collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How long have you been a collector?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: How long have you been a collector?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
It all started last summer, june 2012, I came across of MLP FIM on netflix, i love horses, and I have been buying litlle sculptures and home decorations of horses, but after watching the show online  I loved it, then I came across Fluttershy and RD at the Tuesday Morning store and I bought them, I came home and opened them and I just liked them alot, in the packaging there was  a coupon for the hasbro toy site and got on it and ordered the rest of the mane 6 :) then also some playsets, after that I started wanting to get the first release waves from 2010 and 2012, i went on ebay and bought some there and others on amazon,when I came across an item I wasn't able to get ,I found the MLP Arena from the Strawberryreef.com site and joined in September :)
and here I'm  300 plus ponies later :) 
It will be a year in July 27 :) a couple of months ago, I will get to celebrate with new ponies for sure :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »
It began when I was a child, though I was made to get rid of my childhood collection when i was a teenager, I started again a few years later but had to give up because of financial difficulties.
I began again in 2011 when I was more financially sound. I joined UK Ponycon, mlp Trading post then the mlp arena. My collection isn't massive as yet, when I was made to give my ponies up as a teen I owned at least 50-60 G1 ponies. I'm not quite back to that yet but I'll get there.
At least now in my late twenties I have forums to help me find the ponies I want and make friends with fellow collectors.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »
When i was 2 years old i got my first ponies (or so i have to believe when looking at photographs) and i always loved my G1 ponies. I often played with them and never got rid of them.
I first started collecting when i was a young teenager, during the G2 era. But for some reason i feel like i became a "real" collector at the start of G3. When i found the online community and was able to learn a lot about MLP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »
Since 1983.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »
I'd say 14 years. I'm 18 now and got my first G1 ponies when I was 4. My mom would find ponies at garage sales and thrift stores for me, and as I grew I took on the role of finding new ponies for myself!

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Acheron187

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
Started about a year ago with G4 toys, and now I have a few G3 ponies. Now I'm looking at getting some G1 stuff, I already have a G1  favorite stories book.

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »
Wow, lots of new collectors, how awesome!  I started collecting seriously when I found the pony community online back in 1999, believe it or not!  I hung out at a few different places at the time but mostly at Quacker County.   :lol:  And then I left for a while, until G4 came out which really sparked my interest in collecting and hanging out in the community again!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
almost 10 years now! I'm getting my first tattoo soon, and it's going to be my beloved twisty tail :) a nice nod to my collector passion.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

sharayahlynn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
I had a few G2 ponies as a child (sadly, those were eventually sold off in one our many garage sales), but never considered becoming a collector until recently, so I'm pretty much a newbie. I started collecting about two months ago. I now have 4 G3 ponies (rescued from a bin of fakies at a mom-2-mom sale), 4 G4 blind bag ponies (found on clearance at Kroger for $1 each), 1 McDonalds Princess Celestia (found NIP in a garage sale "junk" bin for a quarter), and 1 Crystal Empire Applejack. In fact, I just bought that AJ at Meijer today and am totally smitten with her. :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
Since 2006, so seven years.  :)

I had a few ponies as a kid but I was never really into them (I was more of a Barbie girl.). My best friend, however, got my a g3 themed MLP present for my birthday in 2006 and once I got Merriweather and Sikver Glow, I started looking for g1s - and then I remembered my old ones.  I've been hooked ever since.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »
I was considered a collector by friends by age 10 in the 80s.  I don't think I would have passed up a G1 at any age.  I just didn't know where to look.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 01:27:22 PM »
I have been a collector for 2 years :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
Too long >_>
Near twenty years now, I'd imagine. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
It will be four years this September :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
i loved them as a kid, but I have recently just got back into them in the past year and a half :biggrin:

Me too - had them as a kid, always held onto my childhood herd, and about two years ago pulled them back out (for my own children intially - until I decided I still loved them way too much!  :P). That was when I got into collecting.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal