collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me about opening a PP claim on items not recieved?  (Read 398 times)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Tell me about opening a PP claim on items not recieved?
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »
I paid for a non-eBay item March 24th. The seller said she would ship twice. Once I understood it to be because of Easter, the second time she said she was shipping, she was going to ship after work.

I messaged her a third time a few minutes ago, asking if she had shipped. She's on the forum ( not this one ) and hasn't answered my message. I'm hoping she sees her PM and replies. I'm kinda getting irked. Mostly because I paid for Priority and it only takes three to five days max to deliver. I have a feeling she hadn't shipped at all and is sitting on the item. She is in the US.

So, I am being super cool, allowing her time to ship, but it's nearing the mid point of the 45 day claim window. I'm really upset because of her lack of urgency on her part.

If I open a claim saying I haven't received my item, what happens next?
I really want the item, but seriously, I don't want to loose $103 because she keeps putting off shipping it to me. She was supposed to PM me a tracking number ( Priority always gets tracking, it's included in the shipping price ).

I hadn't mentioned being upset, since she works, I understand sometimes you don't have time to do things like so.

edit: She logged off the forum without replying to my PM. It's feeding my paranoia.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:01:17 PM by Like A Tea Spoon »
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Tell me about opening a PP claim on items not recieved?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »
That sounds like an annoying situation :( Sometimes opening a paypal claim can kick someone into gear. I might if I were in your shoes.. Definitely make sure you do it before your 45 day limit is up.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »
I agree with Maniah. Make sure you make your claim.... or you might lose your money and not get what you paid for. She might be trying to scam you....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:22:47 PM »
I'd Pm her and let you know that you're stressing about your paypal window, and if it comes up to within the shipping time for it, you'll have no choice but to open a claim!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
I could understand if she couldn't get to the post office. If you can't be bothered to ship in a timely manner then you really shouldn't be selling. Period.

I think three PM's is enough. If by the end of this week I don't get a real tracking number or the item itself, then by Thursday evening, I'm opening up a claim.  :huh: I will be letting her know this on Monday.

By opening up a claim though... how soon would I get my refund and if she doesn't have enough in her account, do I still get my total amount?
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »
Here's the basics from my PP dispute I filed against dollyhair back in Jan.

You file a claim with PP that you have not received your items before the 45 day limit. They will then contact the party for you. Make sure you give a detailed explanation in the space they provide for you to do so. Ideally this will light a fire under your seller's butt and get them to get in touch with you. In my case, this didn't happen. You have an amount of time in which you can raise the dispute to a claim (this is what you need to do if you want your money back!!!), though you can do so as soon as you file the dispute if you want.

Once the issue has been changed to a claim, PP then will try and get in touch with the seller to get their side of the story. It can take up to 30 days for them to decide how to resolve the case. If I recall correctly, mine took close to that long for them to rule on. PP did not find in my favor, so I called them to figure out why. The guy I talked to was very nice, and said he didn't know why it hadn't been ruled in my favor, changed it and I had the money back in my account that day.

Seriously, file the dispute before the 45 days is up. That way should things work out for you, you can close the dispute saying that it was resolved (no harm, no foul). If not, it buys you more time after the 45 day window to try and get your money back.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 03:46:41 AM »
I think you are handling it well. And have been more than patient.

Unfortunately opening a case maybe your only option to get her to respond or ship your item. And if you write her and make note of what your doing then I see absolutely no harm in doing so. There is nothing worse than having someone just completely ignore you when they have your money and your item. 

As far as getting your money back if you do open your claim.  There is a process as MoonHawke stated above.
You need to escalate to a claim within 20 calendar days after opening the dispute. This is because a dispute will automatically be closed 20 calendar days after it was opened. Once a dispute is closed, it’s not possible to re-open it or escalate it to a claim. When you escalate your dispute to a claim, you’re asking PayPal to make a decision on the claim in accordance with the terms of the PayPal User Agreement. If your seller has not responded to the case or provides tracking info, Paypal will almost most certainly side in your favor.  When it is decided in your favor your funds should be released back to you immediately.

So to sum it up on how fast you will get your funds back will be determined on how long you wait to escalate the claim once it is opened. I personally feel allowing 7 days before it is escalated is a fair amount of time for the seller to respond. But the choice is oviously yours.

Good Luck and please keep us updated!

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 09:57:27 AM »
Thank you everyone! I don't like dragging things out. I am hoping she replies since she seems to log on every few days or so. I am not happy about opening up a claim if it takes so long for a refund.  >_<
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »
Where is she a member at?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »
It's a bjd forum, not Den of Angels. I don't want to disclose this until after the whole thing plays out. I don't want to label her a bad seller just yet.  >_<
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
* update *

Last time seller was on forum was today at noon. No reply so I sent her another PM asking if she had shipped because I've not received anything. Since she is choosing to ignore me at this point, I'll be opening a dispute tomorrow evening and going further with a claim as soon as possible.  >_<  I really wanted this doll and now I am thinking about just washing my hands of it when I get refunded.

Edit;

She shipped express, which is next day! Whoa! She paid the extra to get me the item quickly. Bad break up with boyfriend and he never mailed any of the things out. She's had everyone PM her and she got upset. She did right by me though.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:48:19 PM by Like A Tea Spoon »
Avvie By Watercolors

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal