collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Queen Chrysalis figure ?  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Chrysalis figure ?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 04:52:37 PM »
I'm really hoping that the reason we haven't seen her on Taobao yet-  is because they are SERIOUSLY revising her design.

I mean, they changed various things about some of the other ponies? So crossing my fingers that they will get a better design up for poor Chrysalis. 

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 04:38:51 AM »
TBH, I'm not overly-bothered by the show-inaccuracy.  Yes, the horn is the wrong shape.  But considering that Celestia is often much too dark a pink (she's supposed to be nearly white), I can see much worse mistakes.

Plus, re-using a pony mold is a lot less expensive than making an entirely new mold that you know in advance will only be used on ONE limited-release pony.  IIRC, Nightmare Moon was made from the Celestia mold, too.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 05:02:07 AM »
Even revising a mould is extremely expensive - I'd be surprised if Hasbro is going to do more than shoehorn Chrysalis into the default princess mould, because it's not cost effective for a single release in a single pack / no chance of reusing the alterations for other characters.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 06:18:11 AM »
I really don't expect that they're going to revise a mold or change it just for her, but it would be amazing if they did! Hasbro has made more bizarre choices regarding ponies and special molds in the past... Like Baby Honolu-loo's mold, Dance Around's mold, and Mochanut's mold.  All only used once!  Much to my sadness, since they're all adorable. :(

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 06:59:12 AM »
I'm surprised so many people are surprised, to be honest.  Hasbro would have had to make a whole new brush able mold for just that one character that couldn't be reused for another character.  If they had decided to do so now, we would probably be paying $50 for just that one pony.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 07:29:30 AM »
I understand what you say about making an extra mold being too expensive for the TRU Favourites Collection / simple Brushable.

But then

a) Don't release this character as a simple brushable but in some kind of Collector's Edition/Collectors Series at a higher price but with better execution
b) Do not release her at all

I doubt there will be many people out there who will love her for what she is like now. Even kids will resent it. I knew I did when I was a kid. I made my own toys out of clay instead. ^^

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:32:19 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 08:21:07 AM »
I'm surprised so many people are surprised, to be honest.  Hasbro would have had to make a whole new brush able mold for just that one character that couldn't be reused for another character.  If they had decided to do so now, we would probably be paying $50 for just that one pony.

Agreed. They can hardly bother making new molds for the regular ponies. Not to mention that this set is getting a very limited release. Available at only one store chain and it will not be available worldwide.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 08:34:12 AM »
I won't be surprised if she stays the same-  I expect she probably will.  But I can still hope  :biggrin:

... and then go ahead and buy a Chrysalis that rocks from Hannaliten

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »
I understand what you say about making an extra mold being too expensive for the TRU Favourites Collection / simple Brushable.

But then

a) Don't release this character as a simple brushable but in some kind of Collector's Edition/Collectors Series at a higher price but with better execution

I doubt there will be many people out there who will love her for what she is like now. Even kids will resent it. I knew I did when I was a kid. I made my own toys out of clay instead. ^^

I disagree that not making her at all is a solution.  The last thing I want is for Hasbro to not make new characters just because it isn't cost effective to make them show-accurate.  We would never get new characters that way!

I think the best we can hope for is that she is so popular in current form that they decide that she would sell well on her own as a collectors item, i.e. Nightmare Moon.  And make no mistake, we would still be paying out of the nose for it.

I also don't think that the majority of children will be all that bothered by her current incarnation.  A few, yes but not the majority.  All it takes is a little imagination and children have that in spades.

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »
I'm not interested in the favorite's collection but I do like the blindbag version.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »

But then

I disagree that not making her at all is a solution.  The last thing I want is for Hasbro to not make new characters just because it isn't cost effective to make them show-accurate.  We would never get new characters that way!

I think the best we can hope for is that she is so popular in current form that they decide that she would sell well on her own as a collectors item, i.e. Nightmare Moon.  And make no mistake, we would still be paying out of the nose for it.

I also don't think that the majority of children will be all that bothered by her current incarnation.  A few, yes but not the majority.  All it takes is a little imagination and children have that in spades.

Well, I HOPE you are right in that. I really do.

All I can say is that for me, personally, the low quality of the G4 toys has driven me away from collecting (current, I still have my G1) MLP and the Franchise in general, right into the arms of Mattel who are, for whatever reason, able to do a much better job. ..and I really want to like MLP and see Hasbro make awesome toys of it!
Seeing toys like this does not help respark anything within me, tho. :,C
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:51:27 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 10:50:13 AM »
I really don't expect that they're going to revise a mold or change it just for her, but it would be amazing if they did! Hasbro has made more bizarre choices regarding ponies and special molds in the past... Like Baby Honolu-loo's mold, Dance Around's mold, and Mochanut's mold.  All only used once!  Much to my sadness, since they're all adorable. :(

Honolu-loo was in a relatively expensive playset (compared to a single).  The other two moulds were generic enough they could well have been used for other characters down the line, but it was at the tail end of G3 / changeover to 3.5.  Probably there were plans to re-use Dance Around / Mochanut's moulds, but they got tossed in favour of the Bore Seven.

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »
I don't mind that Chrysalis brushable is 'cheap'. Yes I'd prefer if she was in a whole new mold too, but I'm happy with her and I'd buy her anyway.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
I will buy her eventueally since she is one of my favourite characters. I have a White Celestia comming soon wich will be also transformed into Chrysalis.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 01:52:38 PM »
While I don't expect them to change Chrysallis, I'm hopeful for it.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal