collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BAB Conversation about next release  (Read 1949 times)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Re: BAB Conversation about next release
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »
Yeah...that "cutting down on buying plushies" rule I've set for myself is gonna go real well this year.  XD

Elf

Cutting down on plushies? Why would you even consider doing such a thing!?!?  :brow:

sailorstitch

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
BAB Conversation about next release
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 06:41:16 AM »
Yeah...that "cutting down on buying plushies" rule I've set for myself is gonna go real well this year.  XD

Elf

Cutting down on plushies? Why would you even consider doing such a thing!?!?  :brow:

sailorstitch

Space. That's the only issue. But they're too cute, I can't help myself. ;P

Elf

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 08:44:36 AM »

Elf

sailorstitch

Space. That's the only issue. But they're too cute, I can't help myself. ;P

Elf

That's the only reason my giant wysteria is going to be sold at pony fair...need space for the soon to be build a bear army lol. I love these new ponies! I still have my Wysteria PJ case but I decided to keep Frilly as my giant since she's so much softer. I really can't wait to see if they do more of the characters from their survey though! I love that they asked the customers what they want unlike hasbro..

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »
I just called to see if I could reserve a pony ( turns out I can't :( ) and I got to talk to the store manager! There will be ponies in stores until the end of the year, with a total of 5 releases. 
My money's on Spike, Rarity, or Celestia.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »
By five different releases did he mean individual characters or "waves"?  If he meant waves and each wave included two characters, then there could possibly be up to 10 characters.

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
By five different releases did he mean individual characters or "waves"?  If he meant waves and each wave included two characters, then there could possibly be up to 10 characters.
It was 5 ponies in all. :(

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »
:hearts:  Yay!  Fluttershy!  In time for the holidaypalooza!  Perfection! :hearts:

And I may (in part) go with a birthday gift card to BAB for my son come July, knowing that August will bring Twilight Sparkle for him... must ponder...

Thanks for the nifty news! ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
It was 5 ponies in all. :(

Ok.  But on the up side, he just said for this year, right?  There is always next year.

On a different but related note, does anyone know how frequently BaB does special releases or how long special releases are generally seen in stores?

Flanuora

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
I think the gentleman I was talking with is the manager but I am not positive.  He made it sound to me was that they would be staggered.  Like, he was eluding to me they wouldn't get another shipment of Pinkies but they would get more Rainbow Dashs next month.  Then in August they would be getting Twilight Sparkle.  Then in November Fluttershy.  I am not sure about the idea of releasing them in pairs.  I am no expert on these things. I am only passing on what the workers there told me. 

I know at my BABW they sold out of Rainbow super fast and have a flood of Pinkies in the store.  I would guess spike will be a smallfry because then he would be the right size to ride on Twilights back.  That will be SO cute.  My son is going to flip out!  I hope she is out for his birthday on the 3rd.  He will be positively giddy.  I personally can't wait for Fluttershy.  I am collecting some pretty girly things.  I try them on my Dash but she gives me this look like REALLY?!?  You better not leave this on me! lol

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 04:18:34 AM »
My craft desk is going to be lined with BAB ponies, haha!

I may have to find another location for them if they take up all my work space.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline PaintedHooves

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 11:45:50 AM »
I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw a picture from BAB of the mane six all in a row dressed up.  At least I'm pretty sure it was the full mane six...  I know for sure I saw AJ in there so if they're only doing 5/6 maybe they're leaving Rarity out :(  I hope not.  I'll have to do some looking to see if I can find that picture again.  I'm pretty sure someone posted it on facebook.

Post Merge: April 22, 2013, 12:19:34 PM

Scratch that... It was this that I saw.  They were claiming these were the ones BAB was getting in :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:19:35 PM by PaintedHooves »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal