collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share Your Custom Anger ! !  (Read 8321 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Share Your Custom Anger ! !
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 06:40:46 AM »
My only frustration at the moment is that I don't have any time for customs. :( I haven't been very active here on the forums either, I usually just skim the new threads but rarely take the time to respond, if I even open them. I have a wait list of 10 commissions/trades pending and I'm eager to start working but it won't probably be 'til summer that I can spare a moment. *sigh*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Alexia

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://easternsunsetcreations.webs.com/
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 07:27:11 AM »
Mine is definitely lack of time! I have some ideas and some WIPs but no time! I have no idea how any moms who work have any time to work on customs! Please tell me your secrets *begs*

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »
I have one commission pony whose sculpted wings have broken off at the base 7 times!!!!! Grrrrrrrr AND I have to ship her overseas. Never want to see her again. My frustration with her totally stopped my enthusiasm for customizing ponies for a long while and made me shut down my commissions. I don't think I will ever sculpt wings for anyone ever after I finish these.

Kalavista, don't put acetone on your skin! That stuff is so bad, they use huge vats of it at my husband's work and they have to treat it like deadly acid. Cuz it is. I keep a pair of those yellow rubber gloves under my sink for when I acetone my ponies :) Part of me wants to see photos of your zombie fingers though ;)

Yellow=evil. And I even have a sweet airbrush.

I use super glue gel and I LOVE it. It stays where I want it to :D and it works fast and is super strong.
I've also never had a problem with sealant tackiness since I started using Testor's dullcoat.
I don't think I have broken a needle (20 ponies later) since I started prepping the hair plug hole with a small awl.

I poke the hole to make it a bit bigger, immediately put the plug in, then the plastic kind of closes it in. This is also a great way to make ponies' hair thicker if you want. You just push the awl in further to make the hole bigger. Seriously, never broken a needle and I can rehair a g4 in a half an hour with no frustration at all.

:hug: hugs to everyone who can't work on ponies because of school, kids, injury and illness

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:41 AM »
Time! Just Time! I needs to go finish painting some of my prepped ponies, they're sat on the shelf looking all sad and unfinished but no time!

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »
*Inhales in preparation for a long rant*
For the moment, it's my rooting tools that are giving me a nightmare. I have three of them, and I keep having to replace the needles. I think it must be that the needles I'm using are poor quality or something. They just keep breaking on me! At this point I'm out of needles, so if it goes again I'm in trouble.
My new airbrush is also very temperamental. I've nicknamed it the Alfa Rome-brush. Because for the brief moment it works, it's fantastic. Unfortunately it spends about 95% of it's time stubbornly refusing to work (I watch too much Top Gear xD).
I recently stripped an old donkey pose G3 custom to remake her, and the de-hairing didn't go well. I've split the base of her neck and merged most of the lower plug holes into one long split. So now she's getting sculpted hair. Great for someone still very new to sculpting and not yet very good.
A few weeks ago I also messed up another G3 custom. She's completely finished, but I don't like her symbol. It just didn't go right. It looks like my first attempt at painting a symbol. Don't know why it went so wrong, but I guess I wasn't really in the mood for painting that day. That will teach me a lesson.

Eluluu: I physically started making grabby hands at that Baby Fizzy, and Baby Masquerade got a similar response.

Edit:
Super glue isn't bad when it sticks to you, it's worse when it gets on your jeans/clothes, melts through it and then BURNS you leg/arm/appendage

Anyone else been there?
Not quite, but your post did remind me of something else that happened a couple of weeks ago. I was doing my first ringlets on a custom and had a bowl of boiling water on my desk. Boiling water and I do not get on (I have several scars from incidents with it). So of course I tipped half the bowl all over my leg. I don't know how I got away with not having that come up in burn blisters or something, because it was hot.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:15:51 AM by Starshinescustoms »
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
Yellow is evil.

why?
Becuase it tends to go on very thinly transparently. So, you might need 4-6 layers of yellow to get it to look solid, whereas another color might only need 2-3, if that. :huh: Metallics can be the same way, unless you use a base coat of a similar but not metallic color as an undercoat (light blue under a blue metallic, gray under silver, etc.)

My biggest complaint right now is allergies. Its the end of April, and we just got another 6 inches of snow last night, so all the perennials - which would normally be outside in the garden area of the store - are inside to keep them from dying of cold. I don't know which one I'm allergic to, but shortly after I got in to work yesterday, I started coughing. That loud, wracking cough that normal serves as a signal to tell you, "your body is trying to cough stuff out of your lungs, would you go to the doctor already???" Except, I've seen the doctor already, back when the wheezing cough started, and he said it was allergies, there's nothing *in* my lungs. On my way to punch out for the night, I was informed by a coworker that he could hear me coughing on the other side of the store.  :hmm: So of course, this morning I wake up still coughing, with my nose plugged up, and sure enough - now I'm sick. My stomach muscles already hurt from all the coughing I did yesterday. I *really* hope the snow is metled and it's warm enough for the plants to be outside when I go back in to work on Thursday. I dunno how much more of this I can take. Especially since it's hard to work on customs when you're trying to hack up a lung from allergies. :cry:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »
Full-body repaints in white or yellow.  Surprisingly, white is the easier one to work with between those two.  I have two customs that I'm making for a friend that, despite having yellow base ponies, need to be painted yellow due to sculpting.  I hate having to do that... so freaking much...

Cutting myself with a Xacto is another one, or even worse, cutting through the neck/plug while I'm working.

Needles breaking constantly.  Many profanities are uttered when that happens.

Not enough time.

Poor sculpting.

Seriously, if it weren't for the satisfaction I feel when I'm done, I wouldn't be making customs. XD

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:05 PM »
stipping a pony....experimenting....then realizing that experiment was an epic fail and i just wasted a pony..... Bah its gonna take me about a month to clean up that epic fail lol

Lack of time due to kids, work and school is also frustrating... i have 2 that need to be dehaired painted and rehaird.....poor headless ponies
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:38:23 PM by CrazyCatPony »

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
I latest frustration is with apartment living, and my work schedule. I work noon to 8, which means I don't really have any time to do the airbrushing I need to do on two ponies I'm working on. And on my days off, my boyfriend and I are usually out doing errands, cutting down on when I can work.

I dunno, I probably could get away with running my airbrush until like 11. But I'm not sure if that's "okay."

Also, I have a small air compressor, so I can only use it for about 30 minutes at a time, max.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »
auuuugh.
I hope third times the charm with this FBR.  Random dust bunny totally destroyed the face :(
And I had to remix the base paint D:

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2013, 01:03:49 PM »
Oh my freaking god!  :whoa:

I was doing some airbrushing today, and I was taking off the nozzle with cleanings (like I had seen in JuJu's video on facebook). As I was screwing it back on, it snapped!

I was able to find a replacement on Amazon (along with an extra needle), for a decent price. Now I just have to hope I can get the bit that screws into the airbrush out... Otherwise I'm fearful I'll have to buy a new one...  :cry:

Edit:
While I got the piece out. Thank goodness!
Here's the damage:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:13:33 PM by MoonHawke »
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2013, 01:24:04 PM »
add hairing after sculpting and detailed painting is finished... i was careful but i still have to do a lot of repairwork where the sculpting tried to pop up. its wired in there good so its not gonna break or anything i jsut have to touch up the paintwork, reseal (around the hair now ugh) and pack some more putty around the internal wires just to make myself feel better. *grumbles*

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
Trying to get claywork done on a mer-pony and the clay scales either stick to my fingers so the scale or the ones around it get messed up trying to get the one scale off, or fall off my finger and onto the floor just as I'm about to get it onto the pony body. Aaargh!
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • KaeLynn Design on Etsy
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »
That gosh darn freakin' glue around the necks of the G3's!!   :pullhair:

Commissions are OPEN!
Find me on Instagram @ kaelynn_design
KaeLynn Design on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaeLynnDesign

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »
I can't get Flurry's head off!!!  :enraged: :yikes:
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal