciation for the time Shenanigans took creating two lovely Adoptables for me.  :biggrin:

Sorry to see you have withdrawn your entry KTT, one of the nicest pieces of pony art I've seen.  :iconclap:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:11:05 AM by Clarabel Sapphire »

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2013, 08:17:44 AM »

As much as I wanted to enter and as much I wanted that Gypsy, I feel like my entering has discouraged people. I don't want to sound haughty or anything, but I know I'm a fairly decent artist and I'm lucky to have a program I'm comfy with. I just do not want anyone to be dissuaded from entering.

I see everyone trying to be such a good sport about this. You guys are so sweet and amazing. So I decided I want to withdraw from the contest and leave my picture here as a gift to Shenanigans with all of my love <3 I'm lucky to have the time I do, and the ponies I already have. This may be someones only chance to get a Gypsy or BlueBerryBaskets. I'd like to leave this contest and give others a better chance of getting what they want, and in the process, give Shenani-bum more love <3

I'm with reanna-mator and Icecrystalline.  While it's true that your artwork is amazing and could potentially deter people from entering, that's not what this contest is about.  Besides, everyone has different tastes.  Just because something is technically fantastic doesn't mean it's a sure-fire winner.  Think about singers like Celine Dion, Adele, Mariah Carey, and Whitney Houston.  Their voices are incredible and it could be easy for other singers to think, "Why should I bother when I could never be as good as them?"  While it's true they have rare and exceptional talent, people enjoy variety and simplicity sometimes, too.  It reminds me of the quote, "The forest would be an awfully quiet place if no birds sang except those who sang best."

I also think of the scene from My Best Friend's Wedding, with the crème brûlée vs. Jell-O debate.  :P

My point is, please don't withdraw your entry from Shen's contest.  I love all of the entries so far, and I love the fact that they are all so different.  That's the whole reason for the contest, to receive a variety of artwork and see what inspires each person to enter.  As for me, I am definitely still submitting a drawing. :)

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »
:drama:   

I think it is impossible for you to withdraw. Well, not really, but I don't think you should.  If you win you win fair and square!  Plus there are multiple categories and you never know what will strike Shen's fancy. 

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »

Oh KTT, no, don't withdraw!!! It is not about winning! I love your work! I was just being sarcastic earlier, I was still planning on entering and was not discouraged. I was just saying that your work is so pristine vs what I draw..do not back out!!
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:32 AM »
:grouphug:

Guys, its okay. I'm sure <3 You guys go and enter and do your best, I love you all and all of your work so incredibly much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal