collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Glitter and resin baby Lofty, for sale  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Glitter and resin baby Lofty, for sale
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »
I do plan to eventually have newborns yes, and a friend has sent me a DG baby to make a mold of. I am sorry, but we still do not plan to sell blanks. It would be next to impossible for someone else to hair the pony once they got it anyways, the only way I am able to do it is timing it carefully and pulling it from the mold while it is still soft enough to push the hairing needle into.

Rehairing is the hardest part of customs anyways. But what I have been wondering is since you do commissions can you do ones that are blank flanks or maybe even without any paint at all? I'd love to make my ponysona some day but it would need a clear green glitter body with red hair.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 08:36:41 AM »
OMG I LOVE the baby mold! and she is soooooooooooo yellow!

Rehairing is the hardest part of customs anyways. But what I have been wondering is since you do commissions can you do ones that are blank flanks or maybe even without any paint at all? I'd love to make my ponysona some day but it would need a clear green glitter body with red hair.
why not have Tiella do all the work for you :D she is fabulous at the painting

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
I am not sure why people are still asking about buying blanks of these. How many times do Tiella and her husband have to say that they are not selling blank resin ponies.

If you want one, there are two options. You can either commission Tiella to make one for you, or you can find your own way to make resin ponies.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 10:04:01 AM »
Oh wow! That is a bright yellow!!!! She looks great!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »
I know they aren't going to be selling blanks en masse
OMG I LOVE the baby mold! and she is soooooooooooo yellow!

why not have Tiella do all the work for you :D she is fabulous at the painting

I could be wrong but I don't think Tiella has an airbrush (neither do I yet but I do plan on getting one) for the black gradients since it seems like she handpaints her ponies.

If you want one, there are two options. You can either commission Tiella to make one for you, or you can find your own way to make resin ponies.

I don't see a big difference between commissioning a haired pony that hasn't been painted on and commissioning a pony that has all the details painted on. It would still be a commissioned one of a kind pony and not a bunch of mass produced blanks. I know she isn't going to be selling just a bunch of blanks on etsy or eBay which is what people were asking about and would likely get them in trouble.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »
I do too in fact have an airbrush, a very high quality one in fact. Here are examples of airbrushed ponies:

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »
That's really cute! :lol:

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
I know she isn't going to be selling just a bunch of blanks on etsy or eBay which is what people were asking about and would likely get them in trouble.

No, actually, they have said very clearly that they are not selling blanks period. It has nothing to do with etsy or ebay or the arena or selling one blank pony or 10 blank ponies. They have said no. Ultimately that is the artists choice. If they do not want to sell a blank resin pony then they are not going to sell a blank resin pony. "Comissioning" a blank pony is not going to get around that fact. I really wish people would just be respectful of this decision and stop trying to find ways round it. It's frustrating me and I'm not even the artist!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »
I do too in fact have an airbrush, a very high quality one in fact.

That's awesome! So you would be able to make the pony in my av minus the wings someday?

I know she isn't going to be selling just a bunch of blanks on etsy or eBay which is what people were asking about and would likely get them in trouble.

No, actually, they have said very clearly that they are not selling blanks period. It has nothing to do with etsy or ebay or the arena or selling one blank pony or 10 blank ponies. They have said no. Ultimately that is the artists choice. If they do not want to sell a blank resin pony then they are not going to sell a blank resin pony. "Comissioning" a blank pony is not going to get around that fact. I really wish people would just be respectful of this decision and stop trying to find ways round it. It's frustrating me and I'm not even the artist!

Sometimes people are willing to bend rules and sometimes not. That is up to the artist to decide. And also what counts as a "blank" varies from person to person. For some a half finished pony counts as a "blank" and for some a half finished pony is a different thing. Tho maybe such conversations are better suited to PMs.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
Yep I could make the pony in your avi. Commissions will be closing May 1st and re-open August 1st. I am prepping for a convention and am having a baby the beginning of July.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »
You're right that the decision is up to the artist, but I think she and her husband have answered this question enough times and have been pretty explicit about this.

I don't really think there are varying definition of "blank." A pony with no paint on it is a blank pony, and that is what you asked for. And that is what they have said they will not sell. If you had a specific inquiry about getting a commission, you're right, that would have been a good question to send to Tiella in a PM.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:48:20 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »
Yep I could make the pony in your avi. Commissions will be closing May 1st and re-open August 1st. I am prepping for a convention and am having a baby the beginning of July.

That's fine, I don't mind waiting until you open up again since I need time to try and save up the money anyways.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2013, 05:35:56 PM »
Still marveling over these resins! She looks great!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal