collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY prototypes?)  (Read 12253 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY FAKE)
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2013, 08:27:54 PM »
Alright everyone you can breathe out slowly now and let the rage subside  :P

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2013, 08:47:50 PM »
Update from Equestria Daily: "We have been told that these are actually prototypes.  The real models have new faces, axed wings and ears, and different outfits."

Thanks for the additional info! I feel like it's not really of any comfort at all. :( I love Rarity lots, but not this much. These dolls just look bad.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
ICK!

They look like Monster High fakies and bad ones at that. No articulation? Half-a**ed face ups? Are you kidding me??
  totally :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »
Women of the world, you have your assignment--to the plastic surgeons! :D
Already saving up money for the Valeria Lukyanova surgery special. :P

Update from Equestria Daily: "We have been told that these are actually prototypes.  The real models have new faces, axed wings and ears, and different outfits."
Do they have a source that proves it?? Unless there's a source cited, I am very doubtful that it's true. >,<; Either way, hopefully the real ones will look a WHOLE Lot better than these.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
I'm not a doll person anyway, but...
The idea definitely has the potential to be cute, but the execution is lacking.
They're just identical colorful stick-girls with Megaman feet to me. Nothing strikes them as ponies other than color and their clothing print. If I didn't know they were MLP I'd think they were themed after fairies or candy.
And THEIR FACES ARE THE SAME! Their eyes are identical in the art and trailer so I don't expect that to change, but that is just lazy character design, why couldn't they have kept their old eyes?

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
Speaking of nightmares...

Yea, night'mares'.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:12 PM »

Do they have a source that proves it?? Unless there's a source cited, I am very doubtful that it's true. >,<; Either way, hopefully the real ones will look a WHOLE Lot better than these.

I hope you speak Russian! I also think Lauren Faust or someone said they are prototypes, not exactly sure. http://lillu.ru/product/kukla-my-little-pony-equestria-girls-devochki-ekvestrii-raduga-desh-eppldzhek-pinki-paj-i-td/%5C

popyduggan

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »
Seeing how cheap these look, does anyone have a guess what they'll cost?

I'd say $12.99 because there isn't much articulation but cloth bits on toys cost more to produce lately. This is of course assuming these are Monster High scale and not 6" or 3" tall.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2013, 11:13:23 PM »
Does anyone else think the reason we didn't get MLP Happy Meal toys earlier this year is because they're waiting to do Equestria Girls toys instead? I really hope not. But since a lot of their Happy Meal toys coincide with a movie release (be it theatrical or DVD release) it's certainly possible.

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2013, 12:13:01 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think those are fakies.
I think the dolls will be more or less like those.

The dolls have no tails, it is a lock of hair longer than the rest of the hair, like the cartoon. The wings are really odd.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2013, 12:34:36 AM »
this is very bizarre and i can't believe i am saying this as i was so against the whole idea of those EQ girls but i really like them, am i the only one or two our there? they have nice faces and i would be happy to get hold of them even though i was never into dolls even as a kid. i would buy them for my daughter 

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2013, 12:54:58 AM »
thats weird for my opinion..
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »
It is a weird idea to take all the individuality and unique properties out of my little pony and turn it into an ordinary doll line.

If you want pony dolls, why not make them look like full anthro ponies? That would make them fun for people who collect dolls and not alienate the actual pony collectors.

They could still have their wings, tails and pony faces with nice long manes for styling- and be able to share clothes with Monster High, barbie, jem...

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2013, 01:53:06 AM »
It wouldnt be the first time Hasbro have tried to put people off the scent using sites like EQD - after all they pretty much denied everything to do with EQG [from the voice talent to the creators] until it got an official press confirmation and then all of a sudden the script had been finalised for over 12 months?! Companies will fudge the truth as much as they need to for a big launch - such information is very protected - and I have no issue with them doing so. However, unless someone can quote a name and what he/she does at Hasbro, I ll take it with a pinch of salt - even a fan run "news" site should be able to quote a source - I mean this isn't Watergate. 

In fact the very fact someone has supposedly taken the time to confirm/deny these is enough for me to show that they are real. Also all they mention changing is removing ears/wings and altering the clothes. So I guess if we are to believe this source it is the same fundamental doll then with some clothes changes.

We have also already seen that there will be "doll + pony" packs, so I will agree with what others have said here and the original speculation at the time that these dolls will be more in size line with Blythe and therefore thats why they are lacking a little in articulation and general finish.

All in...I think I ll wait to see one in person before I judge but at the moment I will admit to perhaps being a touch disappointed by the finish.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2013, 02:12:05 AM »
I'm going to copy paste my comment from Equestria Daily.

Disgustingly anorexic looking (Hasbro,why are you promoting this?) not to mention cheap. Their legs look like they are about to snap...
Poor Rarity and Applejack look the worst out of the lot. Do they really think the target audience will want these? Most of their parents will stick to buying ponies as its a well known brand,plus the toys are good quality (even if they aren't completely show accurate,they are sturdy) They aren't going to want to buy their children these terrifying 'pony-human' combo. A bad idea,Hasbro.

I do now realise that these are prototypes,but I'm not expecting any better. (No offence meant if you do like these dolls,this is just my opinion.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal