collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UGH dilemma...  (Read 600 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
UGH dilemma...
« on: May 12, 2013, 05:28:01 PM »
Ever spend so long looking for the doll/s you want that you get completely sick of anything about the dolls and they all get boxed up?

THEN you find the doll you were looking for... and she's on display all alone...  but you don't want to take any of your other dolls out and play with them? 

I don't know... I think I'm done with this MH thing...  It took me months to find Jinafire and I'm not really interested anymore.  She is a MIB doll/shelf for my Calico Critters to stand on...  :( 

Plus MH doesn't seem to really be trade-able.  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: UGH dilemma...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »
Awww, I haven't had that happen yet but I can imagine the frustration! 

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:26:27 PM »
Are you a MIB collector?  I find that with these toys having them out of box is so much more fun than keeping them pristine.  Displaying them, holding them and actually enjoying them might make a difference. 

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:51:17 AM »
I'm really sorry. Currently having the same experience but with G4. -_-

What Joey says is true in a way.. I have some MIB but most are loose and they're awesome to handle. However.. you might just want to debox one of the more common ones and see if that re-sparks anything within you. B/C MIB those dolls mostly can make you back what you paid for them or more if you decide to sell it all off eventually. :>

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:39:08 AM »
I also think you ought to debox one of the easier ones to get and see how you feel then.  Because I can't tell you how many times I was meh about a doll but once I got her out of the box I fell in love!!!   I'd say try it and see what happens.....then make a decision about the rest.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »
I agree about the suggestion to try and debox some that aren't as highly sought after.
In my experience, keeping toys MIB is vastly different from displaying them lose and playing with them. Some dolls that didn't strike me as great in box turned out to win me over once I saw them deboxed/restyled/in different outfits.

About trading: I have to agree. It's crazy how some dolls end up so expensive when they become rare, but it's even crazier how some dolls just randomly get sought after a lot and suddenly are considered more valuable than another doll from the same line with equal distribution (for example Scary Tales Clawdeen vs Scary Tales Frankie. I wouldn't know of anyone who would trade their ST Clawdeen for Frankster).

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »
I would say, take out your other dolls or at least look at them? And if you still feel like 'Blaa, screw it, I don't want you anymore' go ahead and try selling/trading them out.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:13 AM »
im not a mib collector.. so i would take them out (if its not a doll you want to sell)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
I did take two of them out of the boxes.  I took Sig Rochelle out when I first got her, swore up and down there would NEVER be another MH doll, then a few more came in, but I left them MIB.  Eventually I started picking some up as gifts or trade.  Then I got Dance Class Torelei and her outfit was torn and she was the only one at the store so I couldn't exchange for a better one.  So I opened her and fixed the leotard. 

I hate Rochelle's hair - I guess it's the saran but gahhh it looks so greasy.  Maybe she has glue seepage, I don't know.  But that pisses me off because I spent money on these silly things.  Never could get her hair to look nice.  Then I tried making clothes but found that infuriatingly frustrating.  I hate all the official fashions - I just think they all look like bad circus fashion.  :( 

So they collected dust for awhile and I boxed them up about two months ago.  I have spent since the beginning of the year looking for Jinafire but I don't know if I want to keep her after losing pretty much all interest in my MH dolls.  Part of the reason why I collect dolls is the crafty part of the hobby - I loooooove making doll clothes for all my other dolls, but they are much bigger - mostly 18" and some variations.  Not being able to sew or craft much for them and finding that the tiny accessories are far, far out of mu budget range has flattened any desires to want to waste efforts amassing a "collection".  I'd rather invest into what I enjoy.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:48:25 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

faunabay

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
Sounds like you've tried everything we mentioned.  So if they aren't giving you any enjoyment maybe you ought to sell or trade them.  I'm sure there would be people that would be very happy to give them a good home.   :biggrin:  Just make sure you're ready to let them go before doing it though.  I can't tell you how many things I've sold/traded/gave away only to want them back later.   :blush: 

suicidemilk23

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »
Totally agree with her statement. And if you really are over them, NIB dolls go for better prices usually that oob. :) Good luck!

Sounds like you've tried everything we mentioned.  So if they aren't giving you any enjoyment maybe you ought to sell or trade them.  I'm sure there would be people that would be very happy to give them a good home.   :biggrin:  Just make sure you're ready to let them go before doing it though.  I can't tell you how many things I've sold/traded/gave away only to want them back later.   :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal