collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best/Worst  (Read 896 times)

autojoy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Best/Worst
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 02:24:31 AM »
Ahhh these are incredible stories! I hope I can add to this one day, haha! It's my dream to find any pony at a charity shop or market :blush: I have *never* in my life seen a pony from any generation at a charity shop. I've lived in a variety of places over the south of england. Charity shopping was something I did frequently, and I never seen nothin'! I've volunteered at a Cancer Research for like two years... and never! Not a hair!! :cry: (Though once someone bought in a working SNES, that was pretty cool.......)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 02:26:37 AM »
Best? Probably an almost-straight-off-the-card Mimic, from a childhood collection, at a BRONY convention of all things! (Now I feel like an idiot that I didn't make an offer on the rest of her collection; it was STUNNING. Super-minty and carefully taken care of, the full set of TEs, a bunch of TAFs, ugh!) She even came with her backcard and a lovely photo print of her, all for $26! (And that was after talking her UP from $10!)

Worst buy? Well, I'm sure I've had others, but right now, I'm gonna go with my recent (last week!!) string of Taobao/eBay buys - Glittery Wisteria for $40, Glittery Pinkie Pie for $30, and Type B Minty for $40. AND IT LOOKS LIKE ALL OR SOME OF THEM MAY BE RELEASED, FOR MUCH LESS THAN THAT. GOODBYE, $110! Dangit, I finally get into buying Taobao prototypes, and the first time I do, it turns out to be a waste. -_- UGH! I'm just not lucky this week! And I'm getting FS Black Tie Pinkie Pie from Clipper - let's hope she's not released too?! But she might be! AW WHO KNOWS! :faint:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 02:34:25 AM »
Mine would be 2 weeks ago at a car boot sale, I found Mummy Meadowsweet, Pony Bride, Butterscotch, NSS Shady, 4-Tales Clover (mint) and a few more. All were on my wantlist. All were £1 each, but I haggled and got them for 50p each.

Worst? I bought a Lilo and Stitch backup for 50p yesterday, I wasn't told the inside was filled with. I don't evenw ant to say it, but we think it was either poo or blood. It was horrific. Went in the dustbin immediately. I was gutted.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 07:30:31 AM »
My best find would have to be Sugarberry, Gusty, Sparkler, and Peachy, plus some ponywear and accessories, at the local church rummage sale. All in really nice shape, and ALL for $2.

Worst? I don't have any real horror stories, but I did pick up a G3 Scootaloo who was very rusty inside.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Pumpkin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Enjoy the little things in life.
    • View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 07:47:33 AM »
I've sold my French Skydancer from my childhood once and always have regretted it. I thought I would never find her again in a nice condition (without mismatch) and for a cheap price. But last I did! On a blurry picture I saw her standing and without asking for her condition I bought her for 10,- euro incl. shippingcosts. And she looks very good even better then the one I once had. I'm so happy I have her again  :lovey:

The worst pony was Sprinkles. I bought her for 5,- or 6,- euro from a member of an other forum. When she arrived I was shocked because of her condition....a big gaping crack in her neck and her hair was only frizz, her tail fel out and there was a red wool thread holding her tail together. She looked so sad  :sad: Without complaining to the seller I fixed her up and rehaired he with dollyhair. I still have her, she stands under the cloud of the Waterfall playset.  :accomplished: :relaxed:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »
Yea, I'm one of the ones who regrets buying Minty  >_<

As for good buys, I once bought a lot that had two TAF babies in it + a bunch of other ponies for 55 dollars  :)

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 07:57:14 AM »
I enjoyed getting Playtime Baby Brother Drummer from a vendor at TFCon who didn't know what he had in his junk box under his table, and asked if I thought $3 was outrageously high.

I accepted $3 as a purchase price :)

But I think another TFCon story trumps it.  A friend of mine asked if I would give her childhood ponies a good home.  I agreed.  She hands me a plastic bag, with a beautiful Mimic inside.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 08:14:33 AM »
My best and worst story happened to the same pony and I have already gotten some scolding for it.  I was at a Salvation Army and found one of the Pearly Baby Cotton Candy.  But because I didn't know at the time how rare she was I took her home and tried to customize her.  The customization process failed and I got most of the paint off, but that also took off most of the pearly paint too.  I felt so bad that I ruined her.  What makes it worst was she was only 50 cents.  Like I said I have already been scolded for this and I feel horrible.  Someday I hope to have another one so I can proudly add her to the family.

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 08:26:15 AM »
Best: I was certain that I'd never be lucky enough to find a G1 in a charity shop, but on the way home from college one day last year, I popped in & found Baby Rainribbon. :)
She was in a bag with a bunch of G3s & fakies, for £2. She's not in the best condition, but I'm pretty happy with her, as she was such a pleasant surprise. ^-^

Worst: I bought a lovely Starshine on Ebay & she never arrived. :( The seller was a real pain about giving me a refund too. I still have yet to own this pony.  >_<
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »
My best so far was seeing a big ol' garbage bag of ponies on Kijiji (Canadian Craislist thing) and decided that because Night Glider was on top I'd drive an hour to go pick it up...other ponies sight unseen, and the bits (and NG) were blurry and out of focus, so I had NO clue!! $50 I had a few G3's, mummy and daddy Apple Delight, Nightglider, baby Whirly Twirl, TE Gingerbread and others! Lol! Sooooooo happy!!

My worst I'm going through right now. Bought a lot of ponies off a fellow in March which never showed up. He said he mailed them (charged 16 BP to do so!!) And no tracking #!! I've emailed him repeatedly, but the first email he said he'd refund and it's been silence since...and he seemed like such a cool guy :(

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:22 AM »
Haven't had a ton of luck other than with G3s whom I can no longer remember... for G1s my best was likey Tappy, she needed a thorough clean but she cleaned up well and is ADORABLE!

Worse might have been a Tex, he was super-baity and covered in pindot.  I had plans to clean him and have him used as a custom, but ended up getting rid of him as I just didn't have the time. Hopefully the next person did!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
Best :) Munchy for $2. It didn't strike me as amazing at the time, but she grew on me. ;3 She's a unique little pony, and I love her to bunches.

Worst, well. I saw a gross Applejack today with no tail and a hair trim.. COVERED inside and out full of rust. I didn't even ask (I know the guy normally asked way too much anyway). Had to walk away....

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
Best.
My fathers girlfriend telling me she had ponies too as a child, and then finding them a few weeks later, and gifting them all to me. Including a rare variation of Italian Bubbles.

Worst.
My friends were awesome and picked me up a G3 castle playset with several ponies included on a fleamarket.
I absolutely love it, as well as the ponies, but the included Rarity gave me a bit more trouble then I was expecting.
I thought her hair was a bit frizzy at first glance, but the reason it was clumping together turned out to be dried mouse pee, dried mouse pee, and oh, dried mouse pee. It took me several tries, with no less then 3 different treatments, to finally dislodge the smell, and she turned out to have a rather severe case of tail rust to boot.
I still absolutely love the gift though, and Rarity is all cleaned now, looking and smelling lovely, just as she should.
I just hadn't seen mouse pee dreadlocks coming. >>

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »
I rember My best one now lol!
I found a MLP sleeping bag at good will for $3
I was so happy I cried! as well as I Bought a Vintage "care bear" sleeping bag along with a "teenage mutant Nina turtle" sleeping bag too. all in the same store. I spend all of $9

But as far as ponies ive only found, baby Apple Delight, CF Blossom, So Soft FiFi.

My Worst was People alwase telling me Oh I have a box full on my little pony I'll give them to you and years later nothing then they never talk to us again. Or just Oh here have my little pony..and its a fake. I did find a lot of 3 pones with a really rare on on craigs list and it turn out to be something illegal immagrent was selling behind someones back for some cash.
:accomplished:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »
Best was MO Mommy pony for $2 at the thrift store last summer.  :)

Worst were a lot from shopgoodwill.com.  I bought the box on a whim, thinking I spotted Mimic.  Overpaid for it (I think I spent $40, ) shipping was horribly overpriced.  It took forever to get here, there was no Mimic and all the ponies were baity (and mostly g3s.). I've been lucky before with unclear pics but not hat time.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal