collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay: anyone (sellers) having issues with "ship to" countries?  (Read 405 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Since USPS has made exclusions for international postage that can be purchased online, I recently updated all of my auctions so that I only ship to countries for which I can still buy online postage. (I work during the week & have a one year old, so trips to the post office are not easy or practical. I pretty much exclusively use USPS's "at home" services - printing postage & having packages picked up by my mail carrier.)

So my question is this: when you select countries/regions that you don't ship to, isn't eBay supposed to block bids/BINs from buyers in those countries?

I just had someone purchase an auction via BIN & *after* purchasing they asked if I will ship to their country. :faint: This is especially frustrating as I've already had 3 non-paying bidders in the last 2 weeks, and I have a feeling that I'm about to have a 4th. :(

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: eBay: anyone (sellers) having issues with "ship to" countries?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
oooh awkward!  I would be on the phone with Ebay for this one. It should have saved your preferences but clearly it isn't...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:45:13 AM »

I just had someone purchase an auction via BIN & *after* purchasing they asked if I will ship to their country. :faint:

This is extremely rude of them. We all want to bid on foreign country auctions sometimes but the way to go is to ask - before bidding!
It doesn't hurt to ask and then the seller can do whatever they wish to, agree, say no, or just ignore the question.
I'll never understand the people who decide to bid first and ask questions later. It's so selfish, they always think they are in the right. You even see them come here and complain about it! Like "I forced my bid in, now the seller won't ship to me, where do I report them!?"  :rolleyes:

So my question is this: when you select countries/regions that you don't ship to, isn't eBay supposed to block bids/BINs from buyers in those countries?

I don't think it works like that, not always, not sure why though?
I guess it *should* always be like that but, yeah, it does happen that people manage to bid anyway...

-

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 07:48:12 AM »
Thanks. :)

Well after this buyer purchased with BIN, I sent her an invoice & told her that if she paid I would ship to her, even though I don't typically ship to her country. She paid this morning with no additional communication, so I'm hoping this sale just goes smoothly from here on.

I will be double checking all of my settings before I relist anything... just in case I made a mistake in my "shipping exclusions".

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »
I haven't encountered that yet Kit. I thought about changing my preferences but the PO is not far for me. So I didn't.

Did you have to create an exclusion list for the countries you don't ship to? In which  I mean when you set up your preferences, did you have to go under site preferences then shipping preferences and then click edit to exclude shipping locations from your listings? Because if you did all that ebay should be blocking them.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 05:33:27 PM »
I haven't encountered that yet Kit. I thought about changing my preferences but the PO is not far for me. So I didn't.

Did you have to create an exclusion list for the countries you don't ship to? In which  I mean when you set up your preferences, did you have to go under site preferences then shipping preferences and then click edit to exclude shipping locations from your listings? Because if you did all that ebay should be blocking them.

Yes, I did create an exclusion list, but every time I put up a new listing it had not saved the list & I had to create it again. After looking through all of my listings, I'm guessing there was a glitch in ebay's system.  :nuts:

At this point, the buyer paid & I'm sending their package tomorrow, so I'm hoping this is a one-off error & I'll just move on.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal