collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you bought a doll - and then regret it?  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Have you bought a doll - and then regret it?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 01:35:08 AM »
Hmmm  not sure. I do regret spending all the money I spent on all of them, but thankfully I traded for lots too, so I can make some money on them :) Wouldn't part with 7 though, Jina, Howl Sig, Clawdeen Scaris, Clawd Sig, Toralei Sig, Gil, Lagoona MS. I like them still.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 01:55:47 AM »
Good to know you guys didn't make any big mistakes =) and you can Always sell.. =)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 04:23:26 AM »
Hmm... This is a good question. I have overpayed for dolls and later regretted that, but I was a wide eyed noob, still am in many respects actually and I didn't know better. On the other hand I really like 90 % of my dolls so overpaying isn't really more than an annoyance of how silly I was.

Dolls that I regret though... That is harder because I don't really regret many, but there are some I like now less than i originally did. Cupid is a good example of this, loved her in the pictures and really liked her at first, but now... I just kind of like her. Same goes for signature Abbey, loved her on the webisodes, still do, liked the doll, because I love the webisodes, but now the doll is just okay to me.

I won't sell any of them, i am not a seller, i am a keeper, but I am a little bummed that the original two that I loved I don't like so much any more. I also adored Robecca at first and now am kind of meh about her. Don't have her yet, but she can still be found in stores.

I will probably get her, because I love the steampunky style, but only if I find her on sale.

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 07:00:36 AM »
Well, I just got Dance Class Operetta on clearance, and I kind of wish I'd spent the little bit extra on DDG Operetta, because I like her hair better. But I think I'll like the look of my Opie better after I get her fashion pack. I love the spiderweb dress! I also pierced her right ear. Her left ear is pierced to hold her mask on, and it seemed kind of silly to me that she only had one pierced ear.

Aaryana

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »
I probably regret half my collection, honestly. I started early enough that for awhile I had every doll except SDCC Frankie. Now there are too many too fast, and I can't keep up. I'm a bit of an all or nothing collector.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »
I am an eclectic collector, I don't need to have them all, i just like to have the ones I really like. Unfortunately there are very many I really like. I have decided no playsets, because I suspect that I will regret those and no beach dolls, those I just don't care for that much.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »
GB Jackson. Which I feel bad about saying because I got a really good deal on him. I don't particularly care for Jackson so I had planned to make him into a new character by changing his hair a little. I put wings on him but I keep hesitating to change his hair since that's permanent whereas the wings just slip on and off. I keep wavering about whether or not I want to keep him. I love all my other boys but he is my least favorite at the moment.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

elonni

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:01 AM »
Jackson is also one that I regret getting. I got him because he was available here and cheap, but, to tell the truth, I don't really care about him. I'm not really a seller, but if I had to sell any of my dolls, he would be the first to go.

I was excited about Cupid when I got her, even though her lips always disturbed me. I thought I would get over it eventually, but didn't. In her case, though, I think some lip repaint and maybe some new hair might help me like her again.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »
I have to agree with elonni about jackson, I don't really care about him either. Nevertheless I have him and perhaps, if I were to sell any of the dolls, he would indeed be one of the first to go.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 01:46:55 PM »
So far I haven't really regretted any of my purchases. I have bought dolls just for their stock and sold them nude, but I still don't regret buying them. Of course, I don't really have a lot of room, so I won't buy playsets and I've had to limit myself to just one of each character. So if a new version comes out of a character I have and I like her better, I'll sell the one I had. I have two dolls that are an exception to the one doll rule, which are Cleo and Draculaura, but I only have two of each of them. Limiting myself to one doll per character really does help with the temptation of buying a doll on a whim because I really think it over and look at lots of pictures of a specific doll before deciding to buy one.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 01:48:31 PM »
I only regret a few clothing buys.
For example, I seriously paid 10€ for Lagoona 2.0's overall, sock and arm warmer and another 10€ for Nefera's accessories.
Nowadays I would only do this again if I knew I had other MH items I could sell to make back the money.

I have become a very picky and thoughtful collector.
Before my active MLP Arena days I was sort of desperate when it came to MH because I knew nobody who would give me advice on prices, reissues, face-ups and so on.

Maybe there are one or two dolls that I just couldn't quite excuse: C.A. Cupid and DDG Spectra. I ended up taking them apart, e.g. I customized them a bit and swapped their outfits.
My Spectra is now wearing her sig outfit and will soon join the ranks of my bestie's small MH collection since I really had to reduce the numbers of Spectras in my army XD
My Cupid will soon receive new shoes and a slightly different face-up to make her look like a Baroque lady instead of a MH character ^^

SajiNoKami

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
Haven't regretted buying anything, I figure they had a purpose at that second or it is one I really want. I have been annoyed... usually I am patient and wait for the cheaper stores or sales [unless I really needed them, specialty stores], but the harpy cam was just not happening. After a couple of months of not finding her at Walmart/Target, broke down a bought her at toysrus... then two days later finally found her at walmart.  >_< Still waiting on that Blob/Ice CAM. I do regret not buying the Nefera when I saw the random beat up one at a walmart... but that was before I knew how difficult it can be to find her.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »
I probably regret half my collection, honestly. I started early enough that for awhile I had every doll except SDCC Frankie. Now there are too many too fast, and I can't keep up. I'm a bit of an all or nothing collector.

This, kinda :lol:  I don't CURRENTLY regret my collection, but if I ever DO fall behind, I know I will.  There are quite a few I own just to own.  They are part of the "all or nothing" collection.  The DDG line doesn't do much for me, but I have 'em.  Same with DC.  But if I didn't have them.......I don't know!  I can't decide what is worth buying and what isn't.  So I just buy them all -_-

.......I do regret not buying the Nefera when I saw the random beat up one at a walmart... but that was before I knew how difficult it can be to find her.

I have MORE "Why didn't I buy extras?" regrets than anything else!  I'd love to have a bunch of extra Neferas, DotD Deuces, and B/W SS Frankies (like 100 :lol:)  It's hard to wrap your head around spending a TON of money now, to SAVE a ton later.  I'm going through this now, actually!  I want a few extra Catrines, and Cattys, for customs.  But I won't buy them, and regret it later.  It's what I do :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
I dunno! I've made some impulse buys, but usually I only resell stuff because I need money for extra toilet paper or rent or something.

One doll I regret SELLING is Venus. Right after that, they announced two new versions of her and I of course love them both :c

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 05:36:07 PM »

I've since dealt with my 'gotta get 'em all - or get *something* when there's a new doll lull !' tendencies since then.
this!
i work were they have some mh dolls so i get a discount...
have to convince myself everytime i go to work that i don't need them. cuz i know i'll regret it later.

the few dolls i did regret buying i either repainted their faces or rehaired them to make them something i wouldn't mind keeping. (howleen and skelita) i own a total of 4 character dolls and one vamp cam i use for making clothes (didn't have a standard doll before her) and eventually i'll give her a massive make over... or just sell her. not sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal