collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37546 times)

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #510 on: June 02, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »
She SO looks like Amy Lee! I knew the doll reminded me of someone/something. I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
My question is this:

Where the 'h' is Maleficent?!

My answer is:

There are already several pages of talk about the so called "Maleficent" when you go back in this thread ;)
I still think they won't do a character like her because her design and motivation would have to differ a lot from Raven to make them both unique characters.
The entire cool characterization for the baddie from Sleeping Beauty came from Disney and EAH is not linked to Disney. So they would have to come up with an entirely new outfit/theme/etc. for her.

But Maleficent IS a lot different in character than Raven. First of all, she is a fairy so there is a pretty big difference and unlike the Evil Queen in Snow White's tale she goes after the princess because Sleeping Beauty's parents scorned her and she wanted to get back at them, not jealousy like the Evil Queen/Raven. Besides, it is not like Disney owns the rights to the name Maleficent or anything so there wouldn't be a lawsuit...at least there shouldn't be.

All I am saying is, that it does not make sense to have Sleeping Beauty represented and not the villain that goes with her. *shrug*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »
I would love to have Maleficent represented- she is one of my most favorite characters ever!  But  as "Raven" seems to be the main character here- and the story seems to be somewhat like the 500 Kingdoms and/or Wicked - I think having two "dark" characters that have to much in common would mess with the dynamic of the story too much.

I'm really enjoying these webisodes btw-  I can't wait for another one!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #513 on: June 02, 2013, 02:32:43 PM »

http://bratzboulevard.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/bratzillaz-fall-2013-prototypes.jpg
Lower right-hand corner, ladybug and/or spider chick (she has four arms)

Wow I didn't knew that O-o the green one wit the fluffy stuff is the Jinafire ripoff? is hard to see in that pic wit a lot of pixels  :blink:

The ladybug one's hairdo and eyebrows remind me of Foxy from one piece   :lol: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Foxy

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 02, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »

http://bratzboulevard.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/bratzillaz-fall-2013-prototypes.jpg
Lower right-hand corner, ladybug and/or spider chick (she has four arms)

Wow I didn't knew that O-o the green one wit the fluffy stuff is the Jinafire ripoff? is hard to see in that pic wit a lot of pixels  :blink:

The others are in the background and hard to make out. One is a "skeleton witch from India" and one is a "Chinese Dragon witch" named 'Victoria Antique'.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 02, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Oooh- that ladybug spider chick is interesting! Wish I could see her better-

I was just noticing that the dress that Daughter of Goldilocks is wearing- looks a LOT like one of those Lolita prints by Angelic Pretty or one of those designers-  compare
 or http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/r/dream-of-lolita-sugary-carnival-jsk-dress-blue-3-dl-219.jpg to visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »
Totally!

Most of the outfits are so super Loli-Inspired.. I actually like that. I so-- hope to be able to snatch some pretty dresses for Rochelle and Catrine. *v*
This is why I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the dresses will be MH-like quality. :heart:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2013, 03:13:54 PM »
I really like Blondie! I love that her dress is so similar to the Angelic Pretty one! :) Thanks for posting the picture! :D
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 02, 2013, 03:24:06 PM »
I have pretty high hopes based on the Monster High outfits too-  I love some of the costumes they've come up with- and of course the shoes and accessories are amazing too.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 02, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »
Raven's doll's face reminds me of Amy Lee from Evanescence.
Oh god it totally does XD

... my need has totally redoubled XD

*GASP* MINE TOO! Swoooon!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 02, 2013, 03:59:11 PM »
It looks like Kitty Chessire has a hat that has ears on it instead of actual cat ears.  I think it would have made more sense if she was a humaid cat like part cat part human.  Instead, she's basically a person in a cat costume.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #521 on: June 02, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
Didn't a bunch of people complain that there were to many werecats in MH? You can't make everyone happy

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 02, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
I wish people would stop bringing up a Maleficent doll. Maleficent is a Disney character, their interpretation of the faerie that cursed Sleeping Beauty, and all nicely trademarked. If the line does a doll based on the same faerie, it will not be Maleficent or Maleficent based. Mattel would get into serious legal trouble, and why would they risk that? They already produce the Disney dolls as it is, they aren't about to risk one of their biggest contracts! They would do their own interpretation, as they properly should.

/人 ‿‿ 人\

animal_lover

« Reply #523 on: June 02, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
I think they should have at least went with a cat ear headband for kitty, instead of the mickey mouse ears hat turned cat ears.

Or like someone else said on here, have the ability to turn into a cat. Since the cheshire cat could disappear and what not.

I just thought of something last night while I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. How awesome would it be if they did a caterpillar character doll?!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 02, 2013, 04:31:11 PM »
Totally!

Most of the outfits are so super Loli-Inspired.. I actually like that. I so-- hope to be able to snatch some pretty dresses for Rochelle and Catrine. *v*
This is why I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the dresses will be MH-like quality. :heart:

Yes! I LOVE all the sorta- to full-on lolita dresses. Blondie's is super gorgeous and pretty much just like that AP dress, with teddy bears instead! :biggrin: I've always wanted playline dolls dressed in loli-inspired fashions... all the AP and Innocent World etc collabs that Groove does with Pullip/Dal/Byul are absolutely wonderful, but not impulse buys (for me). EAH will more inexpensively fill the void in my heart :D

I wish people would stop bringing up a Maleficent doll. Maleficent is a Disney character, their interpretation of the faerie that cursed Sleeping Beauty, and all nicely trademarked. If the line does a doll based on the same faerie, it will not be Maleficent or Maleficent based. Mattel would get into serious legal trouble, and why would they risk that? They already produce the Disney dolls as it is, they aren't about to risk one of their biggest contracts! They would do their own interpretation, as they properly should.

This. :like: And Maleficent is in OUAT because it's an ABC (Disney affiliated) production, so... yeah. Nobody can just make their own Maleficent willy-nilly because she belongs to Disney. Evil fairy fulfilling the same role in the Sleeping Beauty story, sure! But anything based specifically on the green-skinned woman with a two-peaked headdress, who can turn into a dragon? Nopers.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal