collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37581 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »
Oh yeah I never said I DIDN'T have a problem XD

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »
As long as they're even vaguely Lolita I'll love them.
I've always wanted a Pullip or two, I hope these will be similar but more affordable. And with different face moulds too :)
:heart:

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »
I can't wait to see the designs! I wonder if there will be webisodes or TV specials too.

It's interesting that Cupid is moving to this new franchise. I wonder if she will get a rerelease. Although Cupid leaving means I can't build on my conspiracy theory about her trying to steal Clawd. Oh well!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »
I can't wait to see the designs! I wonder if there will be webisodes or TV specials too.

I think/hope it will be pretty much an exact copy of MH. Tho probably a lot more 'tame', to cash in on those parents that have always refused to buy 'THEM UGLY MONSTER DOLLS' for their children. ;c

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2013, 10:59:55 AM »
Probably. I hope they keep they same body, but make the faces a little bit softer; a lot of the MH girls have way too severe features for me. Like I love how Ghoulia looks when she's drawn, but her doll looks so angry and pointy to me. I'd prefer them with a softer, rounder face sculpt like frankies or lagoonas.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »

I think/hope it will be pretty much an exact copy of MH. Tho probably a lot more 'tame', to cash in on those parents that have always refused to buy 'THEM UGLY MONSTER DOLLS' for their children. ;c

Them ugly monster dolls.  Hehe.
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »

One of my friends was looking at MH dolls, and a woman with her daughter walked past, looking at MH and said. "Those are F*cking ugly dolls" right in front of her little girl and them proceeded to call the Bratz beautiful. Which confused us both, because to me MH are definitely more aesthetically pleasing.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Midnight_Echo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »
One thing that I love about Pullips is how decedent their clothes and dresses are. So I have hope, based on these silhouettes that there will be some amazing outfits for these new girls.

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2013, 02:25:28 PM »
Oh thanks for this thread I'm so out of the loop right atm and knew nothing of these. I have a feeling I will need most if not all lol. Esp any Alice ones!!

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys
Check out my web store: https://www.gaspodesponies.com

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »

Mhhh... I don't know, Kimmy.
At first I thought of the nagging parents as well but then I thought of all the customs people were making of the ghouls.
All the pretty human dollies with half-closed eyes, self-made fashions that resembled the Pullip style... Mattel have their spies everywhere. If not, they wouldn't release more and more "fan favorites" (Scarah, Heath, now they even trademarked Slow-Moe).
Ever After High also seems to have slightly more boy characters from the get-go (unlike MH who only had Deuce).

It looks to me as though they have done their homework and thought: "Hey, this is what our fanbase wants and if we can cash in on the princess craze, that's a plus".
Or maybe it's just everything mashed together X)

animal_lover

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »
They're going to make a Slow-Moe???!!! I will seriously die of excitement if that's the case!!! I LOVE my ghoulia to pieces and she needs her man!!!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2013, 11:32:23 PM »
I'm super intrigued by this line! My only concern is that they'll be too "butterflies and rainbows" and not really goth/dark like monster high is. That whole concept and how different they are compared to everything else out there is really what drew me in to monster high.

And I really hope they make a beauty and the beast inspired character!

I was a little scared about them being too 'butterflies and rainbows' as well, but if they are from the same creators as Monster High, then I bet they will be very creative with these. I have high hopes for them.

Probably. I hope they keep they same body, but make the faces a little bit softer; a lot of the MH girls have way too severe features for me. Like I love how Ghoulia looks when she's drawn, but her doll looks so angry and pointy to me. I'd prefer them with a softer, rounder face sculpt like frankies or lagoonas.

I agree with this. I think Ghoulia is adorable in the show and she's one of my favorite characters. Her doll looks nothing like her. Actually, all her dolls look so evil. She needs a Lagoona-like face. Round and soft with the big innocent eyes.

I am very intrigued with this line too. I had no idea of its existance until today. The werecat lover in me hopes they make a doll of the Cheshire Cat. :D
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

nyanpotato

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2013, 06:48:20 PM »

One of my friends was looking at MH dolls, and a woman with her daughter walked past, looking at MH and said. "Those are F*cking ugly dolls" right in front of her little girl and them proceeded to call the Bratz beautiful. Which confused us both, because to me MH are definitely more aesthetically pleasing.
What the heck?  :lol: Monster high dolls are def. more aesthetically pleasing,I admit I do have a few Bratz too but not nearly as many as I have MH dolls! I do kinda like the new Bratz that have been released for 2013 though,Heh.  :blush:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »
My three-eyed-ghoul is more beautiful than most women I'd run into on any given day! Muahahaha!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »

What the heck?  :lol: Monster high dolls are def. more aesthetically pleasing,I admit I do have a few Bratz too but not nearly as many as I have MH dolls! I do kinda like the new Bratz that have been released for 2013 though,Heh.  :blush:

I hope no Bratz fan will take this personally now, but I think Bratz look insultingly sexualized.
Sure, MHs are sexualized as well, but Bratz look like this uncanny mix of Donatella Versace and a blow-up doll. Their sultry facial expression don't help  u__u#

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal