collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: J-Dolls - $20 at Tuesday Morning!  (Read 32716 times)

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
Re: J-Dolls - $20 at Tuesday Morning!
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2013, 03:58:42 AM »
Jdoll is no longer being made, there was one more release announced but she was canceled.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 05, 2013, 04:46:58 AM »
Yup, J-Dolls have either type 3 or type 4 Pullip bodies, so anything that fits those will fit J-Dolls too. Earlier J-Dolls will be type 3, later will be type 4, but I'm not sure exactly when/with which doll the switchover happened. Still, lots of stuff that fits a type 3 will still fit a type 4 and vice versa--type 3 is a bit curvier with larger hips and bust, type 4 is more slender. If an outfit isn't too fitted at the hips or bust it'll usually work all right for both types.

Are most clothes marked as being for type 3 or type 4? I know Abbott Street is type 4. I've been looking at tons of pics of her and I checked the Toy Box Philosopher's review on J-Dolls to compare and she's definitely a type 4, which I'm happy about since I think the type 4 body looks better.

I just paid for my Abbott Street! I got her on eBay for $40 (shipping included), which is a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I've noticed fewer and fewer of her on eBay and since it's not looking like she'll be found at TM at this point, I figured I'd better grab her while I can. I can't wait until she gets here! I may still end up buying one of the other two on my wishlist if I find either for a decent price eventually. I just don't want to overdo it since I already have 3 huge collections (MLP, MH and Hello Kitty) and I don't have room for another.

It's too bad they're not making anymore J-Dolls. Was there a picture of the cancelled one? I'm curious to see what she looks like.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 05, 2013, 05:33:33 AM »
Abbott looks really pretty! Can you post picture of her when you get her?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 05, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »
Abbott looks really pretty! Can you post picture of her when you get her?

Yep. I can't wait to start taking pics of her.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 05, 2013, 08:11:16 AM »
Yup, J-Dolls have either type 3 or type 4 Pullip bodies, so anything that fits those will fit J-Dolls too. Earlier J-Dolls will be type 3, later will be type 4, but I'm not sure exactly when/with which doll the switchover happened. Still, lots of stuff that fits a type 3 will still fit a type 4 and vice versa--type 3 is a bit curvier with larger hips and bust, type 4 is more slender. If an outfit isn't too fitted at the hips or bust it'll usually work all right for both types.

Are most clothes marked as being for type 3 or type 4? I know Abbott Street is type 4. I've been looking at tons of pics of her and I checked the Toy Box Philosopher's review on J-Dolls to compare and she's definitely a type 4, which I'm happy about since I think the type 4 body looks better.

I just paid for my Abbott Street! I got her on eBay for $40 (shipping included), which is a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I've noticed fewer and fewer of her on eBay and since it's not looking like she'll be found at TM at this point, I figured I'd better grab her while I can. I can't wait until she gets here! I may still end up buying one of the other two on my wishlist if I find either for a decent price eventually. I just don't want to overdo it since I already have 3 huge collections (MLP, MH and Hello Kitty) and I don't have room for another.

It's too bad they're not making anymore J-Dolls. Was there a picture of the cancelled one? I'm curious to see what she looks like.

More often than not stock won't be labelled type 3 or 4, in my experience. You kind of have to go by the release dates... Pullips switched to type 4 at the beginning of 2009, I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong...) But since Abbott is a type 4, type 3 stocks should fit her fine, just maybe a bit loose sometimes. And you can always ask here about the fit of a particular stock :)

This is the cancelled J-Doll, Provence:

A pity, 'cause she's lovely :(
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Maggie_pie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #335 on: October 05, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »
It is a shame that they no longer make them and Provence is so pretty!
So sad she never got made. Thanks for posting the photo!

As for clothes I've had good luck with some of the stardoll clothes but the shoes are much to big. Barbie clothes if you clip them in the back. some shoes fit. Liv clothes-mostly dresses/shirts  if you clip the back shoes are again too big inless they look like trainers then they work. the pants are to big. skirts are ok but they dont close in the back but i think the skirts are ok. Moxie clothes are nice but sometimes the pants are weird. The shirts are at times too long but not long enough to be a dress. Blythe clothes are hit or miss pants are short and some shirts/ jackets much to big.

The few momoko clothes I have I got off esty sadly the seller is no longer listed but they fit. She made them from patterns so they might be different from official momoko clothes. Licca clothes are good and so are vip disney clothes the skirts are weird on the hips. Jenny clothes are like barbie clothes so its ok but some stuff you have to clip or deal with hip issues.
Bratz clothes are ok I don't have a lot from them but the shirt was nice.
Sugar mag clothes I thought looked too big even clipping it in the back but maybe it's just the clothes I have?

I saw la dee da doll clothes but I haven't tried them yet but they look like some might fit. I haven't tried monster high clothes.

I would love to hear what others say about clothes.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »
For J-Dolls? La Dee Da and Monster High do not fit.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
For J-Dolls? La Dee Da and Monster High do not fit.
Yea unfortunately pullip bodies are an in-between size that not a lot fits. Blythe and pullip clothes will fit, Barbie is generally too big. Moxie girls stuff fits great, and bratz pants will fit.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »
Now that I have Abbott Street, I'd like to update my wish list. I was only going to get one, but I figure Abbott Street would look lonely by herself, plus, I'd still like to get one for $20 if possible. I found a few others I liked better than Koningslign so for now, I'm removing her. If I can get one of these three, (they're in order of preference) that would be great:

1. Mohave Street  *most wanted*
2. Rue Antoine Dansaer
3. Magnificent Mile

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2013, 12:13:15 AM »
^ Updated for you ShortyBoo~

For new/returning J-Doll fans, Everyone's updated wish lists are on page 20, reply #286

So no more J-dolls in the future? or is the line on hold indefinitely?

That's too bad because they have so much detail and pretty eyes. But that would explain why they were at Tuesday Morning at $20.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
I just found a picture of Petit Champlain, but when I searched, I couldn't find many pics of her at all. Just two small in-box pics and the stock images of her. For every other J-Doll I've looked for, I've been able to at the very least find several pics of them on Flickr from people who have them, but not in this case. Was she ever released? One site said her release date was in June of this year, but I've also read that they didn't release any J-Dolls this year. Anyone have any info on her? I think she's gorgeous and would love to have her, but if she was never released, obviously she wouldn't show up at TM.

I finally found a list of which dolls have type 3 bodies and which ones have type 4s. Apparently, Maroseica was the first J-Doll released with a type 4 body. All the ones before her had type 3s. Knowing this changes my list because I keep seeing people recommending avoiding any with type 3 bodies. And ever since I read the TBP's review on Josephsplatz I've been hoping that I'd end up with one with a type 4 body. Luckily, Abbott Street is a type 4. So my new list is:

1. Mohave Street *Most Wanted*
2. Promenade des Anglais
3. Via Appia

I still only want 1 of those 3.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:40:04 PM by ShortyBoo »

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #341 on: October 06, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
Groove is not going to make any more Jdolls ever, with a ton of the old ones showing up at TJ Maxx I mean Tuesday Morning etc at a fraction of the cost they would lose money by making more. No one is going to want to pay full price for a new release when you can buy most of the others at TJ Maxx Tuesday Morning or on ebay for less than half the cost.

I don't believe Petit Champlain was actually released.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:48:17 PM by klein »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 06, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Groove is not going to make any more Jdolls ever, with a ton of the old ones showing up at TJ Maxx etc at a fraction of the cost they would lose money by making more. No one is going to want to pay full price for a new release when you can buy most of the others at TJ Maxx or on ebay for less than half the cost.

I don't believe Petit Champlain was actually released.

You can find them at TJ Maxx too!? Gonna have to stalk another store! I stopped by Tuesday Morning on my way to the grocery store and they still have two Robson St. and one In-Sa-Dong. They had Ai BJD's. I really wanted to grab Kangaroo Paw because she looks like Alice, but my fiance said no. :(
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #343 on: October 06, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »
Eep not TJ Maxx I meant Tuesday Morning, we don't have Tuesday Morning here locally the closest thing we have is a TJ Maxx  :blush:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2013, 05:42:32 PM »
I had a feeling Petit Champlain wasn't released. What a shame. She's so pretty and I love her outfit.

So I was looking for Pullip shoes on Etsy and I noticed most of them said they fit Pullip, Blythe and a bunch of other dolls I'm not familiar with. Do Blythe and Pullips really have the same size feet?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal