collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Antique Pony Storage - Yes Please!  (Read 6111 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Antique Pony Storage - Yes Please!
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
That's so beautiful! Hopefully someday I have the room and the budget for something like that.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 02:25:08 PM »
Houstonbrony72, I saw your original post with that fantastic carved bookshelf. I'm so jealous! I agree with your painting dilemma. Ponies seem to look so much better on lighter colors, but those shelves are so cool already. normally I tell myself that paint can be undone, but all that carving would be a pain to strip if you changed your mind. I want to see photos if you do decide to paint!
  is a big decision LOL  but I'm ready to( ruin it ) paint it  LOL  It is just going to be in the pony room unless someone from my family decides to rescue it from me LOL  but so far no takers for it ,so It's days of natural dark wood are coming to an end very soon :)    white or baby blue ?? LOL

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2013, 04:50:46 AM »
ooohhh loves :)

autojoy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2013, 05:41:54 AM »
Woah, these are all great!! I love seeing stuff get polished up and loved again!  :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 03:52:49 AM »
I just desperately wanted to re-spark this thread, it's marvellous. Finally, today I have sprayed my grandma's antique table with barley legs. I'm so pleased with how it's looking, but I did the spray paint rather thick (I was too close!) Hopefully, once dry, in 24 hours, it will be beautiful. I'll post pictures then, this is the first chance I've had to paint it, since I've either been at college, or the wind has been really too bad.
I'm so excited!

Post Merge: June 19, 2013, 03:58:27 AM

...and I'm eyeing up more antiquities to sand down and spray!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:58:27 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2013, 04:14:33 AM »
I do this sort of thing to furniture too, I really enjoy it.  :) your cabinet looks really lovely now, I would be over the moon to find such a nice cabinet!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2013, 04:41:58 AM »
Aww - that cabinet is really adorable! I would love it both with or without ponies! :)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:31 AM »
Oh my! With my husband in the antique business I know I'll tell him to get the next old weird looking cabinet to turn it into the best pony cabinet ever just like you did!

I love old furniture so your old cabinet was looking good in the first place to me but after repaint! Wow! It got a whole new life!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2013, 05:39:36 AM »
Aw, that's fantastic! Wish I had space for something like that!

TwilightOwl

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2013, 07:05:42 AM »
I just desperately wanted to re-spark this thread, it's marvellous. Finally, today I have sprayed my grandma's antique table with barley legs. I'm so pleased with how it's looking, but I did the spray paint rather thick (I was too close!) Hopefully, once dry, in 24 hours, it will be beautiful. I'll post pictures then, this is the first chance I've had to paint it, since I've either been at college, or the wind has been really too bad.
I'm so excited!

I'm excited to see how it turned out!

Oh my! With my husband in the antique business I know I'll tell him to get the next old weird looking cabinet to turn it into the best pony cabinet ever just like you did!

I love old furniture so your old cabinet was looking good in the first place to me but after repaint! Wow! It got a whole new life!
A hubby in the antique business, Lucky! We want to see photos when you find something.  :biggrin:  I enjoyed the distressed original finish on the cabinet I found too, but I already have a few distressed pieces hanging around. I try to find a balance between shabby and refurbished.  ;)

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2013, 07:40:50 AM »
I LOVE it!! I have a very small MLP collection right now plus I don't have the room for another piece of furniture (I live in a studio apt). However, once I move to a bigger house this definitely inspires me to go out and find a unique piece to hold my ponies! Plus it would look oh so cute in my future little girl's bedroom (hopefully someday I will have at LEAST once little girl)! :)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
I'm so excited!

please post pics here or in of topic pleeeeease, before, during and after pics :D must see.

this whole thing is my hobby next to mlp collecting and i love combining them together

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
I was about to ponyfy the antique bookcase and I was just making the last family member aware of my gifted bookcase and well it has found a new home , so it was rescued :)  It will really go with my sisters decoration in her living room and I'm glad  she gets it, I feel like I need a glass shelve for the ponies to display better , the antique  bookcase even painted was going to be a challenge to display much of the pony power I have,I plan to get a glass top desk in its place and display whatever i can on top of it , Probably the train g4 and the g2 Mansion :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2013, 07:08:56 AM »
I'm so excited!

please post pics here or in of topic pleeeeease, before, during and after pics :D must see.

this whole thing is my hobby next to mlp collecting and i love combining them together
I don't have before photos... I have during and after, maybe one of the colour before.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2013, 02:45:04 AM »
As promised, a little late... :blush: I cannot find before photos, must be on my other memory card which I have misplaced.
But anyway, here's the table. Many more items in the works currently, and if I do find the 'before' photo, I will update!

Hope everyone likes, it was my first attempt at spray painting! From there, it has gone horribly wrong ever since, so I'm back to using a paint brush! XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal