collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: when you have to sacrifice your ponies...  (Read 1376 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: when you have to sacrifice your ponies...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »
I am so sorry you have to do that cacopony - I hope you are able to hang on to the ones most important to you right now.

And yes over the years I have had to sell more than a pony or 2 in order to fund something more important in real life...normally car repairs *eye roll*. I am aware the day may come I may need to do this again - knowing it and doing it are two different things and accepting it is something else...always upsetting. I just get so attached to these little lumps of plastic.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
Its possible I will have to sell some of my collection next fall. If I get to study want I want, then I will have to move to another city. I live with my boyfriend now, and most of the furniture is his. If I have to move, he wont be able to come with me just yet, so I will have soo much to buy.  >_< But I would never sell my childhood ponies or the rare ones. Only the ones I will be able to get back later.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 10:47:36 PM »
I'm sorry you have to do that.  :hug:

I have done it before and I may do it again.  Unfortunately, sometimes bills do come first.  Luckily, I haven't had to sell any ponies I truly adored yet.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 06:24:25 AM »
I will keep my plumsweet, honeybuzz and starbeam twinkle, and all my g1 ponies. Everything else will be raffled, and I may even start doing customs for the fellow bronies here, with that  would make a good money too, but I find that the quality of materials here is terrible :C
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 07:25:14 AM »
Last year I sold a big part of my Brazilian collection (I had all of them) and MIB NBBE baby Gusty in order to travel to China.
It was sad to see them go but I know they found good homes. My travel was awesome (I would go again, to other parts of China, if I had more/enough ponies to sell :P)

I'm not sure if I consider a sacrifice, it was very well worth. I feel thankful with the people who purchased these ponies.

A couple years ago I also had to sell a couple nirvanas in order to pay a surgery for my dog. It was a very desperate time because I was overseas when he got sick. But, again, everything turned out perfectly, he got better and I was able to buy other ponies later on the same year.

I think this is just another reason for me to love the ponies even more. They make me happy, combing them takes away some stress, I enjoy watching them (love the colors)  and they can even help in practical manner sometimes :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Blackrose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 07:28:20 AM »
I'm at the tail end of selling my entire collection. 

Twice before I was going to sell them to pay for something car related.  But this time there is no getting around the fact that the ponies have to go rather than put myself further in debt.

I have a handful left to go, Mimic will be the hardest to sell as she's always been my favourite.  But she's been living in a box for a few years and it's almost time for her to go to someone else.

Ponies can be bought again. 

I'm keeping my customs though.

All the best xxx

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »
I had a big collection back in 2007, but had to sell them due to the debt that I had created to get them all. So I sold them all but 10 from my childhood collection. Over the years I got back into Breyer Horses. And of course I had to sell most of them when the hard times came. I had to pay bills, doc bills, car repairs and so on. I was able to add back to that collection, then had to turn around and resell them. Some things that I bought I had a about a week and decided that I really did not need this horse or whatever it was. So I sold it off and paid off the debt that I created to get it.
Now that I have gotten back into ponies last summer I have not had to sell any of them. I have sold some of my doubles or baits that I did not want. Right now I am just selling my double ponies. I hope that I do not have to sell them all again. I do sometimes find myself wanting to sell some here and there. I guess cause I have had to do this so many years. I am just not use to being able to keep things.

I will never sell ponies for clothes though. Only bills that are way more important.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »
I sold off my complete G1 plush collection except one to buy new tires for our car *sigh* ...

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 09:13:32 AM »
Aw, It's always so sad when I see people here selling their ponies because they desperately need money. I hate to think that someday I will probably have to sacrifice part of my collection in order to pay for something I need. So far, still living at home, I haven't had to do anything that drastic.

However, I am starting to sell some things now that I might rather keep, in order to fund a trip to Canada! I don't think I'll have to sell anything that will really break my heart, but it's still kinda sad to see some stuff go.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
I had to sell my Breyer Conn Wintersong Silverado to buy new tires for me car a few years back. 

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
Currently selling all my loose g3 ponies. I am using it to pay down some debt.  :cry: But hubby says once the debt is gone I can buy them again MIB :) I am trying to avoid selling any rares or mib ponies.

I also sold a bunch earlier this year because both my daughters needed new beds (they had toddler beds and grew out of them)...

So short term loss for hopefully a long term gain....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:39:10 AM by elish2 »
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 11:31:18 AM »
I am very likely going to have to sell most of my collection soon... im in the middle of driving lessons, getting a new car, insurance and its not cheap... so i am really considering my collection atm... and do the best.

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »
Thankfully I have never had to do this.  If I was ever in that position I have some other things I would sell off first (Breyers, She Ra etc.).  At the end of the day however, real life is more important than ponies and if to truly came to that I would sell them (and cry every night for a LONG time!).

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »
About a year and a half ago I sold about a third of my collection to help pay bills. I mostly sold the ponies I wasn't very attached to. But I did have to sell my Argie Green Lickety-Split. That one hurt :(

Selling off parts of your collection is rough but you can always replace them later.  I love my collection and I hope that I never need to sell the ponies again. I'm glad that I can sell it to get money if I need it. 
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal