collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37554 times)

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2013, 08:26:10 PM »
I can't wait to see the designs! I wonder if there will be webisodes or TV specials too.

I think/hope it will be pretty much an exact copy of MH. Tho probably a lot more 'tame', to cash in on those parents that have always refused to buy 'THEM UGLY MONSTER DOLLS' for their children. ;c

Them ugly monster dolls.  Hehe.
One of my friends was looking at MH dolls, and a woman with her daughter walked past, looking at MH and said. "Those are F*cking ugly dolls" right in front of her little girl and them proceeded to call the Bratz beautiful. Which confused us both, because to me MH are definitely more aesthetically pleasing.
What the heck?  :lol: Monster high dolls are def. more aesthetically pleasing,I admit I do have a few Bratz too but not nearly as many as I have MH dolls! I do kinda like the new Bratz that have been released for 2013 though,Heh.  :blush:

I hope no Bratz fan will take this personally now, but I think Bratz look insultingly sexualized.
Sure, MHs are sexualized as well, but Bratz look like this uncanny mix of Donatella Versace and a blow-up doll. Their sultry facial expression don't help  u__u#

I'm taking it personal because you compared them to blow-up dolls.  There are some very beautiful blow-up dolls available.

Just kidding. 

I agree whole heartedly.  My biggest complaint about Bratz dolls is their huge lips!  I think MH dolls look more like wholesome teenagers, as unlikely as that sounds.
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
The lips on Bratz are what scared me off. Some women/dolls can look great with huge lips, but it's like the Bratz slapped two large salmon on their face.

No offense to Bratz fans.

But it really is a shame because the Bratz line has some really great ideas and beautiful costumes and outfits for their dolls. And the dolls have nice hair. But the lips....oh the lips.....
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »
I can't wait to see the designs! I wonder if there will be webisodes or TV specials too.

I think/hope it will be pretty much an exact copy of MH. Tho probably a lot more 'tame', to cash in on those parents that have always refused to buy 'THEM UGLY MONSTER DOLLS' for their children. ;c

One of my friends was looking at MH dolls, and a woman with her daughter walked past, looking at MH and said. "Those are F*cking ugly dolls" right in front of her little girl and them proceeded to call the Bratz beautiful. Which confused us both, because to me MH are definitely more aesthetically pleasing.
What the heck?  :lol: Monster high dolls are def. more aesthetically pleasing,I admit I do have a few Bratz too but not nearly as many as I have MH dolls! I do kinda like the new Bratz that have been released for 2013 though,Heh.  :blush:

I hope no Bratz fan will take this personally now, but I think Bratz look insultingly sexualized.
Sure, MHs are sexualized as well, but Bratz look like this uncanny mix of Donatella Versace and a blow-up doll. Their sultry facial expression don't help  u__u#

I'm taking it personal because you compared them to blow-up dolls.  There are some very beautiful blow-up dolls available.

Just kidding. 

I agree whole heartedly.  My biggest complaint about Bratz dolls is their huge lips!  I think MH dolls look more like wholesome teenagers, as unlikely as that sounds.

Duuuude, reading your first few lines my heart skipped a beat!! XD
I always try to make sure that by criticizing something I don't mean to attack its fans. Different strokes for diferent folks and all.

The lips on Bratz are what scared me off. Some women/dolls can look great with huge lips, but it's like the Bratz slapped two large salmon on their face.

No offense to Bratz fans.

But it really is a shame because the Bratz line has some really great ideas and beautiful costumes and outfits for their dolls. And the dolls have nice hair. But the lips....oh the lips.....

Yeaaahhh, the lips do not work on that face. To be honest, they also remind me a bit of those racial caricatures from the 20s/30/40s :/
And I am such a woman with "kissy" lips XD
I think it's obvious we don't have anything against big lips, but against the look of it on the Bratz faces. They just look so bloated and flat, haha! Like an allergic reaction.

Ok, enough with the Bratz hate.
I also think they had some cool ideas in the past (the cancer awareness dolls are one of those!). Too bad they're more focused on copying other toy companies right now... Jada Toys, Mattel's Monster High. Ehhh, they can do better!

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »

I do agree completely on that xD No matter what I always have to take acetone to make the lips smaller too,Annd probably 99% of the time they get repainted too,I can't stand having them with their original paint ._.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
I keep re-visiting the website in hopes something has changed, but nada so far!  >_<

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
Anyone know when these are due?

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys
Check out my web store: https://www.gaspodesponies.com

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »
Sparkly! *@_@* TOO MUCH EXCITE
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2013, 03:10:32 PM »
oh look at all the sparkles! squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Also,i was exploring the sites again, whats with all the ravens/black birds? they keep adding em, there was one now it seems like there's 3 or 4

animal_lover

« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
I freaking love the art for this line! I bet the boxes are going to be ridiculously awesome!

Post Merge: May 27, 2013, 03:15:47 PM

I'm so excited to finally possibly start collecting a line at the very beginning of it's release!!

I was about 20 years late for collecting LPS(not including the few sets I had as a kid), and 3 for collecting Monster High! Lol
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:15:47 PM by animal_lover »

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2013, 04:58:29 PM »
Also,i was exploring the sites again, whats with all the ravens/black birds? they keep adding em, there was one now it seems like there's 3 or 4

Aha! So I wasn't seeing things! I noticed that too. Come onnn just let us seeee Dx

WhiteHeather

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2013, 05:13:18 PM »
God, I cannot wait to see more of this line.  I'm really excited since I've always been really into fairy tales.  I had pretty much decided I wouldn't buy anymore MH stuff unless it was something absolutely incredible, and then they go and throw this at me.  I'm almost hoping they won't be as awesome as I think they will just so I don't have to figure out a place to put them!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »
Aha! So I wasn't seeing things! I noticed that too. Come onnn just let us seeee Dx
Nope, not just you, can't wait to find out what it means...

here's another sparkly image...it was originally an animated gif with the key swinging back and forth, but didn't download animated for some reason

Offline platypup

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
I'm so excited about this, even my boyfriend is making fun of me (he recognizes the site's song!).

Have you noticed the log in page in "everafterhigh.com"? Was it there before?

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »
Ohhh!  :biggrin: It's only a page holder, but it exxiissttss!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal