collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Sense Stories  (Read 993 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Sense Stories
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:21:48 AM »
Does anybody else have a "Pony Sense"? That anticipation/tingly feeling that you get on a day when you know there are ponies out there waiting for you. Share your Pony Sense stories! :)

Well, I got it on Sunday. Obviously that's not a post delivery day (I am waiting on 3 parcels), but it is a car boot sale day. No ponies at the car boot. In fact, i'm not sure that I even saw any fakies, I've done quite well the last two times out and found G2/G3/G4. Bit disappointed.

I went to our local toyshop as I'm pony hunting for an Arena member, trying to get her Lyra/Trixie etc. I stupidly picked up Cherry Pie somehow thinking she was the Cherry Berry that I needed for my friend. I realised my mistake as we were walking away but I couldn't abandon her back to the shop now.

I started writing a for sale thread yesterday, to find her a home because I already have her. I couldn't go through with it, so I decided that when I got home yesterday evening I'd debox her and put her on my shelf as a duplicate, I don't mind duplicates although I don't usually go out of my way. I thought when I was deboxing her that I didn't recognise the suitcase she came with but I bought so many G4s so fast...

Well, I came to put her on the shelf and guess what, I couldn't find my original Cherry Pie so I mustn't have had one! Lucky for Cherry Pie that my Pony Sense lead me to her, and to keep her. :lol:

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
Re: Pony Sense Stories
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:55:40 AM »
awww, lovely story Daffy!

xx

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:32:57 AM »
Awwww, lol, thats a cute story, Daffy! :)

Ive got a story to share too! Its been about 6 years ago I think. I met one of my best friends for the first time then and soon later we went to our first fleamarket-pony-tour together. While we walked we were chatting about fleamarket luck and such and she mentioned, that she never had a lot of it actually. I told her, that if there was something to find, I was always there to find it. She laughed and said something about "just luck", but I insisted "No, I have a pony-sense. If there is one, I will find it." Soon we were about to leave the market and my friend teased me that I didnt find anything. Right on the exit there was one last table. It was holding tons of kitchenware and dishes only. We were almost past it when that tiny little bell rang in my head... "Ponies..." I bowed down, grabbed a box labelled with "old dishes" and opened it. And... there was BeachBall lying on top of the dishes. Even the seller was stunned lol. I grabbed her, payed 50cent for her and said to my friend : "See? I can smell, if one is there."
Now, 6 years after that, my friend still giggles about this happening and tells the story over and over again, when we meet new pony friends.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:43:03 AM by Einhornbaby »

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:10 AM »
Great stories! I hope I can hone my pony sense someday. So far, the one pony I've gotten from a thrift store comes of going to one a little further away than usual, doing a thorough check of the toy aisle, then poking around the clothes, nearly checking out but dawdling at the CDs/DVDs/games/software before veering back to look at the books, and then checking the toy aisle one last time just in case a pony had been restocked since I'd checked last. And one had! Hopefully that means I've got a pony sense in training.

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:05:10 AM »
My pony sense isn't too well-developed yet, but I do have one story... I was out and about one late afternoon on a mission to go to the beach and look for a comet, but on my way I suddenly had an urge to pop into one charity shop for a quick look. And in there was a bag of G1 ponies, 3 adults and 4 babies! That's the only time I've found G1s in a charity shop so far. The adults were all a bit tatty, but the babies all cleaned up really nice and I love them!

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:45 AM »
pony-sense must be used only for good!

I used to go to a swap-meet every Sunday. If there were ponies there I could find them.
Sometimes I would have to search through the grungiest stuff, plunging an arm into a mess of naked grotty barbie dolls to grab the pony i knew was right at the bottom.

Best time was when I saw a whole basket of fake ponies with a couple of real ones mixed in. I asked if they had any more, and two more baskets were brough out of the car full of wonderfully rare delights!
The sellers were having as much fun as I was just watching me sort through them all.
They tipped out the first basket onto a blanket and amongst the fakies was a nss Truly!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 07:04:28 AM »
Yup, I have. I can't remember specifics, but definitely has happened - for both Value Village and other stores. Hubby gets it sometimes too.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »
Great stories everyone! Pony sense is truly amazing!

The most vivid memory I have of pony sense is from when I was little, probably 9. I was at a flea market with my dad and we were walking by a booth with a box of grungy boy toys. I hadn't had any luck that day but I just knew there was a pony there so I grabbed a chunk of green and pulled out a SS Magic Star! My dad asked me if I wanted to keep looking and I said no haha! I guess my pony sense knew I found the only one in the box!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »
I'm not exactly sure it's sense for me more like luck. When we were shopping in Aber I was determined to go to craft and I bagged Princess Royal Blue and Princess Amethyst which was pretty awesome.

And with my Mimic that I'm awaiting delivery of I watched her on ebay, dreamed about her all week and on payday at 5am just before I started my shift I quick checked the bank saw I'd been paid extra and bid on her straight away and won when it ended half an hour later. Perhaps it is luck that my work shift starts at an ungodly hour haha.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »
I dug into a box of Barbies and Barbie clothes and found a Braided Beauty and baby Cotton Candy :) They were at an auction though, so I don't know if I get to take them home for two weeks... :yikes:

shadowdreamer

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »
OH! I thought I was the only one that called it "Pony Sense!" XD  I get it all the time, today for example I was in a dress shop that just so happened to have a little bitty section of girl toys...SO I walked over and what did I find? A ride along with Twilight Sparkle.....or Friday, I was in Lowes...with my grandparents, walking around...and suddenly I stopped because I could feel my "pony sense" just telling me something was over there...and I found a My little pony book that comes with suction cup little pictures of all the characters! XD  I will be shopping in walmart and I will feel my "pony sense" and sure enough, i will find a random blind bag behind some cokes in the can drink row, or  find my little pony cups  in the middle of Kmart! XD I love my pony sense, even my mother calls it pony sense now.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »
I have no pony sense to speak of my boyfriend on the other hand can almost smell them it's downright uncanny, many a time we have walked by a goodwill and he says "there might be ponies" and lo and be hold there are. Most of my collection is thanks to my boyfriend he finds them in flea markets, discount stores, goodwill, and so forth.

Cherokie-chan

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 04:21:48 PM »
Not for ponies specifically, but every now and again I've gotten a feeling that I ought to go to a particular second-hand store to have a poke around and have been rewarded with a videogame or book or knickknack I've been hunting for.  Other times I've walked into a store or approached a garage sale and gotten a weird, expectant feeling that there's something there waiting to go home with me.

Usually, though, my treasure-sense amounts to me having really good luck finding something at a certain store and just hitting up the same store whenever I have a chance.  I end up finding something special there sooner or later.  And a lot of the time it's the exact opposite - I go someplace feeling ever so hopeful that I'll discover something I've been dying to have, and find nothing of value whatsoever.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:24:33 PM by Cherokie-chan »

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
You guys are lucky! I don't have a pony sense at all! (or pokémon or MST3k, either, sadly.) I just have make sure I always look for ponies when I happen to be at a thrift store or yard sale, just in case. Once in a while I'm rewarded, like when (on vacation several states away, no less) I found the Pokémon Kakuna and Beedrill, who I never could find as a kid, and on their original card, no less! Best dollar I ever spent. :)
I'll put something here some time

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
*grins* my 'pony sense' experiences stand out, partly because it isn't that often that I get that feeling!

a few years ago I was up at a flea market I don't go to very often, and I spotted a black plastic bag, and even though the seller had NO toys, something told me to look in that bag...inside was a mint newborn Dangles, and Tappy, and some accessories!

Just recently, I talked my dad into going to a flea market we hadn't visited before, for some reason I just felt I *had* to go there.  I walked in and found a Starry Wings right away!

My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal