collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: layering pony display  (Read 1697 times)

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: layering pony display
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 05:20:19 PM »
@ waterfire, you could try a shop fitter for clear risers. We have a one here called 'the shop for shops', they sell all the display stuff you see in stores (it is the most amazing shop!!) You may be able to find something similar where you are :biggrin:

autojoy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:12 AM »
Haha I could put MLPs on my MLP videos! I don't have enough for all my ponies though. I want to make risers but I'm not sure where I'd get foam board from in the UK? If anyone knows, do tell :)

I agree, if you have an art/craft shop near you, even a little tiny one, they might be able to order some in for you. If you can order online, there'll be places you can search for that have huge amounts of artist supplies and I'd bet most of them have foamboard! Here's some!

http://www.graphicsdirect.co.uk/sections/foam-board/
http://www.foam-board.co.uk/
http://www.foamboard-store.co.uk/

All of these riser/display ideas are so great! I LOVE the lego, it's so bright & cheerful! I've got so many small models, and very large shelves... need to start making some risers myself, I think....  :art:

kaskurgi

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »
Lego idea is brilliant going to be keeping my eye out for those maybe I can find some pastel colored legos somewhere :O

Water_Fire

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 05:50:17 AM »
Lego idea is brilliant going to be keeping my eye out for those maybe I can find some pastel colored legos somewhere :O

There's the 'girls' range of Lego that's out now, I think some of that will be in pastel colours?

(The feminist in me is raging at me for recommending girl's Lego, as ALL LEGO CAN BE FOR GIRLS, but I'm trying to ignore it!)

Good tips about clear shelves, guys. Once the G3 swap is out of the way I'll have a nosey!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 07:11:39 AM »
Do you know what might work a little better than lego - mainly as you ll perhaps need less...what about Duplo?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 07:14:52 AM »
Yes Cat I was thinking of Duplo too cuz they are bigger for the older gens, Lego would work best for G4's since they are smaller. Unless you have lots on hand :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaskurgi

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »
Hrm I am going to have to see if I can find those "girl" legos or worse case just find a bunch cheap at a yard sale/flea market/thrift store and just paint them and use modge podge.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 02:38:54 AM »
Lego "friends" I think they're called. I just redid mine with video tapes and Diana gabaldon books :lol:

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 05:02:04 AM »
Hahahaha too funny!! Yeah her books are huge they would work well!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »

There's the 'girls' range of Lego that's out now, I think some of that will be in pastel colours?

(The feminist in me is raging at me for recommending girl's Lego, as ALL LEGO CAN BE FOR GIRLS, but I'm trying to ignore it!)

Good tips about clear shelves, guys. Once the G3 swap is out of the way I'll have a nosey!

Oh my goodness yes, that "Lego for girls" thing made me cringe quite a bit. Plain old Lego were fine for me when I was little! Not EVERY toy a girl plays with has to be pastel and girly.

Ahem, anyway... yeah, I've got to get some risers going for my pony shelf. They're three rows deep on my G1 shelf (but at least the babies in front helps), and I'd really like those poor girls in the back to get some attention. Gotta work on that...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal