collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What pony merch would you love love love to see?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Re: What pony merch would you love love love to see?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 09:26:31 AM »
I want G2 stuff too -  I feel like Hasbro tries to pretend G2 didn't exist.

I know! :mad: They were so pretty, and the babies were to die for!

Oh I agree there....I loved G2 as a child, and the computer game was so nice!....I wish Hasbro would do a whole line of products for one of their anniversaries and just make loads of G1, G2, and G3....I would be happy then.

Now that's an idea! :biggrin: Who wouldn't love to see that though? ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:49 AM »
I'd also love to see fan submitted ponies in an online shop where you can purchase them and others can purchase your designs too and they're straight out of the factory. They'd come with customized backcards, too, and a card. You could do blindbags or brushables. The most popular ones could get a retail release.

Not sure about the voting other than as a once or twice thing, but I'd love this, especially if you could pick different gens and poses and materials - I'd love to get a G4 Perfume Puff!

I dreamed of getting a custom Barbie when they offered online customs, but they cost something like $80, which seemed insurmountably expensive, especially as a kid. Apparently they still offer a similar service for cheaper, but you choose from a pool of eight "custom" dolls instead of getting to pick their features individually. Er, anyway.

We definitely need more merch for all the gens. I'd especially love more wearable things like clothes and accessories. And G2 plush toys. And I love the tranquil look of the porcelain figures, let's have more of those! And anything with pastel, watercolor-looking art...

shadowdreamer

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »
I'd also love to see fan submitted ponies in an online shop where you can purchase them and others can purchase your designs too and they're straight out of the factory. They'd come with customized backcards, too, and a card. You could do blindbags or brushables. The most popular ones could get a retail release.

Not sure about the voting other than as a once or twice thing, but I'd love this, especially if you could pick different gens and poses and materials - I'd love to get a G4 Perfume Puff!

I dreamed of getting a custom Barbie when they offered online customs, but they cost something like $80, which seemed insurmountably expensive, especially as a kid. Apparently they still offer a similar service for cheaper, but you choose from a pool of eight "custom" dolls instead of getting to pick their features individually. Er, anyway.

We definitely need more merch for all the gens. I'd especially love more wearable things like clothes and accessories. And G2 plush toys. And I love the tranquil look of the porcelain figures, let's have more of those! And anything with pastel, watercolor-looking art...

Oh my gosh, an online pony maker would be great!! Maybe...like...a 10 dollar base, and some things are free and other things are a dollar or two, like rainbow hair would be more expensive then bright pink hair, so just depending, and you could pick a cutiemark or submit your own! I would get a G2 version of my own persona, Shadow Dreamer.   G2 plushies are a must have! Porcelain figures are my downfall, I would be so poor if they made porcelain figures! XD

StarberryTart

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 01:59:38 PM »

Fans and collectors vote on what official ponies get a release.

All the previous gens as G4s.

YES! "Build-Your-Own" ponies would be FANTASTIC and SUCH a money maker! Think of all the ponysonas and OCs out there.

I'd be buying about 20 right off the bat, not including any OCs that I would see in the shop that might be too adorable for words. I have a lot of OCs. ^^;

And votes would definitely be once. I love polls, but I like them to be fair. None of this voting once a day or vote five times a day or whatever. That's a huge bias and I wonder why companies actually do that at all.

Or did you mean it happening once or twice? Oh I definitely don't want fans to be in control ALL the time or most of the time, but it would be nice to vote on, say, the Favorites Collection that they seem to be keen on releasing yearly.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:08:47 PM by StarberryTart »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 02:10:16 PM »
You know I was not much into the G2 ponies but I really do like the  G2 merchandise. The art is very cute! I would love to see more pony shirts of the Older Generations for adults and ones that are cute.  I did get that pink Target one and love how it fits and looks under a tank top. I would also love to see more pj sets for adults. I do have the pants that were at wal mart. But I can not find anything else that is of the G1 ponies. I thought about that hot topic one but I really did not like it.

Overall I would just love to see more older pony things. I do love the G4 ponies and like seeing there things in the store to. :)

spookysage

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »
Or did you mean it happening once or twice? Oh I definitely don't want fans to be in control ALL the time or most of the time, but it would be nice to vote on, say, the Favorites Collection that they seem to be keen on releasing yearly.

Yes, just a few special occasion OCs, we don't want to frighten their lawyers too badly! :mrgreen: A favorites collection is a great way to do it.

The submit-your-own symbols would probably be the fussiest part of it - no one wants theirs coming out blurry or pixelated. And with a public gallery for voting, they'd have to filter for content.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:52:31 PM by spookysage »

momo_no_hime

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 05:08:55 PM »
In no particular order: (assume all of this is G1 stuff)
* Coffee cups! I would love a travel mug with G1 art on it.
* More "grown up" jewelry. Something like this, without the major price tag: http://www.onchmovement.com/product/double-twist-pegasus-pony-silver
* Cell phone cases
* Keychains
* PJ pants!

You just can't have enough pony in your life, that's all I'm sayin'. ;)

StarberryTart

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »

Yes, just a few special occasion OCs, we don't want to frighten their lawyers too badly! :mrgreen: A favorites collection is a great way to do it.

The submit-your-own symbols would probably be the fussiest part of it - no one wants theirs coming out blurry or pixelated. And with a public gallery for voting, they'd have to filter for content.

Oh I didn't mean that it would be automatic or anything. ^^; I just meant that the shop could have you submit your pony designs so that, if you want, others could purchase them. If they're popular enough, Hasbro could contact you and ask your permission to make the pony for a retail release.

I guess that the symbols could be controlled through picture size filters, much like websites can tell that a picture is too large in dimensions or kb for an avatar. I'm sure it could be set up so that there would be a minimum size requirement.

And I would love to vote on who (canon characters) gets in the TRU Favorites Collection. It would really make me super excited and it would sell even better.

shadowdreamer

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
In no particular order: (assume all of this is G1 stuff)
* Coffee cups! I would love a travel mug with G1 art on it.
* More "grown up" jewelry. Something like this, without the major price tag: http://www.onchmovement.com/product/double-twist-pegasus-pony-silver
* Cell phone cases
* Keychains
* PJ pants!

You just can't have enough pony in your life, that's all I'm sayin'. ;)
To your want of a travel cup of G1, would this do? :) They also have a shot glass with different ponies on it.
http://www.spencersonline.com/product/sb-my-lil-pony-cup-w-straw?w=Pony   

Offline NorthernFlower

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:49 AM »
Differrent pretty brushes

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal