collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flickr's changes  (Read 1887 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr's changes
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
I actually love the first page. Other then that, I don't like how the gallery pages seem to be like tumblr. meh.

But I REALLY hate when websites roll out these crazy/drastic pages out of no where. testing? feedback? opt out? ugh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 07:11:49 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/activity Shows acitivty the old way. :3

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 06:11:41 AM »
I think Tumblr might end up doing something like Flickr or DA where you have to be "over 18" to see adult content.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »
I think Tumblr might end up doing something like Flickr or DA where you have to be "over 18" to see adult content.
I actually wouldn't mind that, tbh (but I'm also 24 and that wouldn't mean anything to me whoops).

I'm starting to get.. a little more used to the new flickr, the app on the phone is derping out something fierce for me (won't show my photostream, but I also haven't checked it since my phone last died on me and shut off, so.) I think my biggest pet peeve with the thing right now is that dang cover photo. The height on it is so small, that you can't crop anything nicely.. even my beautiful shot of my pho doesn't crop right for the height uuuugh.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »
Apparently the ?details=1 trick doesn't work in sets, which is incredibly annoying.

They've added some white space back to photostreams, which really helps. Now to just hope they remove infinite scrolling (for two pages. . .dumbest thing ever).

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 02:53:24 AM »
I'm trying to get used to the new Flickr but it's really hard to like it... :(  I don't mind the photostream view and bad as my laptop is, it still loads the pictures fine - I've heard many have problems with slow loading. However, I really dislike the endless scrolling (I was trying to go to "Help" the other day to check something, and it was almost impossible to get to the end of the page where the links are! Ctrl+End = no use) and the navigation is really difficult. For example, when I view one of the pictures larger, how do I get back to the photostream or group main / front page view?? I see no other way than clicking "[person x's] photostream" on the right where the stats are - so slow! And it always takes you to the beginning of the stream, right? There should be an option to close the "lightbox view" or whatever the close up is called and go back to the stream - like on Facebook.

I would very much like to move to Ipernity - the site looks like the classic Flickr used to, easy to navigate. Some of my friends have already moved there, but I'm hesitating... I've been using Flickr since 2007, I only post my mail art work there (no photos) and now with the added space it's quite fun to be able to view pretty much every piece of art I've done since. And there's the community aspect, I'm a member of several groups which are the main reason I use Flickr. So I wouldn't want to delete my account or anything, and joining Ipernity would mean I'd have one more site to upload my work to... I already post on deviantART (selected pieces), Facebook (again selectively), and several yahoo! groups (group theme related pics or pieces made for the group trades). I don't know what to do, argh. Thank you very much for this unwelcome change, Flickr.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal