collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: J-Dolls - $20 at Tuesday Morning!  (Read 31085 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: J-Dolls - $20 at Tuesday Morning!
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2014, 11:40:18 AM »
There are some J-doll on Amazon for amazing prices (many with cheap or free shipping).  A few are overpriced, but most are below the original retail if not similar to TM prices.

There are several in the $20 range there, but the ones I want are higher. I guess I like the popular ones. I did see Promenade des Anglais and Mohave Street listed for $34.99 which makes them just a penny short of qualifying for free shipping. Via Appia and Sunset Blvd are both in the $100 range, though and Koningslign isn't even available on Amazon.

Blitzn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »
For the most part you can find a great deal between Amazon and eBay, recently.  I am totally kicking myself for what I paid before these were discovered at clearance prices (the retail prices were a lot higher than what you can find them for now altho I was getting them on sale for less than that).  Oh well.   I do think that Groove may not be making j-doll anymore as it's been so long and the last release was cancelled altogether, but luckily it looks like they're still making Sasha dolls.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:35:42 AM by Blitzn »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »
I think I want to get a new wig for Gran Via, but I know nothing about doll wigs. Is sizing the same through all brands, like if it's like a size 3, will it be a size 3 in all brands, or does it vary? Besides needing to know which size I'll need to get, I'll need to know where a good place is to buy them. I'm not looking to spend too much on one, but I also don't want one that's awful quality.

I just need to figure out how to remove her current wig since it's really glued on there securely. Well, and decide which color I want her to have. I already have two blonde dolls, so I was thinking red. Either strawberry blonde or a darker red.

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »
Gran Via's pretty cheap on Amazon right now ($4 more than she'd be if I found her in a store, but I'm more than an hour from the nearest Tuesday Morning, anyway) - I can't decide if I want her badly enough though  :blush: She's gorgeous, I'm just worried about the type 3 wrists. I guess there's always rebodying if her wrists do break...

Blitzn

« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2014, 03:27:36 AM »
Weak wrists can be taped or covered up. Most J-doll are Type 3, but only some were prone to breaking altho I forget which ones they were (other than Marche).  I suspect it has to do with a process used during that period of time. I haven't rebodied a j-doll but I think some customizers said their heads can be a real pain to open up? 

I have replaced some wigs easily enough using a razor.  They're all the same sculpt so same size. I bought a random mohair wig second-hand that happened to fit, and just swap wigs around.

There really must be tons on the marketplace for the prices to be what they are, but I don't know that folks are still finding these at Tues Morning anymore (or maybe they're trickling in?).  The amazon prices fluctuate a lot but some of these sellers are pipe dreaming.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:36:37 AM by Blitzn »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2014, 08:13:17 AM »
Why did I never hear of these before? Are they not in the UK? *Googles*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2014, 01:02:35 PM »
I took some photos of my two newest girls:

Gran Via:

I didn't like her outfit, so I put her in a Barbie dress I had handy. I ordered a few outfits for her on eBay, so she won't stay in this dress. I also want to get her a red wig because I don't like her hair. I'm waiting to name her once I have her final look down.

In-sa-dong:

She wasn't on my list of J-Dolls I wanted, which I made based on photos of the dolls I found online. But once I saw her in person, I was in love. She's gorgeous and I adore her outfit. I mean, look how detailed her outfit is:

Her shoes aren't stock, I got them on eBay awhile back. They're actually kind of huge on her, despite being listed as Pullip shoes, but they look ok on her, I think. I've decided to name her Allison.

I'll have to do some better photoshoots with all three of my J-Dolls together soon.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #382 on: February 11, 2014, 02:08:17 AM »
I took some photos of my two newest girls:

Gran Via:

I didn't like her outfit, so I put her in a Barbie dress I had handy. I ordered a few outfits for her on eBay, so she won't stay in this dress. I also want to get her a red wig because I don't like her hair. I'm waiting to name her once I have her final look down.

In-sa-dong:

She wasn't on my list of J-Dolls I wanted, which I made based on photos of the dolls I found online. But once I saw her in person, I was in love. She's gorgeous and I adore her outfit. I mean, look how detailed her outfit is:

Her shoes aren't stock, I got them on eBay awhile back. They're actually kind of huge on her, despite being listed as Pullip shoes, but they look ok on her, I think. I've decided to name her Allison.

I'll have to do some better photoshoots with all three of my J-Dolls together soon.

nice dolls! i got in sa dong too .. i love her...

i want to know how the heck  did you get her shoes off though??  i can't seem to figure it out lol!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2014, 09:03:10 AM »
Sorry guys I ended up not working our truck was delayed.  I haven't forgotten!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
I actually couldn't get In-sa-dong's shoes off to remove the plastic they had wrapped around her legs and feet under her stockings. So I ended up cutting the straps off her shoes. And even that wasn't easy and I ended up cutting a small hole in one of her stockings in the process. Now her shoes are just regular heels.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
^ Oh my. That's some tough wrapping.   Your dolls are gorgeous though! In-sa-dong is so lovely in that dress and I adore her eyes.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2014, 06:25:37 PM »
I actually couldn't get In-sa-dong's shoes off to remove the plastic they had wrapped around her legs and feet under her stockings. So I ended up cutting the straps off her shoes. And even that wasn't easy and I ended up cutting a small hole in one of her stockings in the process. Now her shoes are just regular heels.

lol i was afraid of that! looks like mine will have to stay  in the plastic..

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 12, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »

lol i was afraid of that! looks like mine will have to stay  in the plastic..

I thought about leaving it, but I like to redress my dolls, so the shoes had to come off eventually. I actually just bought a bunch of clothes and shoes off eBay for my J-Dolls.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 12, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »
I love to redress mine too!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »
ShortyBoo your dolls are sooo cute!!

I checked my area, and it seems they don't like stocking the J-dolls/Pullips or anything since Peter pan! The only one that hasn't sold well was Dumbo so I'm totally confused about why my city doesn't get any. Phoenix does. :(

BUT Amazon has had some GREAT prices, and I have Prime so I'd definitely go there if I wanted to buy some more. 
My boyfriend got me Carrer de Montcada for Xmas from there when she was still $34. YIKES at her price now though @_@

Good luck to those of you hunting, and be safe in the snow if you have it!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal