collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The absolute worst condition dolls I've ever seen!  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Re: The absolute worst condition dolls I've ever seen!
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 07:24:37 AM »
If we didn't clean our rooms, our toys got picked up and tossed in the garbage. I've dug out my grey poodle Pound Puppy from the trash tons of times!   :lookround: I never learned to pick my toys up then, just easier to dig them out the trash lol

Children's toys are just that... toys. I don't mind seeing a child with a chewed up, half melted stinky moldy * insert chosen toy here  :P * because the child obviously has a bond with ol' stinky. I don't even mind kids intentionally destroying their toys. It's when you see rotten brats tossing things aside and throwing a fit because they know someone is going to replace the toy.

Kids don't know respect for their belongings because most of the time they don't have to work/earn their toys. I say this because my nine year old does the same thing. Her bike gets stolen? "Bleh". Her 3DS gets lost somewhere in her messy room? "bleh". No respect.  >_<
Avvie By Watercolors

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
ohmygodwtf.
Poor dollies  :cry: I want to save them.so.badly.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »
Can I just say I just realized it's hilarious that Rochelle comes with her little "My trip" book? She should have written- "I went on a trip to Scaris- and look what happened. LOOK."

cleverLC

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 09:12:37 AM »
I pity the poor dolls who end up in those children hands. If I had children, I would not let them destroy a toy like this, I think is a bad lesson to learn; If the "thing" can´t defense itself or scream it means it´s ok to be hurt or destroyed, that it´s ok to be mean. But at least who caught in those evil hands was a doll, not a living thing... or I hope that so.
Or maybe I´m overreacting, hehe! but I see evil little hands puting their fingers around those poor dolls... :cry:

My parents trained me out of this at a very early age:  "If you can't take care of it, we're throwing it out and not replacing it."  I destroyed a yarn-haired fabric doll once.  ONCE.  Not having the doll anymore was enough of a consequence to keep me from doing that ever again.  (Granted, I was 3 years old and didn't realize that having a doll "hide" under the lampshade would cause the bulb to burn the doll's hair off.)

There's a difference between "I want to customize this toy" or "I want to see how this works/is put together" and "I'm going to doodle on and destroy this toy just for kicks and giggles."  These photos mostly look like the latter, especially those poor ripped-apart boys. :(

The Lalas with "haircuts" honestly don't bug me though.  Every preschooler will cut doll hair once, and the doll's still playable and cute, even with a weird haircut. :)  (That, and I'm sitting there thinking, "Ooh, rehair bait!")  Plus, they didn't do anything else to damage those particular dolls.  I think that's a case of a child genuinely loving the dolls and wanting to do new things with their hair--which is typical.  It does beg the question of "why did you give such a delicate doll to a kid that young" though.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:21:32 AM by cleverLC »

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 09:36:23 AM »
*Whips out the ole' "when I was yer age" speech*

I remember taking really great care of my Polly Pockets as a kid because they were expensive (to a kid at least) and the inventory changed so rapidly I knew I wasn't ever going to get an exact replacement of a doll. Plus, I loved my toys, and didn't want to hurt them. I was devastated when a little girl tore up a bunch of my Pollies' dresses.

I do remember once "customizing" my friend's car with her once though. The paint was stripped away so that the plastic was clear in places, so we sat huddled in her closet applying nail polish to fix it up.

Hey, maybe that's the parent's way to discipline the kid, selling away the broken toys on eBay.
(!) Actually, that could be a great idea. ''You broke your toys and want new ones? Okay. You can buy new ones with the money from the sale of your old toys. Oh, they're not worth much anymore? SO WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THIS?''  :sly:

I like this! I actually kind of hope this is the case. It's a shame that someone ruined so many dolls and kept getting more, but I hope they learn a lesson about it.

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
You know I'd totally buy all of the boy baits to fix up but I guess that's the customizer in me seeing the potential rather than damage haha

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »
Can I just say I just realized it's hilarious that Rochelle comes with her little "My trip" book? She should have written- "I went on a trip to Scaris- and look what happened. LOOK."
Haha, shoulda gone to Vegas xD

Hi oak23!

nyanpotato

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »
You know I'd totally buy all of the boy baits to fix up but I guess that's the customizer in me seeing the potential rather than damage haha
I think the Lala's with chopped hair are good rehair baits too  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal