collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45987 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #855 on: May 17, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »
Everyone is talking about how expensive toys r us is and I agree they are. But don't they price match?

nope. walmart does, not TRU. unless they changed their policy.

Dorriebelle

« Reply #856 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:03 PM »
Everyone is talking about how expensive toys r us is and I agree they are. But don't they price match?

They did at Christmas - and heavily advertised it. Just had to bring in the competitor's ad, and I heard they even accepted cash register
 receipts from other stores as price proof. Now, it's not advertised and not noted anywhere on their site. Could always call and ask, but I think that
 price-match and layaway was just another way to get people into the stores over the holidays, so they've let it go, possibly until Nov. 2013.

I've worked in two TRUs, decades ago. No discount, but the boss at one store was great, loved his job and appreciated us, which
made all the difference. The other...I was so glad I was a seasonal hire, he was a jerk ! Hard to believe both stores were in the same county.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 17, 2013, 10:25:37 PM »
They actually did change their policy and Price Match is now all year round from what I've heard and asked. I took a picture of the Price Tag for something else from Walmart and showed it to the cashier.

The cashier didn't even know if photos worked, so she called the Manager, and he said photos work as long as the price difference isn't a huge leap.

ETA: It wouldn't hurt to take a picture of the price tag from another store and keep it if you find something at TRU.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:29:33 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

animal_lover

« Reply #858 on: May 17, 2013, 10:29:35 PM »
Hmm, that's weird. I just saw it advertised on the website a few weeks ago. But I just checked and don't see it anywhere.

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 17, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »
Layaway is year round and works on most items (food, clothing, clearance items and seasonal stuff like halloween decorations and costumes or easter baskets and things like that are excluded).

Price match at my store seems to change with the manager. I've had a manager say "Only on Baby items and only with a print ad", while another manager the next day will be all "They're showing you the competitor site? Sure!" I really wish that they would all get on the same page about it. It's another thing that annoys me about working there, is that it seems like all the managers have different ideas of how the rules work.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 17, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »
Ohh, so I guess some of the price match "policies" depend on the manager. That is so unorganized. >,<; Thanks for clearing that up!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »
They actually did change their policy and Price Match is now all year round from what I've heard and asked. I took a picture of the Price Tag for something else from Walmart and showed it to the cashier.

The cashier didn't even know if photos worked, so she called the Manager, and he said photos work as long as the price difference isn't a huge leap.

ETA: It wouldn't hurt to take a picture of the price tag from another store and keep it if you find something at TRU.
In my experience (2 times)they've required a paper ad, and would not accept a picture from my cell phone, of either the ad or the price tag.

I may have just encountered 2 managers who didn't want to help, but both times I was told I had to physically have an ad in hand with the price, in order for them to price match

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #862 on: May 17, 2013, 11:14:21 PM »

In my experience (2 times)they've required a paper ad, and would not accept a picture from my cell phone, of either the ad or the price tag.

I may have just encountered 2 managers who didn't want to help, but both times I was told I had to physically have an ad in hand with the price, in order for them to price match

I've. Been told that before that you need paper ad proof which is dumb in my opinion

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 17, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »
First time I did it, I printed out their website page for the werecat twins because the store price was way higher than that of the website, they worked with me and let me get the price match.

Second time, I asked in general if they still did price match, worker said yeah they still did that, but I'd need physical evidence of the price.

3rd time which was about....2 weeks ago?? That's when I took a photo on my phone from Walmart and the manager was like "Meh, as long as it isn't too big of a price difference."

So it's all over the place with the policy. Like eristell_neko said, it all comes down to what the managers at the store say.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2013, 11:30:44 PM »
Huh, really hit or miss. I just poked around on the Canadian site and found this official info... so maybe I'll give it a go sometime. But it won't help if no other store has gotten that particular doll in yet since the item has to be "identical" >< And the only paper ads I usually see advertising MH are the ones from TRU, sooo... pretty much fail.  :drunk:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2013, 11:36:06 PM »
How can they tell if they're identical if the only pictures they have shown are the general stocked/meh ones and not ones that are more specific?! XD That's why having the actual ad on you is not a good idea. Like for example, if an ad only has a picture of 2 of the Dance class dolls, is that the only one's they can only price match because they're identical in the ad pictures??
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:53 PM »
If they are going to price match, you would think they would drop their price down so they actually compete with the other stores, instead of carrying the reputation for having the highest price. Illogical.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 18, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
From how i see it, it's one of those fine print ordeals, like: "Toys R Us! Best place to get the best toys around!!

...We also have price match if you find what your looking at in another store for less but don't want to pay as much here or we have it here, and they don't have it there. You don't have to but you know...we're just throwing it out there...Enjoy shopping here!!"

People who don't pay attention would be like: "Man Toys R Us is so expensive compared to target...*Buys from there anyway*"

People who know of it: "I did my homework, If they don't have it at target, but have it at Toys R Us, I'll show them the ad/price tag and I'll get it there for the same price!"

That's how it plays out in my head.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #868 on: May 18, 2013, 02:30:28 AM »
Huh, really hit or miss. I just poked around on the Canadian site and found this official info... so maybe I'll give it a go sometime. But it won't help if no other store has gotten that particular doll in yet since the item has to be "identical" >< And the only paper ads I usually see advertising MH are the ones from TRU, sooo... pretty much fail.  :drunk:

Lol, I had to laugh at the very first thing said on that page. "In addition to our Everyday low Prices..."

In what universe TRU??

jemima1985

« Reply #869 on: May 18, 2013, 02:43:12 AM »
13 wishes now showing on Argos.co.UK if you put in the catalogue numbers, but not in stock yet. £16.99, not too bad.

Twyla.  915 5059
Gigi. 915 5066
Howleen. 915 5231
Lagoona  915 5262
 :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal