collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Searching For Ponies & Completing Sets...... Do you buy in any condition?  (Read 1012 times)

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Searching For Ponies & Completing Sets...... Do you buy in any condition

If you're searching for a certain pony or ponies, will you buy in any condition just to complete your set and worry about trading up later? or will you just buy the best condition one you can find?

Personally If its a pony I don't have, I will buy it in ANY condition, even BAIT, restore it the best I can and then worry about upgrading later if I see a good condition one

What about you?

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Blind Bags: As long as it's good condition. Tiny scratch, little glitter is fine. If there are chipped areas, that's a no-no for me (unless it's a sought after variant).

Fashion Style: If I ever want a Fashion Style pony (well only looking for Applejack), the hair should not be cut and all accessories of that pony should be included. In box or out of box: I don't care.
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I don't do a lot of buying other than at garage sales or thrift stores these days. When I find a g1 it always comes home with me and is either added into my collection or put with my doubles. I am always super happy to have a pony that I haven't owned before and have fun making her pretty again. I will trade my doubles for pretty much any pony I don't have and will upgrade over time. The only thing I can't stand is pony cancer because there aren't many things that can be done about that. I probably wouldn't trade for a pony with this condiion but everyone else is fair game. Half the fun is the clean up process :)

Englishgothgirl

I'm really not fussy, if its a pony I need for a set, I will take them with cancer, smooze, even mane-less, do what I can to restore them and put them away with my collection and mark them off my list, then if I see a better condition one at a reasonable price I'll upgrade :)

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
I prefer all of my ponies to be MINT! hehe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Englishgothgirl

I don't mind cancer / smooze, as my collection are all kept in individual ziploc bags, so no chance of transference

The only ones loose are my bait box

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Well, when it comes to boy ponies, I buy them in any condition. Although there are not any left that I "need." I enjoy the restore process of any pony but I may or may not keep it.

As far as set completers, I generally wait until I find a decent one, does not have to be perfect though. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
normally yes!   the only thing i don't get  are ones  missing legs. horns, wings (i have a few that have nibble marks though. my oakly has  a few nibble marks on his nose. but its all thre!)
and i have a couple unicorns missing the tips of there horns. 

i do have a few restrictions.  No ponys from smoking  homes. (i do aceept plush.. becuase i  can  use vinegar.)  and  no mold   becuase of allergys. 

i  take baity stuff and  then i  restore it. ^^ espcialy no tail ones! most of  the one i have i dont worry aobut upgrading unless i somehow end upw th ore then 1.

a lot of my ponys have cancer,  Dry   frizy hair,  missing   symbols. a few nibble marks..

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
I usually try to find one in the best condition possible or one that I know I can restore to look really good :)
My Wish List

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
If its a set completer I'm compelled to buy them in as close to mint condition as possible. Even if the rest of the set is baity the one that finishes it off has to be perfect! Weirdly any other pony I'll buy in pretty much any condition

claricesponies

I try to only add Mint condition ponies to my collection. I would rather wait for a nice one to come along than to fill a void with a pony who needs help which I cannot provide (I am not your best pony salon owner :lol:)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
i am anti those horrid brown cancer spots but i have had to put up with them on my flat foot peachys just to complete my flat foots and and for my peachy army, i am sure she is non existent without those marks on her.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
I usually wait around for a great looking pony, although hair cuts don't bother me. But I draw the line with pony cancer and smooze...yuck!  I've let a couple "okay" ponies pass me by and don't regret it because I know I won't be happy until I have the "great and up" condition ponies in my herd.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
It depends on the pony I'm searching for and how long I've been looking. After awhile I just want the pony so I'll settle and upgrade when a better one happens along
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I'm a bit weird, I'm actually more likely to buy a pony with problems than a mint one. I feel really sorry for baity ponies so if I don't have them in my collection I like to take them in and give them a loving home. Plus I like how their flaws give them character. You can recognise your pony from a group of the same pony because she is different. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal