collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Animal Crossing players here?  (Read 45204 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any Animal Crossing players here?
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
I have never heard of this. 
It's a Nintendo game series that's been around since the GameCube game. New Leaf is for the 3DS. It's seriously one of the most addicting games ever! And it's super cute.

So I finally got to start my game!
Friend code: 5284-1682-0844
Character name: Dazzle
Town: Twinkle

Okay, now this is a silly question, but I must ask. I have only ever added friends locally (my two 3DS buddies being my two friends). I have never added someone online.

So say one of you adds me. Does that mean I need to manually add you myself, or when I turn my wifi on does something pop up that notifies me of a friend request?
If there is no notification and I need to add you manually, let me know that you added me so I can add you in return.  :)

The fruit I got was oranges, by the way. In case someone needs them.

And my favorite villager so far is Goldie! She's a sweetie. Looks like I got one from every personality type.

Post Merge: June 10, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

The one thing that's a shame about me playing the game though is my hours do not go well with it. I work nights so when I play at night all the stores are closed. Lots of the stores don't open until 9am or 10am, and I am in bed by then. :P  I could change the time but that feels like cheating!
I guess I will get the most enjoyment out of this game on my days off.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:36:48 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
In order to be friends with someone, each has to manually add the other into the 3DS friend code. I could use some oranges and I can bring some cherries if I make it over. :)

Later in the game when you can enact the town's regulations, you'll be able to make it so stores stay open longer or make them open earlier.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Sweet! I'll add you when I get home and have access to my wifi. And I will save some oranges for ya! :D  Thanks for answering my question.
My Wishlist

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »

Post Merge: June 10, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

The one thing that's a shame about me playing the game though is my hours do not go well with it. I work nights so when I play at night all the stores are closed. Lots of the stores don't open until 9am or 10am, and I am in bed by then. :P  I could change the time but that feels like cheating!
I guess I will get the most enjoyment out of this game on my days off.
I don't think it would really be cheating if you changed the clock time to better match your work schedule. I know that when it comes to Holiday events, some people would change the time so that they could participate if they would be busy IRL during that time. Like if it was Halloween, but the player had to go to work IRL during that event time. So they'd change the clock later (or before they go to work) and do the event.

But yeah, there is an ordinance later on called Night Owl that makes it to where store stay up three hours later. Like Re-Tail would stay open until 2am, for example. Pretty sure I'll go with that ordinance - I normally don't go to bed until 4am, haha.

I can bring over some apples now, if anyone's town needs them. :)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »
I will definitely be using that night owl ordinance for a while when I reach that point. I was able to get a shovel and net today so I could catch some bugs, but I sure wish I could have gotten a fishing rod! I wanted to fish all night at work. XD XD  Wow, the things I get paid for.
But I'm hoping I don't have to use the night owl thing for long. Got an interview on Friday for a first shift job and I seriously hope I get it. The third shift thing has gotten old!

I am so geeking with this game. As if you couldn't tell. :blush: I waited a long time for it. My friends are coming over in the morning. I'm making her let me into her town so I can raid her fruit. Hah!  I don't even know what fruit she has yet. It better not be oranges!
My Wishlist

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2013, 08:48:36 PM »
I will definitely be using that night owl ordinance for a while when I reach that point. I was able to get a shovel and net today so I could catch some bugs, but I sure wish I could have gotten a fishing rod! I wanted to fish all night at work. XD XD  Wow, the things I get paid for.
But I'm hoping I don't have to use the night owl thing for long. Got an interview on Friday for a first shift job and I seriously hope I get it. The third shift thing has gotten old!

I am so geeking with this game. As if you couldn't tell. :blush: I waited a long time for it. My friends are coming over in the morning. I'm making her let me into her town so I can raid her fruit. Hah!  I don't even know what fruit she has yet. It better not be oranges!
Have you done the "chores" asked by Isabelle yet at Town Hall (get her a seashell, plant a tree, ect.)? After a bit, she'll ask if you want to know about Fish or Bugs. If you choose "Fish", she'll ask you to go catch some fish, and a response when you talk to her again will be something like " I don't have a fishing rod!", which she will sell you one for 500 Bells. :D

Hehe, nothing wrong with geeking out on AC! :D I too waiting forever for it to come out, and it was part of the reason I got a 3DS. xD

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »
Actually I haven't. I heard she asks you to do that. I just got my first house loan paid off. Everytime I go talk to her, she asks me if I need any advice. If I can get the chores done tonight, it would certainly pass some time at work! How do you prompt her to do so?
My Wishlist

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »
Actually I haven't. I heard she asks you to do that. I just got my first house loan paid off. Everytime I go talk to her, she asks me if I need any advice. If I can get the chores done tonight, it would certainly pass some time at work! How do you prompt her to do so?
When you go ask her for advice, did she mention something like how you should go to the beach and pick seashells, then talking/hinting that she wants one? If so, go to the beach, get a seashell of any kind, and give it to her. :) Pretty much, that starts the "chores" stuff . :)
If not, keep asking her for advice and she should eventually mention the beach/seashells.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
You just saved my life tonight! Really! LOL. I was starting to get bored here and I am stuck here for seven more hours! I am going to fire up my game in a few minutes and do my chores. Thanks so much, Milky! :D  I probably would have been stuck forever without my fishing rod.
My Wishlist

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »
You just saved my life tonight! Really! LOL. I was starting to get bored here and I am stuck here for seven more hours! I am going to fire up my game in a few minutes and do my chores. Thanks so much, Milky! :D  I probably would have been stuck forever without my fishing rod.

No problem! :D I was in the same situation as you on Sunday, so I was relieved when I found out I could still get a fishing pole from Isabelle. Good thing I did - my nook store still only had a net and shovel for sale.

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »
My villagers are:

Tabby (girl cat)
Olivia (girl cat)
Jitters (boy bird)
Walker (boy dog)
Gladys (girl crane)
Deirdre (girl deer) just moved in today

Some of my favorite villagers I've had in past games are Tangy, Bluebear, Margie and Hugh. And I've always wanted Static and especially Lucky.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
I have

Flurry (girl hamster)
Tutu (girl bear)
Scoot (boy duck)
Ahnka (girl cat
Cube (boy penguin)
Fuschia moved in today and I have to go see what he/she is.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2013, 09:07:15 AM »
I have Peck (boy bird), Midge (girl bird), a girl and a boy kitty (can't remember their names), Chops (a male pig) just moved in like right next to my house. I also started with Whitney the wolf.... my absolute favorite resident!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
Man, each of you have at least one villager I wanted or love. xD  I find it neat that I got Winnie, because she was one of my first villagers in the original AC game (unless I have her confused with another horse). So it was like being reunited all over again - she was one of my favs.

Some of my other favs are any of the wolves (especially Cheif and Lobo) and Coco. Love how "weird" Coco looks. xD

I wish New Leaf didnt make you have to wait so much to progress on your mayor stuff. Finally got my approval to 100% an hour ago (by logging in), and now have to wait another day for the permit. I can be patient, but sheesh! I just wanna add some stuff to my town. xD

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »
I had Scoot in my original GC town too, back in 2003. It was fun to see him again. ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal