collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: not quite sure what to do. (need pony help)solved. thanks!  (Read 546 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
so this  directly invovles ponys but i also need advice  so i wasnt sure which  board to put it in.. please   move it if it needs to be moved.

a friend of mine just got a bunch of a friendof his toy colelction transformers gi joes  tons of thengs that he said   worked out to  a couple thousand dollar.. well  said friend fof his died of cancer  a few years ago and his family is just now willing to part with siad toys ebcuase they need help paying leftoever medical bills and such.  ok so heres where i come in.
his   sister.. (who is sitll alive) has totes of mlp  at least  50 of them..  and might sell them to me  but they wnated a ballpark figure without me looking at them..  i  gave a gestiamte ofa bout 40.00  becuae  i dont knwo whats int ehre i dont know the condtion i do knwo there all g1. 

so heres my question..  if i am allowed to  look at them..   should i raise the offer or keep it there if its just a lot of common ponys that really arent worth much? becuae   these are goign to  help pay   for bills.  or do i deduct like i normally wuld  in case of  cancer regrind  marker various other problems..  the girl doesnt wnat the ponys.. so i am greatfullt o get them but i just dont know what the proper thing to offer would be in this case..  and if there is a rare pony (and htey dont know) say a mome or  a rapunzel.. do i  relaly up it  if i can afford it. or do i give them the orignal price quote?

[moving to corral since you need help pricing ponies -kkat]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:59:47 AM by Lorelei Redfern »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Re: not quite sure what to do. (need pony help)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
What do you feel is right in your gut?
:accomplished:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 01:46:26 PM »
welll i   want to give them a good offer.. but manily what do i do if   the ponys arent even worth 40? that i orignaly quoted them without seeing them?

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:59:38 PM »
Its nice you want to help the fanily out.  If there are indeed 50 G1 ponies, you could pay a $1 per pony which would be $50.  I think that would be fair for you and her.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 02:08:57 PM »
Its nice you want to help the fanily out.  If there are indeed 50 G1 ponies, you could pay a $1 per pony which would be $50.  I think that would be fair for you and her.

yeah thats why i gave that average quote  but then  i  go tot hinking.. what if theres soemthing rare int here.. then it owuldnt be fair. ><   eh we will see if they decide to sell

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »

Well if there is a htf or rare pony, would you keep it for yourself or sell it?

[yeah thats why i gave that average quote  but then  i  go tot hinking.. what if theres soemthing rare int here.. then it owuldnt be fair. ><   eh we will see if they decide to sell
[/quote]

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
I'd probably stick to the 40-50 mark, then if something pops up, deal with it then. Don't try to pre-explain anything, it'll just confuse them and giving them the names of ponies will inevitably make them hop on the computer to see what they're going for. People always mark value by the asking price of ponies and never what they sell for, so talking to them about it is a recipe for disaster.
If a good pony shows up, tell them and offer to sell it on eBay or the Corral in their son's honor...by putting the ball in their court they'll eithe say yes or no, don't bother. Either way you look like the good guy!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »
Sounds like you got some good suggestions-  I usually value bait ponies at around $2 each, assuming that about half have regrind or major flaws.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
okies thanks ^^ lol yeah you tell people pony are worth money and then they go to ebay and   automictaly go welp this is worth that!
i doub there are any major money poyns.   but i also wanted to make sure that 40-50 wasnt too  high. for hte lot.

and  yeah any ponys that i get  that i dont want (if i get them) will proably be sold on here.  thanks for allt eh suggestions its really helped!  i think i'll stick witht he  40  50 mark.. and if anything pops up i'll see what happens fromthere!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 03:08:40 PM »
I would be inclined to say you are under offeringif I am being honest. Of this person was a toy collector odds are their ponies are in fairly good shape and they probably have a mix of common, uncommon, rares. Even if they are baity I think youd pay more than $1 a pony. But that is just me. They are trusting you here so in honor of your friend I would up the offer if the situation calls for it.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »
I would be inclined to say you are under offeringif I am being honest. Of this person was a toy collector odds are their ponies are in fairly good shape and they probably have a mix of common, uncommon, rares. Even if they are baity I think youd pay more than $1 a pony. But that is just me. They are trusting you here so in honor of your friend I would up the offer if the situation calls for it.

yeah  but  for a bunch of sight unseen ponys. i dont know the family (i  just got  offered the ponys)  and i gave a ballpark figure of course if i see the ponys and there are   some   good ponys i will  likely offer more.. (like if i see a rare)  and   this  is hsi sisters ponys.  i'm just getting this  infomration from a  friend (the one who  got the transformes adn such. all he said was   aobut 50 ponys in a tote. g1 thats all   i know. 

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »
Yeah if you can't be guaranteed on the condition and are pretty much picking them up sight unseen, I would offer $50 for the bin.  You may get lucky and find a nice condition pony or a rarer pony but you also might get a bin full of common G1s that have haircuts and lots of ingrained dirt.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
If they have a number, I would go with a $1 per pony. Especially if you are buying them without seeing them.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 05:53:45 PM »
If they have a number, I would go with a $1 per pony. Especially if you are buying them without seeing them.

i'm doing this all through said friend.  apperntly they  dont wnat a stranger  at there house. whihc i can completly understand. hes going to let me know  as soonas they get back to him which will hopefully be in the n est few days lol

and squirmy Exactly..   and just becuae the brother was a colelctor doesnt mean the sister is ><  from  what i was told there just in a bin..  thye  could  have marker ingrian  dirt..   haircuts..  i think i'm gonna stick with 50.  thanks. guys denftly help me out a bit!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 04:28:05 AM »
I agree that for a lot of 50 ponies, 40 would normally seem low. Even $1 per pony would be less than a lot of people would pay per pony...even if the ponies turn out to be bait.

However, that being said I think if you are buying sight unseen its a gamble so I would understand being at the low end.

Personally I would either ask for images so you can judge condition and price more fairly. Or I would offer the $50 and when you have the ponies, if you think the lot is 4 or 5 times that value due to excellent condition or a harder to find pony or two, I would perhaps offer the seller a little more to balance it out. As its not ebay and the money is going to such a good cause I would feel guilty of doing anything else.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal