collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37518 times)

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #615 on: June 04, 2013, 08:59:56 PM »
I will have to wait to see the dolls in stores because right now they're totally not doing it for me.  I guess I envisioned them differently.  But maybe with the release of these dolls ill be able to find MH dolls easier lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #616 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:30 PM »
While I figure Briar is a POC, I hear you about representation. Briar is Ambiguously Brown, and Cedar is dark-skinned but is literally made of wood. If Briar isn't intended to be POC, the only POC that isn't a background character isn't even human.

/sj rant

I think "ambiguously brown" nails it.
I simply assumed Cedar was supposed to look stereotypically Italian with the wood aspect only being a minor feature on her limbs.

Oh, and that just occurred to me: what if they'd introduce original "Aladdin" and the princess from hist story later on? Have them be Chinese. That would be so cool!

Haha, I would love that! But chances are slim - considering the average bear doesn't even know there is a genie of the ring, I doubt they would pull a nerdy move like that and use the original story.

...If they did though, there would still be a few well-known character from 1001 Nights to use. Sindbad would be a great choice (handsome guy, sailor/ocean theme for clothing!) and while it's a bit meta, Scheherazade would be fantastic as charismatic booky type.  Scratch that, she could be the perfect for a teacher:biggrin: 

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 04, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
People have been going on about beastiality? Everyone I saw was simply amused by the prospect, not offended. But I think everyone I followed assumed a werewolf. And after all the earliest version I know of , it's a werewolf as the wolf.

Oh, yeah, I didn't mean I'd seen offence, just far too many amused/squicked/OMG DID ANYONE ELSE THINK OF... (no, no one else in the history of ever :rolleyes:) posts about it and I'm just tired of it being all up in the tag XD I haven't seen the MH tag babble on like that about Lala x Clawd = bestiality, so why Red x werewolf should be any different is beyond me :lol:

I really really hope we start seeing EAH in stores in July rather than having to waaaait until fall.....
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Rockwella

« Reply #618 on: June 04, 2013, 10:05:38 PM »
They always seem to be out months before they say the release is. Lalaloopsy is famous for that!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 05, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »
While I figure Briar is a POC, I hear you about representation. Briar is Ambiguously Brown, and Cedar is dark-skinned but is literally made of wood. If Briar isn't intended to be POC, the only POC that isn't a background character isn't even human.

/sj rant

I think "ambiguously brown" nails it.
I simply assumed Cedar was supposed to look stereotypically Italian with the wood aspect only being a minor feature on her limbs.

Oh, and that just occurred to me: what if they'd introduce original "Aladdin" and the princess from hist story later on? Have them be Chinese. That would be so cool!

Haha, I would love that! But chances are slim - considering the average bear doesn't even know there is a genie of the ring, I doubt they would pull a nerdy move like that and use the original story.

...If they did though, there would still be a few well-known character from 1001 Nights to use. Sindbad would be a great choice (handsome guy, sailor/ocean theme for clothing!) and while it's a bit meta, Scheherazade would be fantastic as charismatic booky type.  Scratch that, she could be the perfect for a teacher:biggrin:

I'm not actually thinking they would do it (for the reasons you have just stated). People are just too unfamiliar with the Chinese version. I was merely wishing for something I'd love to see ^^

Oh, I'd take Sindbad over the Huntsman any day, bwaha :cool:

Offline SparklerGirl

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 05, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
Can we let the race thing go long enough to see what the dolls are even going to look like. I don't come here to read page after page of complaints! I'd like to actually see news about the line!

Agreed!  :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 05, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »
Can we let the race thing go long enough to see what the dolls are even going to look like. I don't come here to read page after page of complaints! I'd like to actually see news about the line!

I don't see pages and pages of complaints about race.  I see some people saying here and there that they personally would like some diversity. See lots of other comments about everything else in the world from the outfits they are wearing, to their face molds, to whether or not Little Red was the product of a werewolf or bestiality.

Why is wishing for a Chinese character (say) any more problematic than wishing that Cupid had bone wings instead of feathered wings?  Or any of those other topics?  We're all entitled to our own opinions- isn't the whole point of the thread to discuss this stuff?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 05, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »

I don't see pages and pages of complaints about race.  I see some people saying here and there that they personally would like some diversity. See lots of other comments about everything else in the world from the outfits they are wearing, to their face molds, to whether or not Little Red was the product of a werewolf or bestiality.

Why is wishing for a Chinese character (say) any more problematic than wishing that Cupid had bone wings instead of feathered wings?  Or any of those other topics?  We're all entitled to our own opinions- isn't the whole point of the thread to discuss this stuff?

Heh, yeah, this thread is called Ever After High Discussion and not Ever After High News ^^#
Maybe create a new thread for just the bare-naked infos? This thread will obviously be about the same stuff over and over again until we have more webisodes, pics of the actual dolls, etc.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 05, 2013, 03:54:59 PM »
Really we need this thread either moved to the Dollhouse or to start a new one there, because though they're made by Mattel, they're not MH.

Offline SparklerGirl

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 05, 2013, 04:42:37 PM »
Well, we agree to disagree.  Personally I was just enjoying the excitement of the new line, and it seemed like many others were too.  The thread did seem to take a negative turn once the race topic came up, and it became more about a perceived lack of political correctness.  Yes we are all entitled to our opinion.  This is mine.  I come here for a dolly escape, not for debates and complaints.  I get enough of that at work and elsewhere in life.  ;)

I do wish we didn't have to wait so long for the actual dolls, that's for sure.  I can't wait to see them in person!  :)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #625 on: June 05, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
It's bad enough on tumblr and Facebook. Could we at least not have it here too?

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 05, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
Can't we all just get along?

As the thread starter I'd
A. Prefer if the thread were to stay in the MH sub forum as it's still MH related being a "sister" line (but of course would abide by mod suggestions...I did in fact ask a mod if it was ok to start the thread here in the MH forum BEFORE I did it after all)
 B. Am ok with folks discussing race/issues/boney wings as long as it moves the topic forward and doesn't "fester"
   C.Just want us to all have fun talking about our love for this new line thats by some of our favorite creators
 :biggrin:

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 05, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
I do think EAH should be considered part of MH as they are the same universe if it wasn't how could cupid go there perhaps it should be made into a sub forum and the new MH arena

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 05, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »
I just want to find out what Little Bo Peep's daughter's name is.
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 05, 2013, 08:27:41 PM »
I just want to find out what Little Bo Peep's daughter's name is.
ooooooooh me too

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal