collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 85444 times)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #1110 on: January 13, 2014, 05:51:22 AM »
It's ok. I'm glad at least people on here get her and they all didn't get scooped up by scalpers.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 13, 2014, 06:39:26 AM »
I'm gonna continue to be the odd man oss and prefer the blue skin  :P But hopefully the popular opinion will be that people dont like it so they will give them all to meee muahah  :devious:

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #1112 on: January 13, 2014, 06:45:18 AM »
I'm gonna continue to be the odd man oss and prefer the blue skin  :P But hopefully the popular opinion will be that people dont like it so they will give them all to meee muahah  :devious:

I like the blue skin too! I think it looks like she does when all the blue is reflecting on her in the ice palace. But I also like the warmer tone of the coronation doll as I think it suits her for that point in the film.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 13, 2014, 07:24:51 AM »
I found a Color Splash Pocahontas doll at Savers yesterday! She's not complete, but she's very lovely! She's probably not worth much, but I was fine with the $3 price tag. XD I thought I saw some 90's Jasmine dolls, but they were from the mid-2000's so I didn't pick them up. I only collect 90's Jasmine dolls, which would be pretty much just my childhood dolls. It's been very hard resisting all the goodies on EBay. XD
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 13, 2014, 07:41:05 AM »
Wow, there is quite a difference in her skin! I prefer her less blue, haha. But I would still give my right arm for Snow Elsa :P

Bow Tie, congrats! I collect the 90's Jasmines too :)

Post Merge: January 13, 2014, 07:42:42 AM

I just got a second order of Disney Classic dolls (LOOK THEY KEEP DOING FREE SHIPPING SALES I CAN'T HELP IT). I've only opened three so far, so I have three more (well, maybe two - not 100% sure I'm keeping Maleficent). I took some pictures that I'll post later, but I opened Queen Elinor, Anna, and Jasmine. I REALLY love Jasmine's clothing fabric btw, and I was super-pleased to see that her jewelry is actually shiny. I had a Jasmine as a kid whose earrings were just painted a plain gold-ish color. I also had a problem with Queen Elinor's unboxing, in the sense that there was some plastic sticking out of her head where she was attached to the box. I had to shove it into her head, basically. I had the same problem with my Merida. :/

ALSO. Anyone with the Classic Anna unboxed: have you cut the ties holding her hair to her cape? How did you manage it without damaging either? I really want to be able to adjust her hair/have her try on different clothes, but I can't figure this out. :/ Any advice?

When Disney store has sales/deals it's always hard to resist :lol: Can't help you with the Anna doll since mine are still boxed. Hopefully somone can though :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:42:42 AM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
« Reply #1115 on: January 13, 2014, 07:44:51 AM »
I found a Color Splash Pocahontas doll at Savers yesterday! She's not complete, but she's very lovely! She's probably not worth much, but I was fine with the $3 price tag. XD I thought I saw some 90's Jasmine dolls, but they were from the mid-2000's so I didn't pick them up. I only collect 90's Jasmine dolls, which would be pretty much just my childhood dolls. It's been very hard resisting all the goodies on EBay. XD

Oh Color Splash Pocahontas is so beautiful! I really want her too. Congrats :D

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 13, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »
Awe! Thanks guys! She is really pretty! I wish she had more color in her hair. From viewing pictures online, while trying to figure out which Pocahontas I had, I noticed that she didn't really come with anything. Mine has her necklace and outfit, but is that all she came with? If so, then I guess mine is complete? I'm surprised she still had her necklace on.
-Bow Tie

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1117 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:28 AM »

I think that's one of the Pocahontas dolls I had as a child. I had more Pocahontas dolls than anything else.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 13, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »
Congrats on Color Splash Pocahantas, Bow Tie. :) Here's the commerical for her and John Smith.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMA-sY6PDu8  I think I have a Sun Colors Pocahantas. :)

Is anyone else checking the Disney Store website several times a day waiting for Classic Elsa to come back in stock?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 13, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »
Is anyone else checking the Disney Store website several times a day waiting for Classic Elsa to come back in stock?

Ponyfan

:blush:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 13, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
So I just wanted to give you guys an update on my shipping issue, in case anyone else runs into the same problem. (I was the one who was in too much of a rush to place my order for LE Elsa before she sold out that I didn't notice you needed a code for the free shipping deal.)

I knew I wouldn't be able to call the next day because of work, so I sent customer support an email. They sent me a polite email back saying that I was out of luck.

I figured their call center wouldn't be open on weekends, so I didn't try actually calling them until today. The woman I spoke with said that they couldn't reverse the shipping charge because the order was already processed. (Even though the doll isn't released for another 2 or 3 months...) and that they changed their policy so they can't offer gift cards or refunds after the fact anymore. But then she said as a one-time thing, I could have a $10 gift card e-mailed to me to help cover the cost of shipping. (Shipping for me was $13.) So, I'm happy enough with that. I had been feeling a little bitter about the whole thing (even though I realize it was my fault) because I've spent obscene amounts of money at the Disney Store lately, and the shipping and sales tax added 25% to the doll's cost...But we're all good now :)

So, if Mom e-mail!Customer Service doesn't give you the answer you want, ask Dad phone!Customer Service :P

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 13, 2014, 09:21:07 AM »
Thanks! I think I had her and a few other Pocahontas dolls as a kid, but I don't really remember. I do remember having a Pocahontas birthday party back in '96 when I turned 6. :lol: But I mostly had Jasmine dolls. She was my favorite princess as a child and I would love to have my collection back! :heart: One day though! I'm trying to restrict myself to just flea markets and antique/thrift shops for them.
-Bow Tie

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1122 on: January 13, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »
I remember Jasmine being my princess, but looking back through some of the dolls my mom kept, and images of what all was released, I think I had an obscene amount of Pocahontas dolls/fashions, or maybe I just wanted it all at that age.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 13, 2014, 09:44:46 AM »
According to my mother, I was never one for dolls. I hardly played with them, but when I look at pictures of Jasmine and Pocahontas, I remember having them. I told my mother she should have kept my ponies and dolls and she said she never expected her 23 year old daughter to want to play with toys at this age. XD
-Bow Tie

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 13, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

Ponyfan

I may be checking it obsessively..... Lol. I keep thinking they are going to come back in stock while I'm asleep and I'm going to wake up to find them sold out again lol.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal