collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: J-Dolls - $20 at Tuesday Morning!  (Read 32604 times)

Maggie_pie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: J-Dolls - $20 at Tuesday Morning!
« Reply #315 on: September 28, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
The store in my area had some and I got st sauveur and vasterlangggatan
I was so hoping they would have robson street as that is the one I most want. Not sure if am going to open these because I doubt I'll ever change their clothes. Very good deal.

The clerk said that they usually don't get these kind of shipments they just send them to big towns/cities so we got lucky.

Hope others are as well!!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 28, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
Aww that's awesome, congrats on finding those two pretties. :D

I'm pretty sure that's why we haven't gotten any, we aren't small but I think that's what they want us to believe. haha

For new/returning J-Doll fans, Everyone's updated wish lists are on page 20, reply #286
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:11:11 AM by TrixieStix »

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 30, 2013, 08:06:32 AM »
I found a pile of them at the one near me! Old Church ST, Lavalle, Belleville, and Napoleone.

I would love to trade Old Arbat for someone else like Abbot st.  I did take her out of the box, but I have the box still and all parts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2013, 09:53:31 AM »
 wow so lucky!! i looked at my Tuesday morning the other day but nope no j dolls..  :(  i'll keep checking back, maybe they will get some in, or who knows maybe i just mised them..

when you all are finding them do you find a bunch of them or just like 1 doll??   i guess it is hit and miss like hestias a few years back.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »
All the stores I want to had multiple dolls, but that was a few weeks ago. From what I've found it looks like there are 8 dolls to a case with a case assortment of 4 different dolls (the max number of dolls at any store around me on the first day they had them listed as in stock was 8 and the stores I went to all had 2 of each doll) so unless your store received multiple cases you're unlikely to find more than 4 different dolls at one store. That's just my guess though.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2013, 07:19:14 AM »
That makes sense.  I found 4 different ones at the store- and 7 of them. So someone bought the other Church St.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
That's nice, at least then maybe two different people would get new dolls instead of one person buying one of each that they saw.

I dreamt of them last night hahaha I came upon the motherlode! Maybe I'll venture out and try my luck despite the phone. I'd like to help :(

Maggie_pie

« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2013, 02:01:13 AM »
Same at the store here 4 different dolls with 2 each.

Does anyone know how many times a year they get them in stock?
And are they still making j-dolls? I haven't been able to
Find any recent information about them.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2013, 03:23:40 AM »

It isn't like that I don't think.  :) Since we are a closeout we buy leftover stock from other stores who push it out to make room.  Sometimes we get the same stuff every year (like out of season clothes) and sometimes we get something once and never again.  Our trucks are organized by category so we know we will get toys but not what kind or where from.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2013, 04:42:19 AM »
okay, I might just be hooked (maybe a little too late, duh) :freak:
could someone please advise me on how much it would approximately cost to send one, or send two (boxed) dolls overseas, to Hungary?
thank you in advance to anyone who can help!  :hug:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Maggie_pie

« Reply #325 on: October 04, 2013, 08:15:54 AM »

It isn't like that I don't think.  :) Since we are a closeout we buy leftover stock from other stores who push it out to make room.  Sometimes we get the same stuff every year (like out of season clothes) and sometimes we get something once and never again.  Our trucks are organized by category so we know we will get toys but not what kind or where from.

Thanks for explaining that I wasn't aware of that. I'll just have to check every once in awhile. I was so hoping that it was a regular shipment there are a few more I wanted to get. But I doubt my town will get them as we usually don't get these shipment. We never got the pullip dolls. Bummer.

I would love to find old church, carrer de montcada, kleber, and lavalle. If anyone finds these I would buy them from you. Or i have vasterlangggatan boxed to trade. I also have a nude st sauveur for trade.

Post Merge: October 04, 2013, 08:23:32 AM

okay, I might just be hooked (maybe a little too late, duh) :freak:
could someone please advise me on how much it would approximately cost to send one, or send two (boxed) dolls overseas, to Hungary?
thank you in advance to anyone who can help!  :hug:

For a one pound box it was $75-us dollars at least that was the price on the online calculator. That seems high though but maybe not. Might be cheaper to buy off ebay or something?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:23:32 AM by Maggie_pie »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 04, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
I think at this point, I'm just going to buy Abbott Street on eBay. So, quick question: what all clothes & shoes fit them? I want to start looking for more outfits for her.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »
So, quick question: what all clothes & shoes fit them? I want to start looking for more outfits for her.

There's a listing on Ebay for a J-Doll saying she has a Pullip type 4 body. I once saw another listing that said J-Doll can wear Momoko clothes. I haven't bought any to confirm though.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 04, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »
Yup, J-Dolls have either type 3 or type 4 Pullip bodies, so anything that fits those will fit J-Dolls too. Earlier J-Dolls will be type 3, later will be type 4, but I'm not sure exactly when/with which doll the switchover happened. Still, lots of stuff that fits a type 3 will still fit a type 4 and vice versa--type 3 is a bit curvier with larger hips and bust, type 4 is more slender. If an outfit isn't too fitted at the hips or bust it'll usually work all right for both types.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 04, 2013, 02:13:19 PM »
Yup, J-Dolls have either type 3 or type 4 Pullip bodies, so anything that fits those will fit J-Dolls too. Earlier J-Dolls will be type 3, later will be type 4, but I'm not sure exactly when/with which doll the switchover happened. Still, lots of stuff that fits a type 3 will still fit a type 4 and vice versa--type 3 is a bit curvier with larger hips and bust, type 4 is more slender. If an outfit isn't too fitted at the hips or bust it'll usually work all right for both types.
Seconded! ^  ^.^ Hips are the most problematic I find

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal