collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have/would you still get the BAB Ponies even if they're not favorite characters?  (Read 3060 times)

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
No. My Dashie was about $25 and her gala dress was another $15.

If I search the thrift stores a month or two from now, and buy one of these silly BAB MLP's there, it'll at MOST cost me $5.99.

Pretty much this. I love the fact that they're actually making really nice pony plushies, so I wanted to buy at least one at full price. I know me...once I get one I'll want to collect them all. Just like those infernal blind bags. :P They are rather pricey though, so I bought Dashie at BAB but I'll try to wait for the others to turn up at thrift stores. (That'll be hard. They're just so damn cute!)
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie aren't really "top tier" for me, but I caved and built myself an RD. Sure, it was a little pricey and I'm not particularly huge on plush toys (they take up too much room, and they're not really my decorative style), but gosh, it sure was a lot of fun!

I am super picky about my Pony toys. I try to keep my collection to my absolute favorites so that they don't overrun me and stage a hostile takeover of my living space. :P

I think that I'm caught up in the excitement of this. I'd never gone to Build-a-Bear before this, but this was such a fresh take on MLP merch that I couldn't resist.

Rainbow Dash will hold me over until they (hopefully) make Rarity. I'll probably draw the line at her, though.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Neither are my favorites so I won't be buying them at that price.  :P My niece adores Pinkiepie so I bought her one but she's not getting all of them.  Based on how quickly they're selling,  I don't think we have to worry about BAB.  They're too expensive to buy just to support a cause that is already getting so much support.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm not fond of either Rainbow Dash or Pinkie but I do plan to buy Dashie because I want to support Build-A-Bear in creating more ponies.  Plus, I think they're cute, regardless.   :)

That said, if you want to wait: BAB today told me Twilight comes out in August and Fluttershy comes out in October.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I got Pinkie Pie because she's one of my favorites. My favorite of the main six are Fluttershy and Pinkie. I have the 10" Funrise plush of those two as well. Once Fluttershy comes out at BABW, I'll definitely get her, but I'll be passing on the others. I don't have the room and I really can't afford to get them all, anyway.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
I will definitely NOT be buying them!  Why the #*@%%@ would I spend $80 on a stuffed toy?   If I search the thrift stores a month or two from now, and buy one of these silly BAB MLP's there, it'll at MOST cost me $5.99...  But I'm not a plushie pony collector either!

Heh, no way would I pay $80 either. That money would buy me a lot of TV DVDs and Ponies. If/when I visit a Build-A-Bear, I just want the Pony, not a whole wardrobe!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
I have no pony plush from FiM, but I don't really want the Pinkie BAB so I am getting just Rainbow Dash.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
I'm not going to be buying them. The only Plushies that I want are G1 plushies.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
BAB plush always seems "cheap" to me, so I am avoiding them as well. I'll be getting the Aurora plush, most likely. The Beanie Babies, definitely.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Ooh, this is something I haven't heard before. How do you find them cheap? Does it seem like the stitches aren't tight? My only experience with BAB is a wolf plushie one of my dear friends sent me, and she seems to be holding up well. :) But if BAB plushies often fall apart, that could be a definite factor in what I decide to do for any future Pony plushies from them as well.

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I personally wouldn't; I really dislike Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, and I can't justify spending 24$ on a character I don't like.
I'm waiting for Rarity.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
They aren't my favorite characters but I picked up Rainbow dash who I think is the cuter of the two in the BAB version. I will happily die if they'd hurry and release a fluttershy. 
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Rarity is my favourite and as I know she is getting a plush release in, what I consider, the cuter Aurora option, I had intended only to purchase that plush and the 4th Dimension release. But the recent BAB thread and the obi wan kenobi Pinkie Pie means I have caved and added Pinkie to my collection.

But I would have say - dont stress too much over it and only go with the releases that really appeal to you - there are so many different plush coming out this year you are not going to miss out if you only buy those of your favourite pony and you would have to be a pony millionare to keep up with them all at the current rate :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
I love the plushies, but I am holding out for an Applejack.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal