collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have/would you still get the BAB Ponies even if they're not favorite characters?  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
I have the dilemma of several things: 1, I'm not sure I want to spend $24 to get Rainbow or Pinkie when I have the Funrise releases and am okay with them; 2, Still, I want to support Build-A-Bear in their Pony activities so they will hopefully make more characters; 3, Neither Rainbow or Pinkie are particularly favorite characters of mine; 4, I've heard the BAB versions are bigger than the Funrise ones, and in any case, I love their hair. And I'm impressed by the pictures I've seen of the BAB plushies.

So, what is everyone doing, BAB plushie-wise? Especially if Rainbow and Pinkie aren't among your favorite characters, either. Would you still get them (or one of them)? Or have you gotten them already?

(I like Pinkie better than Rainbow, usually, although I am very impressed by BAB Rainbow's wings....)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Well, I really love Pinkie and Dash, so I'll definitely be getting both of them.  Plus, they look like really well made plushies, and I was not impressed with Funrise's plushes.  I decided to only collect the tiny Funrise plushies; for the larger ones, I'll be spending my hard-earned pony funds on the higher-quality stuff  :)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
if you don't like the characters they have now, just wait. Don't buy something you don't really want. You might regret the purchase later on. Save your cash. They will be coming out with more characters later this year.

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
I live too far from a BAB to be really tempted, although Pinkie is one of my favorites (it's a three-way tie or so, so I'm never in too much peril). There are rumors of a second pair of ponies, so maybe that'll keep some people from giving in. Still, it'd be nice to have a Fluttershy, I don't own anything of her yet...

I know where you're coming from on wanting to support the idea of ponies as moneymakers so they'll make more, though. A video game I'm playing is going to have a new playable species soon as a paid extra, and though their choice of species was kind of lackluster, I'm worried that if enough people don't get it they won't do anything cooler! Build-a-ponies, I think, should be selling well enough that I don't feel so pressured. It'll be a little disappointing if they just do the mane six and stop, but that poll that's been going around makes me pretty hopeful.

Imagine how cute a BAB Minty would be...

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
 Supposedly Fluttershy and Twilight are going to be available soon.  It's not confirmed, but I don't think there's any reason to not expect that, since they ponies are selling, and given those two are popular characters as well. (Fluttershy is arguably the most popular character in the show, after all.)
I'll put something here some time

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
I don't think i will get them as I'm not really into PP or RD :/
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Gogobinsin

Pinkie is amongst my favourite characters but I already have way too many BAB's I've collected over the years. I will definitely get a Fluttershy when she's released and possibly a Princess Luna if she's ever made :) I get your point about wanting to support them so they make more but I'm pretty sure enough people have done so already. They've apparently confirmed further releases so I'm sure they've sold well enough :) If there's other characters you want more then wait for them instead, if you planned to buy clothes for them all then it could end up quite pricey. Save your pennies for one you'd appreciate having more :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
If you do not like them then do not get them. They most likely will be coming out with the others in time :)

GoodyGumdrop

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are far from my favorites, but the BAB plushies are so well done that I don't regret buying them. I plan on getting them all from Build a Bear as they are released.

So far I've refrained from buying any other G4 plush because they are so meh.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
I would wait if they're not your favorite characters and wouldn't enjoy them as much. I love RD so I'll be getting her, but if all they has was DJ Pony and Dr. Hooves? I personally would pass! Not into those characters so I wouldn't see justifying spending $24 on them. They did another survey and it looks like they'll be coming out with others :) *hopes for Fluttershy, Rarity, and Luna*
My Wish List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
I'm not the right person to ask...... Rainbow Dash is one of my favorites, but Pinkie isn't. However I bought them both on the first day. Why? Because out of all my collections, my biggest collection is my plushie collection. I intend to buy as many of the pony plushies that are coming out this year as I can get my hands on! That includes Funrise, Ty, BAB, E4 and all the others we've seen.

sailorstitch

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
I will definitely NOT be buying them!  Why the #*@%%@ would I spend $80 on a stuffed toy?   If I search the thrift stores a month or two from now, and buy one of these silly BAB MLP's there, it'll at MOST cost me $5.99...  But I'm not a plushie pony collector either!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
I barely appreciate the non-pony plushies I already have, so I am not going to buy any of the BABs until my favorite(Twilight Sparkle) is released :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I'm having the exact same argument with myself.  On the one hand, I like Rainbow Dash's color and design in itself but her personality in the show is my least favorite.  On the other hand, I have never liked how hard Hasbro pushes Pinkie Pie and her monochrome pink just doesn't appeal to me.  But I *love* her "smile" song.   I even wrote on the last BaB survey that if they had a sound clip of her singing that song, I would totally buy a plushie of her just for that.

Part of me wants to hold out for Twilight Sparkle but another part of me is worried that they might change their minds and not make any more characters and I will have missed out on getting one at all.

spookysage

I will definitely NOT be buying them!  Why the #*@%%@ would I spend $80 on a stuffed toy?   If I search the thrift stores a month or two from now, and buy one of these silly BAB MLP's there, it'll at MOST cost me $5.99...  But I'm not a plushie pony collector either!

$80? Is that how much one would cost with all the outfits?  :blink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal