collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Its missing a tush tag?!  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Its missing a tush tag?!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 06:37:37 PM »
Missing tush tag is a deal breaker for many collectors.  I also consider this a flaw in the product that should be listed with the other flaws of the piece. 

But that is a good deal on the items. They are still worth that without the tag, so if I bought to resell I'd want to keep them but if bought for collection I'd return them.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »
OK well I have something to add.  For plush collectors a tush tag is quite important.  A missing tush tag is a big deal and it does affect value.  Its considered damage in the collectors world.  I don't want to cause a fight or anything, its just important to know that is important to many buyers.  I believe a seller should always say, "tag intact" in their auctions of plushies.  When I sell them I not only say the tag is there but I describe the condition of the tag.  Its not about being picky..its really no different then the conditions you want in a pony.  Maybe this type of item doesn't seem like its worth all that trouble, but you would be surprised the money that goes out on plush toys and how collectible they are and what conditions are important to mention when selling them.  I do think a buyer should ask, but I also feel a seller should see that these things are important in an auction to mention.  There is a particular plushie I love from the 60s and 70s and I wouldn't want one without a tag that would ruin it.

I understand that you are upset, but really can you try to see this from both sides? That will really make you a good seller/buyer.  Its important to understand your buyer base.  Its nice to care about what your buyer is looking for.  Now you know this can be an issue and you can include this information from now on.  Where you may have sold these before and not had a problem that doesn't mean you now have proof that there is no value in a tush tag.  All that proves is that tons of people bought your stuff and didn't say anything to you about missing tags.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:32:24 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 06:30:28 AM »
It definitely can seem like something small to get upset over, but I've been in the plush collecting game long enough to know that a chopped tag on a rare/popular/vintage toy can take the value down quite a bit. I recently came across 7 really nice Pokemon plush for cheap, and I almost left them behind because of their cut tags (but then decided if they're just for me, I wont mind and got them). If I'd bought them to re-sell, I know they wouldn't sell for as much as they would if they had their tush tags. Like someone else mentioned, just make sure you take photos of the back/bum/legs where the tags generally are, and recommend that buyers look at the photos carefully for the condition. At least that way no one can complain about it again :) It can be aggravating learning these little lessons on eBay ;P I hope everything is okay between you and your buyer/re-seller now!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 07:37:35 AM »
I understand it is a very upsetting situation.  But no matter what the scenario is it is always best to just try and work with your buyer. It doesn't matter if they are a reseller or not. I know it's important to ask questions if what they are complaining about is not visible. But in the end, like I mentioned it is just easier to try and work it out.

Honestly, I think your best course of action is to offer them a full refund upon return of the plushies.  Because if for any reason they decide to open a case that is what ebay will force them to do.  If they refuse then I would either chalk it up and prepare for a negative or offer a % back. The latter one will be obviously completely up to you.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 08:41:25 AM »
First, everyone should know I was majorly PMSing yesterday lol, so  I usually don't get quite that upset.  Second, now that I have been informed about the tush tag importance, I sent the buyer this message to try to resolve the situation:

Dear toysetc207,Hi again, sorry for the third message, but I got some input from a few seller friends on the importance of a tush tag on a vintage stuffed animal.  Would it help the situation if I refunded you $15 for the bunny?  (Since the puppy was fine).  I have three items with bids ending tonight, so I could have the refund by the end of the week.  Please let me know if that would make things better.  Then we could avoid a paypal case and I can save my feedback score.  - treigers

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
You're not allowed to mention feedback ANYWHERE in your communication with the buyer.  Otherwise it's considered extortion.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 11:05:58 PM »
Im glad you are trying to work things out. Don't worry I think we all get a ittle sensative when we sell. There is a delicate balance and often folks do act unscrupulously towards sellers for no reason at all. I'm sure they will appreciate your willingness to compromise. And although mentioning feedback isn't advisable I don't think it will be a problem as you are reaching out to your buyer in good faith and giving them the options they want to return or to recieve a partial for the trouble.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 12:14:18 AM »
Honestly I feel like I might not personally realize or notice that a tag was missing from one of the plush toys... I guess the advice of taking more pictures (since they're free now right, on ebay?) couldn't hurt... but, if the buyer has a history of nitpicking everything to bits, I'd feel a bit perturbed as you are about the complaints... I hope you can resolve this.

Sometimes I wonder, are buyers like this trying to get a "partial refund" and keep the item and get some money back? I dunno, I hate being a Negative Nelly but, that's what I think sometimes...  :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »
Honestly I feel like I might not personally realize or notice that a tag was missing from one of the plush toys... I guess the advice of taking more pictures (since they're free now right, on ebay?) couldn't hurt... but, if the buyer has a history of nitpicking everything to bits, I'd feel a bit perturbed as you are about the complaints... I hope you can resolve this.

Sometimes I wonder, are buyers like this trying to get a "partial refund" and keep the item and get some money back? I dunno, I hate being a Negative Nelly but, that's what I think sometimes...  :huh:

Honestly- probably not.  I know that in my case, it was a Rainbow Brite doll that I had really wanted (back in the early days of ebay actually).  When I saw the tag was cut- I was really really disappointed.  Not something to leave negative feedback over, demand a refund or be a jerk over- just something that really that was probably worth mentioning as a problem to the seller so that they won't do it again in the future. 

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »

Honestly- probably not.  I know that in my case, it was a Rainbow Brite doll that I had really wanted (back in the early days of ebay actually).  When I saw the tag was cut- I was really really disappointed.  Not something to leave negative feedback over, demand a refund or be a jerk over- just something that really that was probably worth mentioning as a problem to the seller so that they won't do it again in the future.

I totally understand that Galactica... I mean, you want a toy in the condition it's shown in, and missing flaws is a big annoyance too!
 As far as - sellers wanting a partial or being annoyed by a tag missing! I completely understand - I mean I've had problems both buying and selling where someone can miss something in a description, and usually are willing to work it out, but, I've had a couple buyers of trading cards of my own where they'll message me and tell me it was damaged, refuse to send pictures to confirm, and threaten to open a case unless I give them a partial refund (I usually just let it go to the case, if they had pictures, I'd have no problem giving a FULL refund!)
:) So yeah, that wasn't directed at you at all hun! :hug:

My Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »

...I've had a couple buyers of trading cards of my own where they'll message me and tell me it was damaged, refuse to send pictures to confirm, and threaten to open a case unless I give them a partial refund (I usually just let it go to the case, if they had pictures, I'd have no problem giving a FULL refund!)
:) So yeah, that wasn't directed at you at all hun! :hug:
[/quote]

Oh no worries - I wasn't offended, just trying to offer a different perspective.  The buyers that you've described above were definitely scammers-  I'm sorry that happened to you!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 03:32:34 PM »
Thanks! :hug:

I just hope the OP can get the problem resolved without too much hassle from the buyer. We ARE human, we miss stuff!

Hope it all works out for you hun!

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal