collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How long have you been a collector?  (Read 1804 times)

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How long have you been a collector?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »
Since last August-September! =D I was raised around my aunt who had all kinds of my little pony toys from the 80's. I didnt really start getting into ponies until the G4 show came out about 2010. I love the show and after it came out, I eye-balled the toys for a while. My first bit of pony merch were actually the blindbags, I had a RD from wave 1. Later in August I bought a Lyra Heartstrings single from the Wedding set, then Cherry Berry, then Sunny, then Trixie. I originally kept them in their packaging.  I eventually saw the TRU White Celestia exclusive and fell in love! I bought that and the TRU Favorites Collection with NMM. I started buying loose singles off ebay and ecrater at my own pace since September. I now also collect the blind bags ,Funko figures, Enterplay trading cards, and 11" Funrise plushies. Realizing there was so much pony and so little space on my closet shelf, I decided to open any packaged ponies besides my large talking ponies, funkos, and my TRU Zekora. I love my pony herd so much, Im so glad I started it because during the whole collecting process I have made friends!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:38:20 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
Hmm well I was given ponies at a young age, but my childhood herd was mostly my cousins old toys. My grandparents stared me on Breyers at age five, and I collected them till I went to college. My old childhood room is a shrine almost to Breyer with shelves of them everywhere and pictures of my real horses along with posters.

I got back into ponies last summer when I was trying to find Bug Brothers for my wife. She missed her ponies and while cleaning we stumbled on my pony collection I kept under the bed. I have more now and a variety. I've always been a collector of things, but I like various collections. I get bored of focusing on just one particular collection.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2013, 03:46:11 PM »
I got into collecting G4 in July 2011. So almost 2 years ago :)
I had G1 as a kid but wouldn't call myself a collector then.

Offline angel_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+50)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
Interesting question. I started buying G3s for my girls about 10 years ago. Then I got hooked on them myself. My girls outgrew them but I have collected ever since. Good thing for them MLP is cool now. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
I've been collecting G1 since Sept 2005. I had a few as a kid but wasn't a collector then.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2013, 04:09:24 PM »
I have more now and a variety. I've always been a collector of things, but I like various collections. I get bored of focusing on just one particular collection.

Same here! Before all of this, I had only a pokemon card collection I have tried to keep up with for the past 15 years! It was the only thing I collected before ponies, I never understood why it made me so unhappy until I collected something else. I now have Ponies, a small fossil/mineral collection, a mini Iwako eraser collection and whatever Pokemon cards I have now. New expansions of those cards come out like every 3 months erg it got so horribly expensive and competitive I just cant keep up with it. At least I can keep up with Ponies and there are different styles of them so it isnt boring! =D I love fossils and rocks too because I find something different or new every time!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:30 PM »
I started when I was five and ponies were brand new. I think it petered out around the time I turned 12-13. Then I started over again after I discovered G3s. I knew about the 2s but at the time, I thought they were SO blinking weird that Hasbro was drunk or something.

So I joined the Arena in 2004 and have been collecting since. Some times more than others.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »
little under two years
first 3 ponies were wave 1 G4 rainbow dash, pinkie pie, and twilight sparkle, next 3 were the rest of the mane 6, then found a box of g3s at a yard sale, and the rest is history. <3
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »
According to my account here I saltarted collecting in 2006 xD It's been almost 7 years! My first pony was a G3 and now I have about 325 of those :P The majority of my collection is G3, G4, and merchandise of those two generations :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »
I want to say sense I was 4-6 years old for me.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »
when I discovered Ebay back in 2000, But I had ponies as a child

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2013, 11:10:11 PM »
Not 100 % sure but I guess around 2003 :D
Whoa that's 10 years now  :blink:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 12:47:24 AM »
I wanted to buy more when I was young but I didn't become an actual collector until 2003 when the G3s began appearing.. its all G3 Fluttershys fault :P
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:01 AM »
About 8 years I think, but only seriously collecting (i.e. buying expensive "investment" ponies) in the past three.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 04:09:58 AM »
I was a long time internet lurker :P - it actually took me 6 years of lurking on pony sites and generally sauntering around the internet trying to understand MLP by myself and with a couple of email collector friends, before I finally signed up and became part of the online community. Believe it or not...I was the shy and retiring type...I didnt like to talk :P

I was not a collector as a child; as a child my ponies were my beloved toys. In 2001 however something sparked and I started collecting. In 2007 the important date came though and I became a member of this awesome Arena community!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal