collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Does your significant other know how much you spend on ponies?

Yes, I am always open and honest about my pony purchasing habits.
41 (28.9%)
Sometimes I share that information, sometimes I don't.
31 (21.8%)
My significant other does not know how much I spend on ponies.
11 (7.7%)
My significiant other does not care how much I spend on ponies.
12 (8.5%)
My significant other would freak out if he/she knew how much I spend on ponies!
14 (9.9%)
My significant other supports and/or encourages my pony purchasing habits.  =)
33 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Does your significant other know how much you spend on ponies?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I have been very naughty and have spent a good chunk of $$$$ on ponies lately. I'm talking Mimic and various Mail Orders kind of naughty. :blush:  I'm pretty sure my boyfriend of three years thinks I'm having a mid-quarter-life crisis or something because he keeps seeing me sneak into our apartment with boxes of new additions.  We both work full time, have separate finances, and share living expenses.  I try very hard not to judge him for his video game purchases, countless Steam downloads, numerous upgrades to his PC, and assorted electronics.  With that in mind, I think I would be embarrassed for him to know how much I have spent on ponies, particularly the pricey ones.....

Do you tell you significant other how much you spend on ponies or do you have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:32:07 PM by doxiechic16 »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does your significant other know how much you spend on ponies?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
He wouldn't care. He might chastise me for it, but that's as far as it goes. He's stingy.

Also, we aren't married and probably never will be anyways, so I don't care what he thinks. XD   I'm terrible, I know. As long as I'm happy, then good.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »
My fiance does not know how much I spend, not fully anyway. Occasionally I will admit to yeah, this one was really pricey. He does not really care though, we have separate finances. He occasionally asks about cost/worth out of curiosity.

He spends a lot of money on car stuff and I am nice about that...
Oh wait, I spend a lot on car stuff too. Haha.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »
If it's very expensive, yes.   I'd feel guilty otherwise.  Plus, he pays all the credit card bills and I give him the money for mine  (it goes on a spreadsheet).  So he'd know eventually.  Anyway, he's not very helpful when it comes to saving money.  He doesn't like me to say we can't afford something... even when we can't. lol!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
we discuss pretty much all financial transactions, and he generally encourages me to feed my collecting habit :heart: (as long as we have the spare funds)

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »
My husband knows exactly what I spend on ponies because he pays for them! Lol!  :biggrin:
We keep our funds together so I always check with him if he is ok with me getting a pony. He is happy as long as I don't send us broke.  :P
He thinks they are a waste of money but he lets me get them because they make me so happy. (I think having 9 guitars is a waste of money but they make him happy.... so we are pretty even! Lol!) :)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:43:38 PM »
Yes, my husband knows what I have spent or do spend on MLP. He has no room to talk though because Transformers can cost as much as or a lot more than ponies depending on the toy. I also agree with those above, we each have our own things that make us happy that the other may think is a waste of money, so it all becomes even.

kirei_na_sakura

• Trade Count: (0)
Does your significant other know how much you spend on ponies?
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:31 PM »
For the most part, yes. He is usually there when I buy them. :)
Unless I sneak off to eBay...hehe

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
My girlfriend doesn't know but, she wouldn't care. She's supportive of my collecting and will sometimes watch the show with me which is nice. and we don't share any finances so I don't ever feel guilty about what I spend on ponies around her. :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:26:54 PM »
Yes, she knows. But she doesn't care.  We wait for meets and that's when I spend at least $100. I don't spend anywhere near there on a single pony though until meets.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 09:06:12 PM »
He knows but doesn't really care when I actually have money. Currently I haven't bought anything new in a while because of I'm out of work and financial issues.....I recently got the BaB Pinkie Pie with some babysitting money.

The most expensive pony I've bought so far was the :muffin: Pony FS almost a year ago and I have a pretty big card collection, but I don't get cards often enough to really be extremely expensive.

I still don't have Rainbow Dash F37 or three of the gold series 1 box toppers however, and that's because I simply CAN NOT EVER afford $300 on a card,even if I were working, and don't need to buy anymore series 1 boxes. :/

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
I live by myself, but my parents would have a thing or two (or three) to say if they knew.  They're serious penny-pinchers, and also not shy about voicing their opinions.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »
My fiance's the one that keeps track of the finances so he is very well aware of anything I buy, because I always ask him if it's okay first and in the budget.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 10:04:34 PM »
I had to answer this with my ex in mind because I was with him when I bought my latest pony purchase.

Due to the fact we're only 19 and don't have a lot of fun money lying around, he would always stress because we were always broke (from paying for our important expenses and the occasional fun things). When he would complain to me about buying a pony, I would always tell him why I bought it how how it wasn't that much compared to all sorts of other things that I could be spending my money on.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
Hubby is fairly aware - and trusting. We are on a single income (I'm at home with the kids at the moment) so I am fairly conscious of my spending. He knows I trade art for ponies a lot of the time or do my best to buy well or in lots. I usually get to keep the ponies I was wanting and re-coup my costs on selling on the doubles so expenditure is at a minimum.

Ponies really are my treat to me - I'm not a smoker so don't spend money on cigarettes or even junk food, and I'm not a get my nails or hair done every week kinda gal. I don't even buy clothes all that regularly - my kids have better wardrobes than me! So if I do flit a little cash around now and then, I don't feel toooo guilty about it.  Though... it did take me a few days to confess I'd spent $30 on a single pony once!  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal