collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Give me your pony luck, I might have a lead!  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Give me your pony luck, I might have a lead!
« on: May 25, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
I biked into town to get my schedule and ended up stopping at a thrift store. I've never found ponies there before but this time I was brave enough to ask for vintage ponies when the owner asked what I was looking for.

She laughed and clapped and said she actually has some! They're apparently down in the basement, so I'm going back on Tuesday to see what she's got. (And hopefully bring home plenty of ponies; I hope her prices are reasonable)

So, now I'm really excited! Would anyone like to tell me about their best pony luck? Ever take a chance on a vague Craigslist post and luck out? Find any nice G1s hiding in the dollar toy bin? I like to get my hopes up.  :drunk:

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Give me your pony luck, I might have a lead!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 04:11:15 PM »
at a thrift store near me, i ALWAYS fine ponies every time i go there. usually g3s and fakies, but i have found a fair amount of g1s, g2s, including an mib g2, a dream beauty, several g4s, many mib g4s, and even a few g3.5s.
Never left that place without at least 1 pony.
Also found a Winger glow and some petite pony playsets at another thrift store that NEVER has ponies.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
Ooh. Good luck!

My best pony luck was before I was officially collecting again, my friend would garage sale with her mother as a bonding thing and she said 'I remembered you liked ponies a lot as a kid' and she handed me a minty Baby Leaper.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
EEek! I hope you get 10 Rapunzels!
*sends good pony vibes your way* The excitement at this point must kill you...
Who knows who could be down there!

So for my luck-I recently found 2 Windy Wings and a TAF Baby at the thrift store for 3 bucks. There were also a handful of common G1s.

I have also found a TAF buttons, Lemon Treats and a complete Chief at a thrift store before! Lots of common g1's and hoards of G3's over the years though.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 04:21:50 PM »
That's awesome! Hope you find a lot of really nice, reasonably priced ponies ^.^

Once I found 2 MIB G1 ponies on Craigslist a town away from me, they wanted $20 for the two of them. Obviously excited I contacted her but they were already sold so I kicked myself in the butt for a few weeks for not seeing the ad sooner. Eventually I found a post on the sales thread here with those exact ponies! It was a crazy coincidence but this girl ended up being the one who grabbed them before I did on Craigslist and had decided to sell them... so yes, I ended up getting them eventually :lol: They are the stars of my collection :)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
YAY! :cheer: Congrats that's awesome! I really hope you find some gems in there! Keep us posted!! :biggrin:

I hit up a Craiglist ad that was really lame, and I suppose I was just desperate to find a pony IRL (not online) for once...

The person lived about 45 minutes away from me, and the ad was simply for a Opened w/ Box G3 Pony missing DVD and unicorn. The G3 was $4, unicorn $0.50. So, we end up meeting her (we decided to use the day to go thrifting on the way down, we didn't find anything else...) and she has the two ponies in a gift bag, so I can't see them. She says it's $4.50 we hand her a $5 tell her we're good and get in the car.
So I finally get a chance to open the bag and look at the ponies. G3 = Hidden Treasure. She has her accessories but no DVD or video or whatever she had. No biggie. So I'm wondering what the unicorn is, and I move the box and it's TAF Buttons! She was NM as well. Definitely worth the extra $0.50 I gave the lady...

But literally that's my only pony luck like ever. HA! :biggrin:

Seriously though! You'll have to show us what kind of awesomeness you just stumbled upon! :sunny:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »
I found Baby Lucky at the local flea market a few weeks ago, otherwise I have no luck pony hunting :( My thrift stores never seem to have any toys in them.

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 07:04:19 PM »
I wish you lots of luck! :D Hopefully there will be some great ones in there. (And in good condition too!)

I've found the majority of my collection at thrift stores or garage sales. (I've also sold/traded a ton of my finds to get ones that I wanted more.) My best finds were: magenta Satin n' Lace for $2 at a thrift store, an absolute mint TAF Baby Up, Up, and Away for $2 at a Star Wars store (she's the gem of my collection), Munchy for $1 at a garage sale, and I recently just got a big box over 125 G1s which included two pearly babies and a few other fantastic ones. :D I feel like I have fairly good pony luck, if only because I'm very persistent! :lol:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 07:11:15 PM »
so far my   best pony luck has been when  i   asked a guy at the flea market i' looking for my little ponys g1.  he said he had some.  i'm liek ok.. had to wait  for a week.  and saterday he brogughtme a whole  giant box of things.
including Dream castle Spike majesty.   all the accesroys except her cape. a  Prety parlor (the  blue one) peachy  Twinkles   Duck soup
a   huge castle carrying case.  tons of  accesroys and tail ribons.  diapers  diaper boxes   bottles   and bunch of  other things. pony curlers
and about   40 ponys!  including steamer his  hat and his brush. and  sevreal flutter ponys.  (and a ton of babys!)  then he mentions..  oh i have paradise soemthing. with the box.. and i was like. ok  i'll give you 50.00 for it..  so he said ok. 
the problem is  the other playsets werent in the best  shape ><

but  the   next day  i   got it.. the box was dennted  and had a few tears but a little duct tape  and  two hours later  it looked great ^^
and   then after   gettng it emptyed out on a table.. to make sure that everythign was out. as we shook the box. out  fell a flutter wing..   so i bounced aroudn happy..   then when i was home i found hte other wing!   and the awesome thing was PE was almost compelte! its only missing a  couple pieces.   but it has  toohpaste the little knives and forks  and  a bunch of ltitle pices.  it has all the flowers.  the only problem is thers a couple   puffy   stickers   stuck to it unfnerlty but still in very good shape!  adn denftly worth whati paid!!

my  other best pony luck (at  same flea market) I found FS AJ!  loose but with curl

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 07:14:04 PM »
for me that would be finding a FF cotton candy for only $ 1.00 at the flea, there is a vendor who always has random things for sale. I also found the flutter morning glory for $ .50 missing her wings.

kaskurgi

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
I found a Mint G1 Surprise at my local thrift store. I've also found some dirty G1's and have started the long process of restoring them. Some won't be able to be full restored but they will stay with me and have a good home until the day I pass on then they will get passed to someone else. :) So good luck!

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
Congrats, how exciting! Can't wait to see what you get. :)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
I don't have much pony luck (never found a pony at a thrift store) but you can have the rest of it! Be sure to tell us what you get, I bet it'll be awesome. c:

Duster reference]

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 08:14:21 PM »
In the last 2 years I have had a ton of Luck.... found Spain Alcendente in a lot of Shopgoodwill.com for $100 but included 2 large carrying cases and 20 other ponies and accesories, found rapunzel with accessories, baby Sweet Tooth, Scribbles and about 16 other plus showstable and perfume parlor complete for $65 on craigslist, Mimic at Savers for $1.99, MIB Baby Blossom, 14 MIB pony wears, and 45 ponies for $85 on craigslist, I think I used up all my pony mojo though cause I have found a whole lot of nothing pony wise lately. lol

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 10:57:33 PM »
Ooh, exciting!  I hope you find amazing ponies!  :cheer:

My best pony luck was finding 106 g1 ponies (in one go) at the thrift store a few years back, including Nightglider, Blueberry Baskets, Lemon Treats, Steamer, Salty, one of the Glow and Shows, Baby Crumpet and tons of other ponies.  I've had good luck at that particular store other times, too and have also found:

Taffeta
Munchy

And, last summer, the MO Mommy pony.  :)

*sending pony luck your way*
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal