collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Ponies Sleep in the Bed With Me O.o  (Read 2956 times)

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My Ponies Sleep in the Bed With Me O.o
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 12:47:48 PM »
I have ponies in my handbag, ponies on my desk at work and ponies all round my bedroom and plushies on my bed. And Im married and 35 years old....

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
LightningTwirl: I'm afraid I can't answer that, I really don't know. I don't think it'd be worth asking Habsro, since they could be 'biased'. If we were wanting to know the answer, it would probably have to be scientifically conducted research to prove it. I'm not claiming I know lots, just little things!  ^^; I really can't help there, but further research may help to give an idea. I wish I did know! I mean small things like changing to metal bottles may help, I switched from plastic bottles to metal ones about a year ago, and had no problems with them.

Sorry if my info was a little 'different'/scary! Hope this helps!  ^.^

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »
WOW! Some of this stuff wow!!! Well I am going to be nice and say GO FOR IT! I think that its cool that your in high school and collect and bring ponies with you. A lot of young adults would not do that. They think that its not cool! I do not miss that junk!!!! LOL

As for ponies making us sick. Think about it, there is all kind of things in this world that makes us sick! Not just ponies! I once in a while have a pony by my head borad. If I die from it so be it....LOL

And I also take ponies with me time to time. I will put one in my car with me. So I have something to look at and smile when I leave the car and get into the car after work. I really need them ponies after a long day of work.

SO keep doing what your doing :) It makes you happy then so be it. Do not let others tell you want to do with your life :)  HUGS

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
LightningTwirl: I'm afraid I can't answer that, I really don't know. I don't think it'd be worth asking Habsro, since they could be 'biased'. If we were wanting to know the answer, it would probably have to be scientifically conducted research to prove it. I'm not claiming I know lots, just little things!  ^^; I really can't help there, but further research may help to give an idea. I wish I did know! I mean small things like changing to metal bottles may help, I switched from plastic bottles to metal ones about a year ago, and had no problems with them.

Sorry if my info was a little 'different'/scary! Hope this helps!  ^.^

Thank you! I was asking everyone,  please dont feel like I was pressuring you to answer! No worries, it is honestly a hard answer to find out! I tried researching it myself and didnt come up with anything. @_@ I think we only need to really worry if we are either burning/boiling our ponies or sticking them in our mouths, even so BPA apparently stays in our system only up to a day. Im not too worried about it though anymore, dont worry! I will keep doing what I love, which is collecting ponies.  With any hobby, its always good to be informed!  Yeah lol im still keeping my ponies heehee. Thank you for the info  :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:17:00 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
I think bringing 8 ponies to school is a bit much,not just because of space issues,but that they could get damaged from hitting the other ponies and stuff in your bag! Maybe just 1 or 2 would be better? It's up to you though of course! I think the ponies at the end of your bed are fine though. At the end of the day,if it makes you happy it shouldn't really matter what you do with your collection :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »
I would just worry that you will destroy your ponies in the long run by doing these things, but maybe you are taking extra care of them :) and anyway, they are actually toys so it's nice to see someone here in fact using them that way :P i'm just overly protective of mine.
I like it when people are passionate about something as you seem to be about your ponies and I also love it when people are confident enough to not give in to the societal expectations, so more power to you!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Original question
So long as you have room for your school supplies and homework, and they arn't a distraction in class I don't see an issue. If you're ok with attention and odd questions, possibly a nasty comment (teens tend to want to act very grown up, so a teen having toys usually isn't seen as one of the cool kids, at least that was the case when I was in school). In bed, again, non issue if you're getting enough sleep. I do think it's leaning a bit on the eccentric side, but hey, different strokes right? If you have rare items, or are concerned about resale value then I would handle and cart around items as little as possible. but if you bought them to use them, have fun.

Safety- G3's and G4's should be safe OP. There has been more recent government crackdowns on unsafe toys, it's vintage or antique toys you don't want children playing with, or to handle excessively.
I think MLP's (the articles I've seen of tested ponies- g3's) are relativity safe. It's the G1's I worry about and am careful about handling, I don't allow my pets near them (the cats would want to lick them) and no longer allow kids to play with the bait box. I have G3's set aside for young visitors. G1's do, for sure contain plasticizers like phthalates, and the issue isn't sucking or chewing on the toy, but these plastic softeners can be absorbed through skin, think of the sticky g1 we find with plasticizer sitting on top of the pony, but even the ones where it's not obvious is also an issue.

I've always wondered if my love of soft vinyl toys (I was a child of the 80's, so things like BPA's were in most of my toys!) could have triggered my thyroid misfiring before I was 20. It was caught when I was 17, so who knows how long before that it started. BPA's are now banned in dishware, baby bottles and modern children's toys. It's one of the reasons it's technically illegal to buy vintage toys for children, or sell them for a child to play with in the US and why some parcels come with "for collectors only, not intended for children or pregnant women" safety warnings I've gotten along with pony purchases from here or ebay. :)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:23:11 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
I played my whole childhood with G1 ponies, so if there's something dangerous in them, i've been exposed to that a LONG time ago.  :P And I have to say, im quite careless with this stuff anyway. I feel life is too short to stress about stuff, I just do what I love. At least I will die happy.  :lol:

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 04:00:16 PM »
I think that if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. <3

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 04:25:54 PM »
I used to bring ponies to HighSchool when I was your age.. I always had one in my pocket!
It was right when G3 came out.. Come to think of it, Hoppy was in my purse for good luck for my interview yesterday. (I aced it, thanks to the pony I bet!)

I think it's fun! Why not?
I wouldn't keep ponies in my bed... ponies are SHARP! I'd also be afraid to mess up their hair, but I do keep a pony on my bedside table.... sometimes she even wears ponywear to bed :p

By the way. I'm 26. :D
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »
Sometimes I have a pony in the bed with me when I'm sleeping alone (my OH works shifts) but mostly cuddly toys as they are softer. In my old flat I used to have two CP ponies on my bedside table that my OH used as a glasses holder  :lol:

I also took a blind bag pony with my to an interview for luck (even though I don't believe in luck... but I do like ponies!) and Baby Quackers has been on holiday with me before.

Anyway, if that makes you happy, carry on! There are far worse things in the world than someone having MLPs in their bag or bed.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
I think of the ponies make us sick, I should be dead by now. My bedroom is my pony room. I'm literally surrounded by potential lead poisoning that I am breathing in all night. ;)

In all seriousness though, I think taking that many to school may be overkill. When I was in high school, I did have on G3 in my locker. It was Rainbow Dash II. I let her magnetically stick to the roof of my locker. But I couldn't imagine taking as many as eight with me. :blush:

And if you wanna sleep with them, then if it makes you happy go for it. But I dislike anything on my bed. Even my little Chihuahua annoys me sometimes when she's on my bed and I'm trying to sleep.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

YellowCat

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
I used to do that same thing when I was 6/7 years old.  Some of my ponies slept on the foot of my bed, where it was no big deal because I was so short then I didn't use the end of the bed.  Then in the winter I'd bring ponies to school for indoor recess because there were never enough toys in the classroom.  The teacher didn't mind as long as we put our toys back in our cubbies when recess was over.

Now that I'm grown up only a few plushes hang out on my bed and my ponies live on a shelf and in a storage bin in my closet.  The only hard plastic toy allowed on my bed is my Charlie Chaplin doll, but at night he gets moved to my bedside table.  I still sometimes bring a pony with me to work, but it stays in my work bag.  Barber Groomsby lived in my work bag for the first whole month I was at my new job.

I say do whatever makes you happy as long as it's not harming you or anyone else. :)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
I'm 28, and if I'm having a particularly stressful day (I have really bad anxiety that I take medication for), I stick a pony in my hoodie pocket and take her to work with me. I don't go around showing her to anyone, but I know she's there and I can take her out and look at her and pet her on break, so it helps.

My family thinks I'm nuts, but I'm happy to have found the arena, and found people that cope with life with the help of ponies like I do. :)

cleverLC

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »
I occasionally put dolls or ponies on the pillow next to me, just to have somebody there.  I don't tend to toss and turn enough to knock 'me off, but I still feel like they're all "comfy."  My AG's get put in gowns/PJs when they sleep with me, too. :) When I move in with my boyfriend, I'll have someone nearby all the time (plus the dog likes to sleep under the bed), so I probably won't need that extra comfort anymore.  (I may still get BAB Twilight when she's released here, though, just in case.)

Celestia and Luna used to be on my nightstand, but I decided to start keeping them in the spare room with my other ponies.  Sometimes I'll let a few ponies have "sleepovers" there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal