collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 83260 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #630 on: November 04, 2013, 01:39:59 AM »
I read on the facebook page that Elsa has more snowflakes on her dress and Anna has more crystals-  they must be tiny diamonds for that price! 

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 04, 2013, 02:40:37 AM »
Argh, there are too many nice Frozen dolls! I already have the classic Disney Store Anna, but I guess I need Elsa to go with her. Then there are the two singing dolls who look pretty nifty even though Elsa's face looks weird. And then there's the set with Anna and Elsa together and packaged with 2 extra outfits. I really love that set, but at $70 it's more than I can justify spending on dolls. The LE ones are out of the question :P I wonder if the Anna and Elsa dolls from the two-pack will be available individually without the extra accessories. That Elsa looks so much prettier than the snow queen one *w*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 04, 2013, 04:58:28 AM »
Calico, can you post pictures of you Anna? I'm still deciding whether I want the Disney Store Frozen dolls, but I know they look 100 times better than the ones at Wal-Mart :P I just want to see if they look as nice IRL as they do in the stock photos ;)
My Wish List

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 04, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
Argh, there are too many nice Frozen dolls! I already have the classic Disney Store Anna, but I guess I need Elsa to go with her. Then there are the two singing dolls who look pretty nifty even though Elsa's face looks weird. And then there's the set with Anna and Elsa together and packaged with 2 extra outfits. I really love that set, but at $70 it's more than I can justify spending on dolls. The LE ones are out of the question :P I wonder if the Anna and Elsa dolls from the two-pack will be available individually without the extra accessories. That Elsa looks so much prettier than the snow queen one *w*

Starting on the 7th, Friends and Family starts and you get 25% off. It brings it down to $52. If that's more reasonable for you. :) I'm so getting it this weekend! :biggrin:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 04, 2013, 03:40:57 PM »
Oooh, thanks for the heads up, BowTie! I may just have to do that! Is that an online thing or is it in-store only?

I'm super bummed because my cat wreaked havoc on my room last night, and one of the casualties was my Anna doll's braid. A little bit of hair had gotten pulled loose from the braid. There was no fixing it without undoing part of the braid, so I got her hair wet, undid the braid up to the loose point, and tried to rebraid it. Disaster :( Her hair is just too short to work with. The white streak got lost halfway down, the braid gets messy at the bottom because there's not enough hair to work with, and at the very end of the braid, the hair sticks out everywhere instead of laying flat. Does anyone have any tips on fixing it? It makes me so sad to look at, because she was brand new and one of my favorite dolls. I'm at the point where I'd almost rather just buy a new one, but she wasn't inexpensive, and I'd hate to buy the same doll twice when I could spend the money on getting an Elsa instead.

Shenanigans, here's a really quick crappy picture I took of her. It's 10:30 here so there's noplace nice to take pictures and there's no light. I'll try to take a couple nicer pictures tomorrow. She really is adorable.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 05, 2013, 12:35:51 AM »
It is an in store and online promotion. My store gave me a small stack of 'em because they love me and I don't even buy a ton. I just talk to them a lot when I go on my breaks. :lol:

Oh man! That is such a shame! I'm so sorry to hear that your cat did that. That's one of the reasons I don't like cats. They just get into everything. :( I hope you can fix it or maybe use that 25% off to get a new Anna.
-Bow Tie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 05, 2013, 01:11:55 AM »
Oooh, thanks for the heads up, BowTie! I may just have to do that! Is that an online thing or is it in-store only?

I'm super bummed because my cat wreaked havoc on my room last night, and one of the casualties was my Anna doll's braid. A little bit of hair had gotten pulled loose from the braid. There was no fixing it without undoing part of the braid, so I got her hair wet, undid the braid up to the loose point, and tried to rebraid it. Disaster :( Her hair is just too short to work with. The white streak got lost halfway down, the braid gets messy at the bottom because there's not enough hair to work with, and at the very end of the braid, the hair sticks out everywhere instead of laying flat. Does anyone have any tips on fixing it? It makes me so sad to look at, because she was brand new and one of my favorite dolls. I'm at the point where I'd almost rather just buy a new one, but she wasn't inexpensive, and I'd hate to buy the same doll twice when I could spend the money on getting an Elsa instead.

Shenanigans, here's a really quick crappy picture I took of her. It's 10:30 here so there's noplace nice to take pictures and there's no light. I'll try to take a couple nicer pictures tomorrow. She really is adorable.

you might try putting some product in her hair before braiding?  Like gel?   She is really cute-

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:31 AM »
That's one of the reasons I don't like cats. They just get into everything.

That is exactly the same thing I say about dogs.  Except I still like dogs.  :)  We've had both cats and dogs and our cats never destroyed anything of mine or got into anything they shouldn't, with the exception of one cat who liked to lick photos (tasted good I guess) and another cat who liked to chew on tulle, so we'd keep those things put away or behind glass.  Our dogs on the other hand I could create an endless list of the things they got into, destroyed, broke, and messed up.  Yet I love them anyway. 

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 05, 2013, 05:35:35 AM »
Thanks for the pic, Calico! She's so beautiful, I'm gonna have get one :) It's a shame your cat did that to your doll though, aww :( I hope you can fix her.

I've never had cats, but I know puppies can be destructive! My black poodle has anxiety issues so whenever we would be gone for a while she would chew up the carpet or the wall.... And my sister's german shepherd chewed up and destroyed EVERYTHING. DVDs, laptops, cords, trash, anything she could get her mouth on. Her favorite thing was shoes though. My sister about lost it when the dog chewed up her wedding shoes and her son's first pair of baby shoes! She doesn't chew any more now that she's an adult which they're very glad of ;)

with the exception of one cat who liked to lick photos

:lmao: What a strange kitty :lol:
My Wish List

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 05, 2013, 05:44:54 AM »
I love disney dolls!!!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 05, 2013, 08:07:20 AM »
I'm sorry about your Anna doll Calico-Star. Does anyone knoe if all the Anna dolls have the white streak? I read a Frozen storybook and it explained the white streak in her hair but I noticed that all of the dolls I've seen even the ones in different clothes have the white streak. So is the white streak in her hair the way her hair is supposed to be all of the time or is it only after what happened in the book?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 06, 2013, 12:27:21 AM »
I figured someone might know what this is worth. It's Giselle's dress.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 07, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
SwordPony - Giselle is a popular doll so I would think at least $10-$13 for the dress. Maybe even $15 :) Nude Giselle dolls pop up on ebay sometimes so someone is bound to need the dress ;)

I love disney dolls!!!!

Same here :biggrin: I've gone a bit crazy this month... I think the couples dolls gave me a craving for more Disney :lookround: I'll have to show you guys my new dolls when a very special doll comes in that I've wanted for a long time :newpony:

My Wish List

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 08, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »
My fiance got me the Frozen set tonight! He didn't get me the singing dolls that come with the extra outfit, but I may wait 'til they go on sale or something. Not sure exactly what I want to do yet. I'm sad I won't be able to play with this set 'til after Christmas. :cry:

-Bow Tie

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 08, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
That set is gorgeous, Bow Tie! :dribble: I'm going back and forth over that set. It's so expensive, but I adore Anna's dress! XD
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal