collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are you excited for the Equestria Girls dolls?  (Read 6338 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Are you excited for the Equestria Girls dolls?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »
I think they are Polly Pocket sized. If that's the case then they are fairly detailed for that size of doll.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »
I think they are Polly Pocket sized. If that's the case then they are fairly detailed for that size of doll.

If that is the case I will be disappointed...I was hoping for monster high doll sized, or barbie sized.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »
Hmm. I was hoping for better! The blandness and lack of detail is ehhh, but if they're smaller dolls, it makes more sense. It also seems to me like their tops are molded on, which would also indicate smaller (and cheaper) dolls. Maybe there'll be a few different sizes of dolls? Anyway, I also hope these are EARLY prototypes!

Prototype or not, if Hasbro's aiming for the MH/older market, these in particular really seem like a miss to me--the lack of detail and articulation, lack of individuality, lack of different fashions...? Not gonna cut it with the MH fandom. But little kids? Yes. But they're supposedly not for little kids, right...? I have no idea wtf is going on, basically.

But Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle are cute (although I love Fluttershy and TS, so probably I am biased!) and I'll definitely be getting those two, however they turn out.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

WildLace

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 05:15:54 AM »
meh...I am disappointed. I was hoping for a MH or barbie size doll. Not *looks a pic again* THAT.  :huh:

I am going to hope those are fakies

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
Here is a pic of the dolls:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/teahoshi/8860783720/in/photostream/lightbox/

Honestly, I´m disappointed :huh: In my opinion, they look like really cheap fakies.

EDIT. There is a topic on Pony corral saying that these are possibly fake dolls, I just noticed after posting the pic :blush:

I really hope those are fake or early prototypes. They look like Winx Club (see-through butterfly wings for the pegasi, really?) and don't have posable arms and feet. Do not want :/

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
The bodies actually look a lot like these MH fakies-

However- do any of you MH experts recognize the boots  ??  If no one has seen them before- my bet is that they are NOT customs. 

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
Ok, those are even more hideous than I thought they'd be.  There is honestly nothing good going on with those dolls.  Disappoint.

Let's hope they'll put out another line of dolls that's better.  Maybe these are just little Polly Pocket-type things, like Wardah said, and they'll make some larger ones too that don't suck as much.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2013, 04:50:18 PM »
Galactica -- yes! Those are exactly the fakies they remind me of too :lol: Even the faces are similar.

In the other EQ Girls thread in the Pony Corral, it's been apparently confirmed that they are very early prototypes and the final versions will have different faces and outfits, plus no ears or wings.

Update from Equestria Daily: "We have been told that these are actually prototypes.  The real models have new faces, axed wings and ears, and different outfits."
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »
I'm glad I never got my hopes up, but even then I was still disappointed. :/

If they removed the ears and wings entirely I definitely won't even pick one up on major clearance. I was excited about more anthro playline dolls.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2013, 05:12:07 AM »
In the other EQ Girls thread in the Pony Corral, it's been apparently confirmed that they are very early prototypes and the final versions will have different faces and outfits, plus no ears or wings.

Update from Equestria Daily: "We have been told that these are actually prototypes.  The real models have new faces, axed wings and ears, and different outfits."

I'm happy about the lack of wings, but I actually liked the ears :/
I will have to make some myself and add them to my pony ladies should I get them.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »
I'm hoping these are only the tiny polly pocket-esque versions and we will get bigger, articulated versions, but I'm not going to bet on it. What a way to NOT CASH IN Hasbro! Whyyy do they keep refusing my money?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2013, 09:14:39 AM »
Ok, those are even more hideous than I thought they'd be.  There is honestly nothing good going on with those dolls.  Disappoint.

Let's hope they'll put out another line of dolls that's better.  Maybe these are just little Polly Pocket-type things, like Wardah said, and they'll make some larger ones too that don't suck as much.

That seems reasonable- I mean, if they release a "brushable" compatible size- why not a larger size- like the FS?

THey must know by now that people WILL in fact throw down for dolls- I remember thinking that the MH dolls when they first came out were so expensive- but now the prices seem pretty reasonable, and I think that the general quality of the dolls coming after them has improved (cutie pops, novi stars)

honilee

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2013, 08:32:55 AM »
Found a photo review of the dolls. Looks like the deluxe dolls will have better articulation than I initially thought.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/9114731310/in/photostream/

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »
No. Nope. Nopers. No.

I'd rather spend my money on Monster High. They're way better looking/made and have better backstories.

Though this might change once I see the movie.

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Offline midnightsun

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 12:55:43 AM »
I think they're so cute. I do wish they were articulated and didn't have molded tops but the  faces are cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal