collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which Disney Princess do you think is the most beautiful?

Cinderella
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Snow White
Pocahontas
Mulan
Ariel (Little Mermaid)
Jasmine (Aladdin)
Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
Rapunzel (Tangled)
Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

Author Topic: Disney Princesses  (Read 1854 times)

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Princesses
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 07:20:35 AM »
Ariel and snow White.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »
I would have to say Belle for me. She is sweet and kind.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 07:53:57 AM »
Tiana!

It's interesting that the idea of "beauty" is so aligned with many pure and good. Snow White's queen is beautiful, but she's "evil" so she's viewed as ugly..  just a thought, I love villains.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 08:19:43 AM »
Vanessa is evil (Ursula), but I think she is just as pretty as my prettiest princess pick.  I love Vanessa.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
I voted Mulan, she has cool outfits and she can rumble!

Melissa

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 09:39:59 AM »
Tiana!

It's interesting that the idea of "beauty" is so aligned with many pure and good. Snow White's queen is beautiful, but she's "evil" so she's viewed as ugly..  just a thought, I love villains.
I always thought Snow White's step mother was gorgeous (pre-hag form of course)... Even before OUAT lol.

spookysage

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 09:54:05 AM »
Tiana!

I always thought Snow White's step mother was gorgeous (pre-hag form of course)... Even before OUAT lol.
Hear hear, she's not second-fairest in the land for nothing!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
Ariel would have to be my favorite out of the official princesses.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:59:16 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
Im a bit saddened by your statements hun--beauty isnt something that should be influenced with something like the diisney princesses. They are iconic and rolemodels for things that are within them, their morals and having to stay strong :)  Kids (and adults alike) shouldnt have to feel that they need to be more beautiful because their role models are, you know?^^

That said, my favourite princesses are Pocahontas, Ariel and Jasmine <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »
Vanessa is evil (Ursula), but I think she is just as pretty as my prettiest princess pick.  I love Vanessa.

Dude.  IMO, Ursula herself is pretty sexy.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
I picked Belle. I both like the way she looks and her personallity: kind, smart and not like everyone els! :lol:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »
Oddly enough- the disney princesses all look remarkably similar to me.  The only real differences appear to be skin tone, hair color and outfits.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
Dude.  IMO, Ursula herself is pretty sexy.

It's the attitude.  I thought Maleficent was pretty smokin' too.  Pre-dragon form, of course. 

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 12:14:02 PM »
Belle is my favorite but I voted for Mulan.  Perhaps it's because the new art does make them all look a lot alike so she stands out more.  However I honestly think it's from living in Japan.  I do not think Japan and China are the same at all but looks-wise similar enough that my Chinese-Canadian friend was consistently mistaken for a Japanese person everywhere we went.

As a blue-eyed blonde after living there a few years sometimes my own reflection would startle me.  I'd wonder why I had no color in my face!  So that took all the blondes out of the running for me. ^_^  I also have long wanted silky smooth raven black hair and lots of it (my hair is so baby-fine and wispy...).  Finally so many Japanese girls/women looked so put together you would think they had stepped out of a fashion shoot.  I think in the back of my mind I see "princess" Mulan and just assume she will always be perfectly turned out and when it comes to outer appearance nothing impresses me as much as looking polished.  (I on the other hand regularly arrive at work with my hair wet and my earrings in my pocket.)

When it comes to inner beauty, Mulan gets nothing but high marks.  She's a very loving and devoted daughter.  She's strong not just in body but in determination as well.  She's a brilliant strategist so obviously not just smart but quick.  She's a hard worker -- you never see her slacking off.  She has a very strong sense of self even when society frowns upon it. On and on...

Unlike Belle who I love because, like many here, she reminds me of myself, Mulan is the type of person I wish I had the personality to be but never will.  I would happily live the pampered pink pillowy life of a pretty pretty princess (with a giant library and lots of travel) but I will always look up to the rebels who are fighting their way through the forests and armies to make the world a better place for everyone - even pampered princess wannabes.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

spookysage

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
Oddly enough- the disney princesses all look remarkably similar to me.  The only real differences appear to be skin tone, hair color and outfits.

It's a shame they don't stray more from their studio style, especially for princess movies. Lilo and Stitch was cute! Tiana had an awesome song with an Art Deco style, at least. But now that they're focusing on CG again I'm worried they'll stick to the annoying new CG standard of having cute, charming, unique art... all squished away in the end credits, while they focus on what color irises to give everyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal